NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 599 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 29, 2004
Finished Kill Command - 6/10 - Worth watching if you want a brain less action movie that is sci-fi (artificial intelligence) based. This could have been a 10/10 with a slightly better script/plot.

Started watching Kill Command on Netflix. Not awesome but I have to say it is better than I expected it to be. I'm about 75% through it (fell asleep before it ended)

Kill Command (also known as Identify) is a 2016 British science fiction action horror film written and directed by Steven Gomez, and starring Thure Lindhardt and Vanessa Kirby. The story focuses on a group of U.S. Marines attempting to survive after a training mission against warfare A.I. goes wrong.

67% on RT. And it's not a US movie .... n wonders it is a breath of fresh air. It really is. It's not the typical Hollywood cookie cutter crap. It reminds me of Predator a little bit but don't want ot say what the differences are as to avoid spoilers. OK, it's been a long time since I compared a movie to the original Predator but I just did. And in no way is it as good as Predator. I'm not going there. Just the asthetic and feel to the movie is Predator like.

Reactions: fenrir

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Finally watched John Wick - 10/10 Perfect movie for what it is.

Im not really into action, or movies that are just dumb fun, but I think I smiled through this entire movie. Not sure what genre you'd consider this (Taken falls into this category as well), but even my girlfriend loved it.

Watching John Wick 2 tonight.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Gifted_film_poster.jpg

this film really tugged on my heart strings..maybe I was drunk..but i really liked it.

quick synopsis.
Gifted is a 2017 American comedy-drama film directed by Marc Webb and written by Tom Flynn. It stars Chris Evans, Mckenna Grace, Lindsay Duncan, Jenny Slate and Octavia Spencer. The plot follows an intellectually gifted 7-year-old who gets caught up in a custody battle between her uncle and grandmother

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
then immediately watched Zygote ...a short film from District 9 and Elysium director Neill Blomkamp's new Oats Studio.

holy crap guys...messed up shit...must see.

Reactions: Thebobo

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
then immediately watched Zygote ...a short film from District 9 and Elysium director Neill Blomkamp's new Oats Studio.

holy crap guys...messed up shit...must see.

Yea, I've liked all the Oats stuff so far. This one was pretty cool.

Reactions: Mayne

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
Watched birdman. I remember this movie getting great reviews when it came out. I personally hated it. Maybe I'm an idiot idk.

3/10

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2004
El Chapo - 9 part miniseries on Amazon Prime (or Netflix?). Make sure to change language to English! 7/10. Bing watched it yesterday. The first 7 episodes were a 7/10. The last two sucked though. What is sad, is that they
left the season ending short of the full story
which sucks because they covered
about 80% of the story so I don't know why they didn't do the last 20%. Even the last two episodes felt like pointless filler stuff

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i just watched Green Zone (2010) - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0947810/reference

With Matt Damon, about the WMD during the Iraq war of 2003.

Reads like a docu-drama, it's the lengthy, if rather straightforward, story of a pentagon black ops, where false info is fed to various defense departments about the location of the weapons of mass destruction, that Saddam had supposedly ordered.

Matt Damon, miscast as always, does his best with what he's got, and the end result isn't bad, but i suspect the film would have been much better if there was a more believable lead, say, like in American Sniper.
The plot is filled to the brim with intrigue, relevant dialogue, relevant action, to the point where the pacing is .. almost excessive. It's like the writer was trying more to inform, rather than to tell a story.

Good direction, good production, but nothing really memorable. Interesting spy-story take on your typical war film. Also starring Brendan Gleeson, FOR SOME REASON. I guess the casting director just got dumped and wanted to make a movie as miscast as possible just to piss off everybody.

worth a watch: 7/10

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Why don't movie theaters tell people not to talk during movies? They show 20 minutes of previews and intros, telling you not to text, not to record the screen, etc etc, and never do they mention TALKING during the fucking movie, which is a concept that old people seem not to know. And it's not even like I'm going to shitty mainstream movies where you'd expect morons sitting there. People are god damn awful

Sep 29, 2004
I had to turn around to some teenage girls in a theater and tell them to shut up a few years ago. Their response was whispers to eachother of "how rude'. I was polite but I couldn't take it anymore. Like 20 minutes of them jabbering before I had it.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
years ago, hell, I end up having to do it more often than not. it takes a lot of willpower to shhh them instead of yelling "shut the FVCK up." and it still doesn't stop them completely

and teenage girls I'd understand better than 60 year old scum who should know better by then. grrrrrr

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Why don't movie theaters tell people not to talk during movies? They show 20 minutes of previews and intros, telling you not to text, not to record the screen, etc etc, and never do they mention TALKING during the fucking movie, which is a concept that old people seem not to know. And it's not even like I'm going to shitty mainstream movies where you'd expect morons sitting there. People are god damn awful

They used to, guess before cell phones were the big problem.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
and teenage girls I'd understand better than 60 year old scum who should know better by then. grrrrrr

That's both ends of the DGAF spectrum, when you're a teen, DGAF, by the time your 69, DGAF.

Being in my 30s, with kids, I'm super polite at the movies

Reactions: slayer202

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003

Mine does both.
People ignore both.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
I had to turn around to some teenage girls in a theater and tell them to shut up a few years ago. Their response was whispers to eachother of "how rude'. I was polite but I couldn't take it anymore. Like 20 minutes of them jabbering before I had it.

It's the special hell for them.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
years ago, hell, I end up having to do it more often than not. it takes a lot of willpower to shhh them instead of yelling "shut the FVCK up." and it still doesn't stop them completely

I yelled once and it did the trick but it was embarrassing to do and I felt shitty afterwards. If you want to get really pissy go out get the attendant and narc on them demand your money back . Then go back and watch the fun.

Sep 29, 2004
LOL, I had to tell some drunk girls at Epcot (Disney world) to shut up during an animatronic show once. They were also offended!

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
lol. nah. :D imdb gave it (2007 version) 7.7, 0.1 more than the original 1957 version. it's a western starring crowe and bale. has 89% on rotten tomatoes and a perfect 4 on roger ebert.
I remember liking it a lot the first time I saw it. They did a great job making Crowe seem invincible / unstoppable. Rewatched at least a couple times, but I remember noticing a major plot hole the most recent time and it kinda ruined the whole thing for me. Thankfully, I no longer remember what it was! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.