NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 598 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Search sucks.

I have my own private Google! Really, a search engine I wrote myself that searches my own data. It's much better than the search here. I can make it case sensitive or not. I can have it search for combinations of strings -- any or all of up to three substrings. It's not Google, but it's pretty good and useful. Plus, I know the algorithms, I wrote them myself. Google's fantastic, but the algorithms are a black box.

Alternatively, there's a great free download I use alot called Agent Ransack. It's a lot better in my experience than Windows Search. But, of course, you are limited to a single string for search. Searches file/folder names too, of course.

you are probably the first one to mention that film.
It really is a good movie, I highly recommend it.

Last edited:

WiseUp216

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2012
www.heatware.com
Life - 6.5/10

Pretty shallow but I enjoyed it. It gets points for having a cool alien and satisfying ending. If a sequel is ever made, I would check it out.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Transformers - Last Knight - 5.5/10. The worse one of the franchise. Let see, the token black guy, the loud obnoxious young chick, the try so hard to pin the story way back to King Arthur and ancient England. M. Bay is losing his touch. There were some new nice looking vehicles.
I haven't seen the second one, but I'd rate all of his previous Transformers movies below 3 of 10.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
The Revenant - 9.5/10

Thus movie was pretty damn good. Watched it twice

I need to watch that one again. I think I only saw it the one time.

I watched Get Out recently. I'd say 8/10. I don't typically watch horror movies of any type but I checked this one out because I think I saw it mentioned here several times as being good so I figured I'd give it a shot. Glad I did; I enjoyed it. I don't think I agree with the director's politics (I watched one with the alternate ending after the credits and it had a voice over w/ the director) but he can sure make a good movie. Looking forward to see what else he comes out with.

I still wanna see Wonder Woman though I don't know if I'll get to that one before it's out of theaters. I'm really looking forward to Dunkirk. SPOOGE

Reactions: ch33zw1z

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I wouldn't even consider Get Out a horror movie. It's more of a suspense/thriller movie.

Green Room - 7/10 - watched this on Amazon Prime the other day and it was pretty interesting. It started out a bit slow but then things start to get crazy and wild. It was interesting to see Patrick Stewart as a bad guy skin head lol.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Logan - 8.5/10 - Awesome movie. Very different from the previous X-Men movies, but it was an excellent ending to the character. I'll miss Hugh Jackman playing Wolverine.

fenrir

Apr 6, 2001
The Void - 7/10

I liked it because it had the old 80's horror movie vibe going on. It is currently on Netflix.

Reactions: Zanovar
Nov 29, 2006
Been plowing through Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. I'm on S04E03 next. 8.5/10 so far. I didn't really think id like this show as im not a biker nor think much about them usually, but all the characters are really interesting and keep me wanting more.

Reactions: ch33zw1z
Sep 29, 2004
Leon: The Professional is coming to 4K!!! Review is on AVS forum for those to read. Same movie, just 4K. Supposed to look better than Blu Ray. All the HDR additions are minimal. Such an awesome moive. I'll give it a 10/10 ignoring source. Everyone needs to see this in their lifetime.

Reactions: A Casual Fitz
Sep 29, 2004
Started watching Kill Command on Netflix. Not awesome but I have to say it is better than I expected it to be. I'm about 75% through it (fell asleep before it ended)

Kill Command (also known as Identify) is a 2016 British science fiction action horror film written and directed by Steven Gomez, and starring Thure Lindhardt and Vanessa Kirby. The story focuses on a group of U.S. Marines attempting to survive after a training mission against warfare A.I. goes wrong.

67% on RT. And it's not a US movie .... n wonders it is a breath of fresh air. It really is. It's not the typical Hollywood cookie cutter crap. It reminds me of Predator a little bit but don't want ot say what the differences are as to avoid spoilers. OK, it's been a long time since I compared a movie to the original Predator but I just did. And in no way is it as good as Predator. I'm not going there. Just the asthetic and feel to the movie is Predator like.

Sep 29, 2004
Been plowing through Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. I'm on S04E03 next. 8.5/10 so far. I didn't really think id like this show as im not a biker nor think much about them usually, but all the characters are really interesting and keep me wanting more.

Tried watching it years ago. I watched about 5 episodes and gave up.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Green Room - 7/10 - watched this on Amazon Prime the other day and it was pretty interesting. It started out a bit slow but then things start to get crazy and wild. It was interesting to see Patrick Stewart as a bad guy skin head lol.

I really enjoyed that movie when I saw it.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I'm 87% of the way thru Wonder Woman...i keep falling asleep even though its pretty damn epic.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm curious if anyone has watched the movie "The Eyes Of My Mother" on Netflix. One of the radio guys I listen to is really into horror flicks and he has hyped up some disturbing movies before like Bone Tomahawk, and he said that The Eyes Of My Mother is one of the most disturbing movies he's ever seen. I'm curious if anyone has seen it and their thoughts on it.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Is this a "good horror movie" in the sense like The Witch movie? Because that movie was one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen and people raved about it especially on IMDB.

Yeah its good.creepy and weird as fucking hell.witch film?not sure what you are on about there.ah blair witch.ahah the witch.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Yeah its good.creepy and weird as fucking hell.witch film?not sure what you are on about there.ah blair witch.ahah the witch.
I liked The Eyes of My Mother. I give it a solid 8/10. The cinematography is great and it's just a creepy ass movie. It is pretty messed up but not as disturbing as the radio guy made it sound like. I definitely recommend it though, and it's like 75 minutes long so it's quick.

That movie is a bajillion times better than The Witch too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.