NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 180 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
Luther (Season 3): Eps 1-3 7.5/10, Ep 4 10/10
This show is so much better when the Alice Morgan is in it. Otherwise, its just OK. The last episode is by far the best; they should have started the season with her.
At least its set up so that if they do another season it will be interesting.

The last episode was by far the best, the rest felt mediocre in relation to the fourth, and the prior seasons.

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
Honestly you gave it about 4 more than it deserved in my opinion, and was van damme wearing some Rocky Horror Picture Show eyeliner or what?

Horrible, absolutely horrible movie.

A 5 is about as low as I'll go, especially when I watched the whole thing. I could definitely see someone giving it a much lower score.

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
Hit and Run (2012) -- 8/10

Watched this on Netflix ... knew absolutely nothing about it going in. Couldn't believe the IMDB score when I looked at it after. I thought it was much better than a 6/10. Had several funny moments
(dang near died with the talk about what happened to Dmitri in prison and the subsequent conversation in the car, plus the whole "real life lemon party" thing...twice)
, Tom Arnold's character was funny as heck (clearly the intent), and to me, the "romantic comedy" part of it was hidden under the action-comedy.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Forbidden World sucked ass.
It was the original theatrical cut version on Netflix, not the uncut version.

Also the video hadnt been cleaned up or anything, looks like butt.

orenero

Apr 12, 2005
TV SERIES / NETFLIX: Orange is the New Black ( Season 1 ) -- 9/10

Great series on life in women's prison ( she gets sentenced to one year for a crime she committed years ago later in life) and the drama associated with it. Very awesome show love it...

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
TV SERIES / NETFLIX: Orange is the New Black ( Season 1 ) -- 9/10

Great series on life in women's prison ( she gets sentenced to one year for a crime she committed years ago later in life) and the drama associated with it. Very awesome show love it...

Am enjoying it as well.

Some nice lesbian banter as well :D

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Sesame Street Classics - Vol 1. Netflix. 9.5/10

Watched it on a whim for a trip down memory lane, and what a trip it was.

dmoney1980

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2008
Clear History (HBO Original movie) - 7/10
If you know Larry David then you should know what to expect from this movie. It has its funny moments, but is predictable at times. Michael Keaton and Liev Schreiber were fantastic, Eva Mendes does well in her cameos, and J.B. Smoove plays the same character he always does.

Even though the storyline is original, I can't get past the fact that Larry's character and the things he does / says in the film makes this into a 2 hour long episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm. Overall it's an entertaining movie, especially if you like LD's style of comedy.

Last edited:

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Bullet to the Head 4/10
This movie is exactly what you expect it to be. No surprises and shitty CGI blood effects for gun shots. Are squibs really that much harder to do? Anyway it is nothing horrible just generic.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Luther (Season 3): Eps 1-3 7.5/10, Ep 4 10/10
This show is so much better when
Alice Morgan
is in it. Otherwise, its just OK. The last episode is by far the best;
they should have started the season with her
. At least its set up so that if they do another season it will be interesting.

Damages (TV): 8.5/10
Overall this series was pretty good, with little fall off from season to season. Kinda interesting seeing all the actors they cast going against type. First 4 seasons are free on Amazon Prime, but not the last one.

Two great TV shows I highly recommend.

Any idea of Luther season 3 will ever happen?

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Jack Reacher - 8/10: Still a Tom Cruise fan and I thought this was a heck of a lot of fun. Some great action sequences and fun character moments I enjoyed it from start to finish. I didn't really expect to, but I did.

KT

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Jack Reacher - 8/10: Still a Tom Cruise fan and I thought this was a heck of a lot of fun. Some great action sequences and fun character moments I enjoyed it from start to finish. I didn't really expect to, but I did.

KT

see, this is why we can't have nice things. :(

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001

KT

I enjoyed it too, but then again I like Tom Cruise (nohomo)

velillen

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2006
SO picked up Luther awhile ago to watch and just got around to it.

Season 1 9/10. Wow sucked me in and was thrilling the whole way. Enjoyed how everything relates to something from previous episodes. The plot was great in every episode. The last episode was great.

Season 2 8/10. Didnt find it as good as the first season. Didnt quite suck me in as much Same sort of pattern from the first season (as in everything builds episode to episode) but i dunno the overall plot just wasnt as good.

Only watched 1 pisode of season 3 so far. Still good but hasnt been as good. But i hear S3 really builds up to the last episode so cant wait

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
Two great TV shows I highly recommend.

Any idea of Luther season 3 will ever happen?

do you mean season 4? that review seems to be for season 3.

which reminds me...I need to get around to watching season 2.

Yeah, season 3 finished a couple of weeks ago. Now its whether they are going to do a Season 4, a Luther based movie, and/or a Alice Morgan spinoff TV series.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Catch Me If You Can - 7/10
Hostage - 6/10
The Good Shepherd - 7/10

All 3 were entertaining, well Acted, Hostage had a sub plot that was kinda ridiculous though, but it had some Action unlike the other 2.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Cruise sells his roles, even if they blend together. Total charm and charisma.

More like the robot interpretation of charm and charisma.

If you look closely almost every single one of his characters is basically the same.

He cant act for shit, he's just being the one character he learned years ago and refining it for each movie.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
More like the robot interpretation of charm and charisma.

If you look closely almost every single one of his characters is basically the same.

He cant act for shit, he's just being the one character he learned years ago and refining it for each movie.

Well whatever he is doing, it works for me.

KT

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
olympus has fallen - 4.5/5 - just a badass over the top popcorn action flick. a lot of violence and so many people die, but it's just a badass movie and goes as expected. it has an amazing soundtrack too my whole house felt like it was shaking during the first terrorist scene and i could feel the wind coming from my subs.

bullet to the head 2/5 - not terrible, just not great. very mediocore and forgettable.

Status
Not open for further replies.