NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 149 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
oh i've already seen tmnt3. i only did see it once though, and it was on video. such a travesty... :(

but i will watch it shortly as well on bluray to complete the trilogy, maybe with some ny style pizza!

You should definitely watch my link FIRST. Before you watch that movie again.

Dirigible

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2006
Whos the baddest mutha fuka of the land

SHO'NUFF!!!

XD

XD

XD

Lol

Shogun of Harlem!

I don't remember the name of that movie, but I'll use my fuzzy memories to rate it:

Horrible acting.
Ridiculous story.
But it achieved some so-bad-it's-good points.

4.5/10. I never want to see it again but it still makes me laugh when I think of it.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i challenge anyone to watch episode 9 of band of brothers and not shed a tear. i just finished that episode and wow ... very powerful episode :(.

1 left. i'm sad it is ending.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
i challenge anyone to watch episode 9 of band of brothers and not shed a tear. i just finished that episode and wow ... very powerful episode :(.

1 left. i'm sad it is ending.

Yeah that's a tough one. I forget the specifics but I remember the worst part being where the translator has to tell them all they will be locked back up for a limited time due to health concerns.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Yeah that's a tough one. I forget the specifics but I remember the worst part being where the translator has to tell them all they will be locked back up for a limited time due to health concerns.

yeah the entire episode is just very ... wow ... very eye opening. and to think this is based on reality and that it really happened to people like that is just so inhumane it's just hard to grasp why someone would do that.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Lol

Shogun of Harlem!

I don't remember the name of that movie, but I'll use my fuzzy memories to rate it:

Horrible acting.
Ridiculous story.
But it achieved some so-bad-it's-good points.

4.5/10. I never want to see it again but it still makes me laugh when I think of it.

Its Berry Gordy's the Last Dragon. So, Bruce LEEROY? WHOS THE MASTA?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Its Berry Gordy's the Last Dragon. So, Bruce LEEROY? WHOS THE MASTA?

i was actually looking for this movie on bluray 2 weeks ago and it doesn't exist :(

i was looking for the last dragon, only the strong, and 3 ninjas, but they only exist on dvd :(

smitbret

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2006
I Love You Phillip Morris - 8/10

Alex Cross - 2/10
Almost everything sucked about this movie.

Without Matthew Fox this movie is a 1/10.

Had they used Will Smith as the lead, this movie probably would have had a lot of potential.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
8674286292_e1cb911d3c_b.jpg

Oh snap, how did I miss this? Were you at a showing? :colbert:

KT

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
With all the stuff you've seen a year in advance at VIFF, I should be able to see something a month in advance :p

You know where to read more, though it's hard to say very much about a film like this

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
With all the stuff you've seen a year in advance at VIFF, I should be able to see something a month in advance :p

You know where to read more, though it's hard to say very much about a film like this

Ha, fair enough! /toddles off to Letterboxd...

KT

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
The Baytown Outlaws - 6/10

Randomly watched this movie and knew nothing about it. It is tarantino"esque" movie with over the top action scenes. It does have some drawn out dull moments in the movie that don't add much to the plot. You could just fast forward through the non action parts and get just as much enjoyment out of the film.

Live Free or Die Hard - 7/10

Don't know why it took so long for me to see this as I am a fan of the previous 3. There is not much too say about it, it is a solid Die Hard film with great action scenes. It did a good job of integrating the whole angle of "old school John McClane vs. technology". I did not care much for the co-star (Justin Long) but it does not detract from the film.

Last edited:

Childs

Lifer
Jul 9, 2000
Broadchurch - 8.5/10

Kinda like the British version of The Killing, starring David Tennant. The murder of a young boy in a small coastal town brings a media frenzy, which threatens to tear the community apart. Good acting, great location, and the conclusion was satisfactory.

Xonim

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2011
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps -- 6.5/10

Movie was decent, if rather predictable. Not a fan of some of the editing choices that were made, not really sure how to describe it. Almost like a picture-in-picture, it was pretty tacky. There were some fades too, which I thought stopped being cool about 12-15 years ago.

I was actually surprised by Shia LaBeouf. I thought he would be forever stuck as the Transformers kid, but he may be able to break out. He didn't knock this role out of the park, but it wasn't as awkward as I expected. We'll see.

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
John Dies at the End 7.5/10
This is a hard one to describe. Its a movie about two dudes that take a drug that allows them to see into other dimensions, screw with time, read peoples minds, see ghost, and other weird crap. That doesn't really cover it but what it comes down to is a fun goofy horror comedy. Big plus for using mostly practical effects. Directed by the same guy that did Bubba Ho-Tep and Phantasm. The Tall Man from Phantasm has a bit part in this.

JamesV

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2011
Life of PI - I seem to be in the minority, because I loved the second half (in the life boat), but thought the first part was barely above a direct to DVD film, and the ending suffered. 6/10 - Oscar Hype - overrated

Count of Monte Cristo with Jim Caviezel - while I know the story, I like Jim Caviezel, and needed some movies for my DVD queue. I thought this was really well done, especially scenes where a single swordsman holds another person til the police arrive, through swordwork and wounding. 8/10 - Luis Guzman was really terrible in this though

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
John Dies at the End 7.5/10
This is a hard one to describe. Its a movie about two dudes that take a drug that allows them to see into other dimensions, screw with time, read peoples minds, see ghost, and other weird crap. That doesn't really cover it but what it comes down to is a fun goofy horror comedy. Big plus for using mostly practical effects. Directed by the same guy that did Bubba Ho-Tep and Phantasm. The Tall Man from Phantasm has a bit part in this.

I freaking love Bubba Ho-Tep and can't wait to see this one. Has not played anywhere here yet though. :(

KT

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
I freaking love Bubba Ho-Tep and can't wait to see this one. Has not played anywhere here yet though. :(

KT

It is out on DVD, Blu-ray, Amazon Streaming, Itunes, and Google Play. It will be in Redbox kiosks on May 7th.

I'm excited for this too, I'll be watching it this weekend on Amazon Streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.