NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 796 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Killing Eve (Season 1): 9/10

A comedy drama about a psycho assassin with a child like personality.
lots of sexual innuendo but no nudity.

unfortunately, they show more skin of Sandra Oh (who plays Eve) than the cute blond assassin. :(
Killing Eve (Season 2): 6.5/10

omg.. What a horrible follow up to an amazing 1st season.
Season 2 is crap.

it started off good.
a new female assassin is introduced.
she's as effective as the blond psycho but is discreet and makes her kills look like natural deaths.

then half way through the season, Eve not only finds out who she is but also
easily captures her, both within 1/2 an episode.
Such a build up just to be let down.
then there's changes to the psycho blond...

Hopefully Season 3 will be better.

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Space Force is not doing so well.

Blue Collar was pretty good.

Reactions: Zanovar

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
did anyone one watch the new Epstein doc? I caught bits of it.I wonder what will happen to Ghislaine Maxwell.What a family.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Space Force is not doing so well.

Blue Collar was pretty good.

Im going to watch Blue Collar again.Watched it many years ago.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I'm giving Space Force a 7/10. Steve Carrell and John Malkovich make for an awesome pairing!

The show itself is a weird combination of an office comedy like The Office and a heroic US space drama like For All Mankind. Those two genres don't always seem to mesh well, but still somehow pulls off being both funny and engaging.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
The Handmaids Tale - Hulu 8.5/10
Dark, sinister, and WTF else can go wron in Offred's life (Joan), but well done.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Killing Eve (Season 2): 6.5/10

omg.. What a horrible follow up to an amazing 1st season.
Season 2 is crap.

it started off good.
a new female assassin is introduced.
she's as effective as the blond psycho but is discreet and makes her kills look like natural deaths.

then half way through the season, Eve not only finds out who she is but also
easily captures her, both within 1/2 an episode.
Such a build up just to be let down.
then there's changes to the psycho blond...

Hopefully Season 3 will be better.
Killing Eve (Season 3): 8/10

Not as good as S1 but loads better than S2.

we get some backstory of the Psycho Blond.
the person who trained her is her new handler. the reason why she (trainer) agreed to this is dumb.

also dumb is that the psycho blond got the promotion she wanted, yet surprised she's doing the same thing.
Why didnt she press the issue right there?!

Last edited:

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind 8/10
Japanese Anime with multi-language subtitles by Studio Ghibli

Nausicaaposter.jpg

understood most of it.
liked it but the ending wrapped up too quickly and neatly.
all that build up and that simple scene resolves everything...

not sure why it made so much $ in Japanese theaters:
Budget¥180 million
Box office¥1.48 billion :eek:

Last edited:

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Ramen Girl - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0806165/
subtitles: https://yts-subs.com/movie-imdb/tt0806165

a stupid little film that grows with every repeat watching, until you come to the understanding that there are only two people in the world, those who don't like The Ramen Girl, and those who are alive.

8/10 - a deeply touching film that has no equal

and

Tampopo - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092048/
subtitles: https://yts-subs.com/subtitles/tampopo-english-yify-145352

again on the same theme, however here the message is surrealism. Two very different films, that somehow work well together.

8/10 - a visionary masterpiece

the common theme is both ramen, but also, greatness in small things.

Last edited:

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Malcolm in the middle

7/10

Its corny over the top comedy, no i have not been living under a rock for all these years either. I just never exactly liked that kinda over the top comedy, it felt so scripted but i finally sat down and gave it a shot despite my overall opinions on such shows and found myself hooked. Ironically i liked Married with Children too. I guess i got a thing for raunchy comedies.

When a kid in this show poisons a group of people to win a cooking contest, yeah that will do it for you. Diabolical children in that show for sure.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i foudn out that the actress who starts in Ramen Girl is dead :/
died 1 year after filming, likely from accidental prescription overdose, but possibly from something else - it's unclear.
she was 32yo
F67VMTIQZJE4POBJCJUKPZGN4I.jpg

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
i foudn out that the actress who starts in Ramen Girl is dead :/
died 1 year after filming, likely from accidental prescription overdose, but possibly from something else - it's unclear.
she was 32yo
F67VMTIQZJE4POBJCJUKPZGN4I.jpg

Yep. She was also in 8 Mile.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yep. She was also in 8 Mile.
And Sin City...and Bully, I think? and whatever that movie is with Anne Hathaway...ah Havok? I think that's her, maybe someone else. (maybe that was Bijou Phillips in the last two...)

I always liked Brittany Murphy. A bit sad when she died because she was so young and already had really good chops and could dive into any role that was tossed her way.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Hold the Dark -- 7/10

I'm a fan of Alexander Skarsgard and muh boy James Badge Dale (I like to call him JBD). This was pretty slow but I thought it was nicely shot and well acted. Plus Jeffrey Wright is always good.

Not a movie but I stumbled across this channel on YouTube, called Screen Rant, that does these "pitch meetings" and they're frickin hilarious; I can't get enough of them.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Hold the Dark -- 7/10

I'm a fan of Alexander Skarsgard and muh boy James Badge Dale (I like to call him JBD). This was pretty slow but I thought it was nicely shot and well acted. Plus Jeffrey Wright is always good.

Not a movie but I stumbled across this channel on YouTube, called Screen Rant, that does these "pitch meetings" and they're frickin hilarious; I can't get enough of them.

He has great content on his other channel too:

Reactions: clamum

A Casual Fitz

Diamond Member
May 16, 2005
Hold the Dark -- 7/10

I watched all of those about a year ago. That guy seems to really love making those, great stuff.

Reactions: clamum
Status
Not open for further replies.