NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 500 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
new trailer for xmen: apocalypse

https://youtu.be/PfBVIHgQbYk

give me a break.. psylocke cant do that.

sophie turner (game of thrones) is the new Jean Grey/Phoenix?! she's like 18?
what happened to the old one?
oh wait.. this is the sequel to Xmen: First Class, during the early 1970's?

ahh.. makes more sense now.

Last edited:

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I've never been able to get into the X Men movies for some reason. This one seems interesting though...

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I've never been able to get into the X Men movies for some reason. This one seems interesting though...

They are the best of the mainstream comic book films in my opinion. Except for Last Stand because Brett Ratner.

KT

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

She's 20, and as far as I'm concerned she can be in as much (or as little -- if you know what I mean --- giggity) as she likes.

RearAdmiral

Platinum Member
Jun 24, 2004
Went to see 10 cloverfield lane by myself(first time ever) cause travel. Was enjoyable, especially the 2 ladies with their cellphones out the whole time.

John goodman is just greatman.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch it, but it just looks so campy. I also don't get why so much attention is paid to Mystique. Is it just because of Jlaw?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch it, but it just looks so campy. I also don't get why so much attention is paid to Mystique. Is it just because of Jlaw?

yes.
the whole butchered 'xmen: Days of future Present' storyline was shoehorned to make JLAW the center of the plot.
omg the plot holes........

Sep 29, 2004
Went to see 10 cloverfield lane by myself(first time ever) cause travel. Was enjoyable, especially the 2 ladies with their cellphones out the whole time.

John goodman is just greatman.
When you are older, youll tell them to turn it off.

If that fails I'd tell management to remove them.

If that fails I'd smash their phone.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
yes.
the whole butchered 'xmen: Days of future Present' storyline was shoehorned to make JLAW the center of the plot.
omg the plot holes........

Oscar winning, young, hottest actress -- career-wise -- in Hollywood, very bankable star... Not the worst idea.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

Yeah they uh, expanded that psy-blade a bit eh? It went from a dagger/sai to a sword? lol. Either way, I liked the trailer. Looks intense. Apocalypse is one of the great villains of Marvel, they better not mess it up! Either way, he can just transfer his conscience to another being like Xavier so he's very hard to kill.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I wonder what the next great comic story arc will be?

Secret wars?
Kingdom Come?
Crisis?
Lex Luthor, President
Superman, President

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Just chiming in here.

The best Tarantino flick is Inglorious Basterds. That gripping opening scene alone is amazing. It makes me realize talented some folks are at what they're doing. A pure raw performance by Christoph Waltz backed by brilliant writing. He stole the show.

I saw Kill Bill I & II again recently. You can say I is just a gorefest, but II shows off a solid writing of substance... "BANG BANG MOMMY".

Basterds is his masterpiece. :thumbsup:

KT

I haven't watched KB I & II in awhile myself, might soon.

When KB I came out, I almost never thought I would get my DVD back, I loaned it to a buddy at work for awhile and his teen aged son and daughter watched it about 5 or 6 times in two weeks :p

I wasn't worried about it, told him to let them have at it :)

I'll agree on Basterds, rewatched it earlier today actually.

inglourious-basterds-Favim.com-235015.gif

aldoraine-scalps2.gif

Last edited:

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
The Foot Fist Way -- 8/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0492619/

Is saw this when it first came out, but this is my first rewatch in probably 6+ years. Personally I think it holds up.

This is a VERY early Danny McBride and Jody Hill collaboration. It's pretty much similar to all their works and deliveries, so if you don't like McBride in his other roles, you're going to hate this one. Luckily I love McBride in pretty much everything he does.

This is pretty low budget, quality movie but McBride delivers over and over with his white-trash status and complete obliviousness.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Seriously? You don't think Pulp Fiction was his master piece? I think you need to watch both films again. I like both, but Pulp Fiction was an amazing film.

I have watched both recently. They are both 10/10 for me, but Inglourious is just more complete and polished as a film in my opinion.

KT

Feb 10, 2000
I have watched both recently. They are both 10/10 for me, but Inglourious is just more complete and polished as a film in my opinion.

KT

They are probably my two favorites of his as well. I love Pulp Fiction but would personally put Inglourious Basterds ahead of it. The first scene (in the French farmhouse), in particular, is one of my favorite scenes of all time, and superior to anything in Pulp Fiction in my view.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
They are probably my two favorites of his as well. I love Pulp Fiction but would personally put Inglourious Basterds ahead of it. The first scene (in the French farmhouse), in particular, is one of my favorite scenes of all time, and superior to anything in Pulp Fiction in my view.

Absolutely. The opening scene in Basterds is one of my favorite scenes ever as well. That one and the basement bar scene. So good. The only thing stopping IB from being a 10/10 to me is when QT goes full Tarantino in the final act with the theater part. It just did not fit with the rest of the movie IMHO and felt too forced/unnecessary.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

Yep, that scene and the bar scene for me. The cafe scene is also not that far behind: Waltz and Laurent are both so freaking good there and the tension is so high!

KT

Status
Not open for further replies.