NOW CLOSED ; List some movies you've watched recently. Theatre, rental, TV... and give a */10

Page 492 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
p3596037_p_v8_aa.jpg

When his plane crashes, a U.S. Navy officer (Rob Freeman) must trek through an African landscape where zombies roam.

Suprisingly really good. I got a real sense of dread throughout the whole movie. And its set in Africa. Gonna watch The Dead 2 tonight which is set in India.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Deadpool

i still haven't watched it.

damn, been spending all day at work, all night sleeping (other way around actually, night shfits), can't put my head on straight when i'm off work; and now i have to avoid all social media because i just know i'm gonna walk face first into a massive spoiler.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
No No: A Dockumentary -- 8/10

You gotta be a baseball fan to like this one. Dock Ellis was the famed pitcher who, in 1971, threw a no-hitter while high on LSD. The documentary covers more than that, and it's just a great ride down a funky-ass time in baseball (late 60s and early 70s) with the Pirates who were about the baddest brothers in sports.

Dave_Parker_smoking.jpg

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
No No: A Dockumentary -- 8/10

You gotta be a baseball fan to like this one. Dock Ellis was the famed pitcher who, in 1971, threw a no-hitter while high on LSD. The documentary covers more than that, and it's just a great ride down a funky-ass time in baseball (late 60s and early 70s) with the Pirates who were about the baddest brothers in sports.

Dave_Parker_smoking.jpg

That's the one that is mostly psychedelic animation, right? I think there are at least 2 or 3 Doc Ellis docs that I have seen, or at least parts of.

pretty entertaining. This no-no is my 2nd-favorite (Well, maybe 3rd favorite) baseball story.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
That's the one that is mostly psychedelic animation, right? I think there are at least 2 or 3 Doc Ellis docs that I have seen, or at least parts of.

pretty entertaining. This no-no is my 2nd-favorite (Well, maybe 3rd favorite) baseball story.

No... not much animation in this on at all (in fact none that I can think of)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3399112/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCH4fAHtKBo
Came out in 2014.

If you're into baseball at all, there's a great new series on Smithsonian (free on their App if you don't get the channel) called "Major League Legends". Just 4 episodes, and hour each covering Aaron, Gehrig, Ruth and Williams

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Caught Mr. Holmes the other night 9/10

A nice slow moving "what if" Sherlock Holmes got old and forgot stuff. Really done well. Surprised the academy didnt even give it a nod.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Zoolander 2 - terrible/10
Unfriended - terrible/10

Couldn't even finish either since they were so bad.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Hap and Leonard on Sundance

This looks like it will be really good. You have Joan from Mad Men, Omar from The Wired and Joe Carroll from The Following.

Might start a thread for this one.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Hap and Leonard on Sundance

This looks like it will be really good. You have Joan from Mad Men, Omar from The Wired and Joe Carroll from The Following.

Might start a thread for this one.

DVR'd. Agreed it looks like it has potential. I heard an interview on NPR with the author of the novels this show is based on. His life story was fascinating.

Sep 29, 2004
Just got my Night Watch and day watch Blu ray discs so I'm pretty damn happy. I'm going to watch them this weekend hopefully.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
London has Fallen 8/10

great firefight scenes.

cons:
-you're in the armory of a safe house.
there's No body armor?!

-end of rescue was stupid:
there's a conveniently abandoned elevator shaft right there to fall safely into :rolleyes:

The ending lends to a 3rd movie.
Come up w/some titles...

'India has Fallen'
'North Korea has Fallen' :eek:
America has Fallen :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

thedarkwolf

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 1999
Blue Mountain State: The Rise of Thadland 7/10
If you liked the series you are going to like the movie, the series was better though. If you haven't watched the series and like raunchy late night humor both the movie and the series are on Netflix.

Sep 29, 2004
Blue Mountain State: The Rise of Thadland 7/10
If you liked the series you are going to like the movie, the series was better though. If you haven't watched the series and like raunchy late night humor both the movie and the series are on Netflix.
The tv series is epic

Sep 29, 2004
Is Day Watch just as good? I saw NW a long time ago and enjoyed it.
Yes

You should watch them both and i hate to say it but you should rewatch the first one. The ending of day watch requires that nightwatch be fresh in your head. . Trust me on that.

Wow, people think daywatch is better? . I view them as being a single 3 hour movie more so than two movies.

slayer202

Lifer
Nov 27, 2005
just finished season 3 of Rectify. started a little slow, like each season, but what a great show

Status
Not open for further replies.