List of veterans attacked by Trump and the right wing for no reason other then disagreeing with Heir Fuher

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm not saying just being a vet absolves them from all responsibility for their actions but there is an ever growing list of veterans publicly attacked and smeared by the President of the United States for doing nothing more then disagreeing with him. I was inspired to create this thread after the disgusting attacks on Lt. Col. Vindman.

Here is my list just from recollection. Feel free to add to the list.

Taylor
Vindman
McCraven
Mueller
Johnson
Kahn
McCain

My question especially for Vet groups, when are you going to stop showing up and supporting this guy? Clearly he doesn't have your best interests at heart

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I'm not saying just being a vet absolves them from all responsibility for their actions but there is an ever growing list of veterans publicly attacked and smeared by the President of the United States for doing nothing more then disagreeing with him. I was inspired to create this thread after the disgusting attacks on Lt. Col. Vindman.

Here is my list just from recollection. Feel free to add to the list.

Taylor
Vindman
McCraven
Mueller
Johnson
Kahn
McCain

My question especially for Vet groups, when are you going to stop showing up and supporting this guy? Clearly he doesn't have your best interests at heart
I guess all the Generals (past & present) fit that list as well since he claims he is smarter than they are.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You forgot John Kelly.
He can be in the list but I excluded him because Kelly was on the call Trump made to the widow of the fallen soldier Johnson. A Congresswoman was in the car with the family and Kelly lied to defend Trump

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Now that Fox News and other right wing Trumpers were excoriated for their unwarranted attack what is their comeback, "well you guys were ok with attacking Mike Flynn". Like I said in the OP being a vet does not mean absolved from consequences. Flynn was found guilty of lying to the FBI. He deserves his scorn.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Now that Fox News and other right wing Trumpers were excoriated for their unwarranted attack what is their comeback, "well you guys were ok with attacking Mike Flynn". Like I said in the OP being a vet does not mean absolved from consequences. Flynn was found guilty of lying to the FBI. He deserves his scorn.

They are very aware of the difference between attacking an admitted felon and someone just doing their job but they don’t care as their goal is not to win but to muddy the waters.

Reactions: Vic and DarthKyrie

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Jill Fillipovic writes for CNN:

One man is a refugee-turned-American-Soldier, a decorated lieutenant colonel who holds a Purple Heart from his duty in Iraq -- where he was injured by a roadside bomb -- and a master's degree from Harvard. After working in US embassies in Kiev and Moscow, he now sits on the National Security Council, and writes eloquently and forcefully about his sense of duty.

The other is a child of privilege -- who inherited hundreds of millions of dollars and avoided the Vietnam War draft by claiming bone spurs.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
In a different political climate all the veterans the OP listed would be labeled "baby killers".

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
In a different political climate all the veterans the OP listed would be labeled "baby killers".

Putting aside your opinion of the attitudes of certain Vietnam war protesters from a bygone era, do you think it's appropriate for the POTUS to attack these veterans and question their loyalty to the country?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
What, no credit for people in the country learning lessons from the past?

Too bad a large group didn't learn lessons in voting for autocrats.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Trying to figure out how this could be an article for impeachment. Let me see.....

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

That's very true for some.

You just have to look at the photos of Abu Graib to see how far from ethics some can get.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Not all veterans, just the ones that did kill babies. But of course, that doesn't matter to you, because in the current political climate, Republicans expect veterans to be loyal to Trump instead of the Constitution.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
When Hillary looked Trump in the eye & said he was unfit to be President his voters said "Nuh-uhh! Can't prove it! Neener-neener!"

What will it take from Trump to convince them that she was right? Can they snap out of it?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
When Hillary looked Trump in the eye & said he was unfit to be President his voters said "Nuh-uhh! Can't prove it! Neener-neener!"

What will it take from Trump to convince them that she was right? Can they snap out of it?

the chuds dont care. If trump wrecks the economy for everyone else good.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

Flynn was a thundercunt well before he ever got involved with Trump and lied to the FBI, so there are many valid reasons to attack that sonofabitch.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Flynn was a thundercunt well before he ever got involved with Trump and lied to the FBI, so there are many valid reasons to attack that sonofabitch.

Here's one of his many activities prior to being National Security Adviser-

Vindman was merely born in the former USSR but the GOP thinks it's fine to question his loyalty to this country.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Misha Flynn and his son both have the thunder affliction.

Funny how the repug outrage now directed at Lt Col Vindman never found it's way to Flynn, someone guilty of working as an unregistered agent for a foreign country while being National Security Adviser.

Fook all these SOBs.