List of positive accomplishments in Iraq by military and leaders

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
* Brutal Baathist dictatorship overthrown - no more regime sponsored rape rooms
* Saddam captured and on trial - despite all attempts to stop the trial
* Saddam's criminal sons killed
* New Constitution
* Elections - an estimated 8 million people, 60 percent of eligible voters, braved violence and ignored calls for a boycott to go vote
* New Government
* Foreign terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi killed and
* Al Qaeda leadership in Iraq smashed
* Thousands of new Iraqi police trained - new recruits still lining up despite attacks
* Tens of thousands of new Iraqi troops trained

It is undeniable that the US+Iraq relationship is strong and making significant progress. :)

Other accomplishments: education, health, water & sanitation, electricity, transportation, and telecommunications

Aug 1, 2006
*WMD (you know, the supposed reason we prosecuted this war in the first place?) not found
*3,000 dead GIs and counting in exchange for not ONE mobile lab
*October deadliest month ever for Iraqis as well as American solders
*Have provided a training ground for terrorists with live fire targets, U.S. solders
*Irreparable loss of respect and standing with enemies and allies alike, even 2-bit commie dictators can thumb their nose at the U.S. with impunity....
*Iraqi President preventing U.S. troops from even trying to stop some of the violence
*In most parts of the country they get 4-6 hours of electricity per day, whereas under Saddam is was closer to 24/7
*Death squads swarm whole neighborhoods, killing indiscriminately, later dumping the mutilated bodies everywhere
*The blundering of post war Iraq has emboldened North Korea and Iran, pushing us ever nearer to catastrophe.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Electricity output is way below pre war levels, oil output is down, unemployment is up.

No rape rooms, now we just have indiscriminate killing and torture on a mass scale, but at least it's not rape, I would much rather have someone use a drill on my skull before shooting me then rape me.

But hey they are getting into the entrepreneurial spirit, right now kidnapping for ransom is one of the top jobs in Baghdad, hooray for small business initiative!

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
US and Iraqi forces have been doing a great job.
Of digging graves.

Dean

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 1999
* Thousands of new Iraqi police trained - new recruits still lining up despite attacks. Those same recruits now Iraqi Hit Squads. Cleansing the name Omar.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE HE IS QUOTING.
GO TO THE BOTTOM AND CLICK ON ARMORED CARS!!!!
ITS A COMPANY THAT PROVIDES ARMORED CARS!!!! AND ARMED SECURITY!!!! SAYING HOW GREAT EVERYTHING IS IN IRAQ!
BBBWWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS THE MOST P*WNED THREAD EVER!

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
THey can also help you find real estate:

"As with anything to do with real estate, the old saying, ?location, location, location?, rings true in Iraq ."

Man lol.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by: hellokeith
* Brutal Baathist dictatorship overthrown - no more regime sponsored rape rooms
* Saddam captured and on trial - despite all attempts to stop the trial
* Saddam's criminal sons killed
* New Constitution
* Elections - an estimated 8 million people, 60 percent of eligible voters, braved violence and ignored calls for a boycott to go vote
* New Government
* Foreign terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi killed and
* Al Qaeda leadership in Iraq smashed
* Thousands of new Iraqi police trained - new recruits still lining up despite attacks
* Tens of thousands of new Iraqi troops trained
Good. We have done all the important things. Our work there is done. Time to get out and move on to other projects.

Or do you intend to say that things aren't that rosy? And that you think those changes aren't permanent?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
This is quite possibly the dumbest, most naive thread I've ever seen on P&N (including the prof's). OP, we are all dumber for having read this POS thread. I award you a dozen cookies, and may god have mercy on your soul.

:cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Pens1566
This is quite possibly the dumbest, most naive thread I've ever seen on P&N (including the prof's). OP, we are all dumber for having read this POS thread. I award you a dozen cookies, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Are you disputing the points that I made? Does good news frighten the left?

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005

I don't need to because 3 other posters already did. Stop before more people laugh at you.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

Most of the folks here refuse to acknowledge that any of those things really happened; or, they simply lack the tenacity and patience to see those items mature over the next few years. For the most part, they are also unwilling to sacrifice themselves or their dollars in our efforts to bring Democracy to the M.E.

I wouldn't even bother to try and argue with any of them unless you're like me and take great pleasure in upsetting them and getting them all riled up. I use this forum for pure entertainment, and nothing more. I suggest you do the same or go elsewhere for more mature debate on each issue.

This forum is like TV for me while I'm at work. Some of these tinfoil babies are worth their weight in pure comedic gold!

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000

Rebuttal:

Brutal Baathist dictatorship overthrown - no more regime sponsored rape rooms
Instead we have death squads murdering hundreds every day.

Saddam captured and on trial - despite all attempts to stop the trial
Ok, this is true But lets not forget the US supported Saddam for many years

New Constitution
Which is failing so badly most of the country wants to tear it up and start fresh

Elections - an estimated 8 million people, 60 percent of eligible voters, braved violence and ignored calls for a boycott to go vote
And yet the Iraqi people are not supporting the government they elected.

Foreign terrorist Abu Musab al-Zarqawi killed and
Al Qaeda leadership in Iraq smashed
Yes, we killed ONE. yet Al-Qaeda wasn't even present in Iraq under Saddam

Thousands of new Iraqi police trained - new recruits still lining up despite attacks
And the ones we trained are now...in the death squads. And hundreds have been dismissed. In fact there are NO reliable Iraqi police or troops. And the economy is so bad that new recruits are joining desperate to feed their families, not support the government.

Tens of thousands of new Iraqi troops trained
Meaning tens of thousands of worthless troops. In fact, tens of thousands of new enemies to peace.

And worthless propagandists like you try to sway opinion this way?
Look at this response to your post:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE HE IS QUOTING.
GO TO THE BOTTOM AND CLICK ON ARMORED CARS!!!!
ITS A COMPANY THAT PROVIDES ARMORED CARS!!!! AND ARMED SECURITY!!!! SAYING HOW GREAT EVERYTHING IS IN IRAQ!
BBBWWWWAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS THE MOST P*WNED THREAD EVER!

Keep posting. All you are doing is showing how badly things are going in Iraq.

Aisengard

Golden Member
Feb 25, 2005
Since paley can't argue, he tries to be condescending. Kinda hard to be condescending when you're below everyone though, so it just comes off as pathetically amusing.

Pandaren

Golden Member
Sep 13, 2003
Originally posted by: hellokeithAre you disputing the points that I made? Does good news frighten the left?

The bad news pisses the hell out of this Libertarian, that is for sure.

56 bullet ridden bodies found in Baghdad, 5 US Troops killed

What do you say to that hellokeith? Iraqis are regularly butchering, shooting, and torturing their own, with US troops caught in the middle.

If the Iraqis as a collective society really want a functional democratic government, reliable police, and effective military, they have to build that themselves. They have to want it badly enough to end the sectarian violence.

The US presence merely ensures that the Iraqi government will be using the US as a crutch for the foreseeable future. Time for Iraq to get up off its ass and off American welfare.

Strk

Lifer
Nov 23, 2003

Yeah, it's a shame most of them can't be trusted, as recently seen by Iraqis asking for them to step down and have the US troops come back.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
BTW, I will bet $100 right now that even Palehorse knew that Iraq could VERY EASILY fall into Civil War when we took out Saddam ... so what was the plan again?

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
There should be an asterisk next to each of those claims because each of them has a hidden dark side which actually overshadows whatever good might be gleamed from them.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Pandaren
Originally posted by: hellokeithAre you disputing the points that I made? Does good news frighten the left?

What do you say to that hellokeith? Iraqis are regularly butchering, shooting, and torturing their own, with US troops caught in the middle.
I don't know what he'd say, but my response is that we simply have some more hard work to do over there.

You want to help? no? You sure? I didnt think so, but I figured I'd ask anyways...

Arkaign

Lifer
Oct 27, 2006
Personally, I think only the insane can still remain even cautiously optimistic about the future of Iraq. The descent into further violence and chaos is as inevitable as politicians lying daily.

The Republicans cannot do much to fail more miserably than they already have.

The Democrats sure can't do better, but the most prudent course of action is to just pack up and leave. Let the Iraqis have the civil war they are fighting so desperately to achieve, let a winner win utterly, and *maybe* then peace will return. Most likely that peace will be won under the boot of a dictator no better than Saddam Hussein, and most likely, that leader will be a fundamentalist, instead of a Secular Baathist.

Do you know what that means? That leader will be one helluva lot more likely to support anti-western terrorist activity than the Baathists ever would have.

As for anything positive about the Iraqi fiasco up to this point? It will all be washed away by the surging violence and civil war, but at least a select group of contractors and their cartels got really rich, right?

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: International Machine Consortium
*WMD (you know, the supposed reason we prosecuted this war in the first place?) not found
*3,000 dead GIs and counting in exchange for not ONE mobile lab
*October deadliest month ever for Iraqis as well as American solders
*Have provided a training ground for terrorists with live fire targets, U.S. solders
*Irreparable loss of respect and standing with enemies and allies alike, even 2-bit commie dictators can thumb their nose at the U.S. with impunity....
*Iraqi President preventing U.S. troops from even trying to stop some of the violence
*In most parts of the country they get 4-6 hours of electricity per day, whereas under Saddam is was closer to 24/7
*Death squads swarm whole neighborhoods, killing indiscriminately, later dumping the mutilated bodies everywhere
*The blundering of post war Iraq has emboldened North Korea and Iran, pushing us ever nearer to catastrophe.

Your a powerful force in the Leftist Disinformation Machine.

Under a year for nukes

And lets not even go into the UN Inspection games of Peek-A-Boo and Hide'n Go Seek.

The Left sure has a hard time taking a firm stand dont they?

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: Pandaren

I don't know what he'd say, but my response is that we simply have some more hard work to do over there.

You want to help? no? You sure? I didnt think so, but I figured I'd ask anyways...

Have you ever considered that your leadership .. non-military - but telling the military what to do.. might have wanted Iraq to spiral into chaos and terror so they wouldn't have to leave?

There is no excuse for going in there with half the troops necessary.. Rumsfeld is an idiot and so is every other leader who voted to attack Iraq