drag

Elite Member
Jul 4, 2002
What is 'Vegas Solitare'? Is that a specific video game? I did a search and all I found was some flash stuff.

Have you tried 'sol', the gnome solitare? (aka AisleRiot) I know it doesn't keep track of money or whatever, but literally it has over 80 different solitare variations. It's kinda funny just how many different solitare games it supports.

Ruger22C

Golden Member
Sep 22, 2006
Yes, I've tried that... It doesn't have it. :(
Vegas Solitaire(Wrong title maybe?) comes with Windows, but I'd like to run Linux on that machine. :(

drag

Elite Member
Jul 4, 2002
The solitare game provided by windows is 'klondike' in Aisleriote. It's pretty close to the Windows game, but you can't configure it to keep track of a money score and it only allows you to select the cards in 3's, were with the Windows stuff it's configurable to base scoring on money or not and weither or not you want to do 3 at a time or one at a time.

I think that's right. I am no solitare expert though!

If you want to run the Microsoft solitaire program in Linux it's pretty simple... Just find a windows install somewere and copy the sol.exe file off of it.

Then you can use wine to run it. Install wine using synaptic and then you can run it from the command line like this:
wine sol.exe

And I think you should be able to just double click on it to launch it (after installing wine). It should work fine.