Linux WINE: CVS? wtf?

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
im looking over instructions for installing wine in linux (running redhat 8.0), and the first instruction is to download wine (winex for me) using the command "cvs" in the shell. but as soon as i do that, i get the error message "command not found". what the hell am i supposed to do? heres the instructions (from the faq thread in the OS forum):
Or, to get the WineX source:

1. Go to Transgaming's Site and read the licence.
2. Open a shell window.
3. cvs -d : pserver:anonymous@cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex login
4. You will be asked for the password. Just hit enter.
5. cvs -z3 -d : pserver:anonymous@cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex co -r winex-2-0-branch wine

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
grr... i got cvs installed, but when i try to compile WINE, i get this:
WINE installer v0.7
then a couple of blank lines, then nothing. no prompt, or anything. the guide says it takes a long time to compile, but i dont hear any hard drive activity or anything, and its been sitting there a good 20 minutes with no changes. did i do something wrong?

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
just get the wine .rpm off of your redhat cd..

(well 7.x had a wine rpm on the disc.. i dont see why ver 8 wouldnt.)

Heisenberg

Lifer
Dec 21, 2001
Surely there's an RPM available for wine for Redhat?

Edit: Here's a link to download it from redhat.com. It's gotta be on the 8.0 CD's too.

OREOSpeedwagon

Diamond Member
May 30, 2001
Being the linux n00b i am, i thought he was talking about some kind of wine called 'Linux' that you can buy at CVS :eek::D

djheater

Lifer
Mar 19, 2001
Originally posted by: bryce
Being the linux n00b i am, i thought he was talking about some kind of wine called 'Linux' that you can buy at CVS :eek::D

me too :D.... I'dve bought it....