Linux VuDu Installation problems.

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by FriedRiceBob, Apr 7, 2004.

1. FriedRiceBob

FriedRiceBob Senior member

ok...i've been trying to install linux on my dead badger for a week now according to these simple instructions. Problem is, i'm interfacing through my wireless router to the Duppy card...do you think the Duppy card responds well to DHCP?

EDIT: could it have something to do with trying to run Phranken on XP instead of 98/ME/2000? I even tried compatability mode...but no help. Maybe I'll borrow an iBook from work and try it with FleshGolem instead.

2. drag

drag Elite Member

RTFM, man.

I followed the instructions printed the inside of the box and even used a puppy I stole from next door, I didn't require too much in the way of modifications... Anyways, badgers smell bad.

(Well maybe it helped that it wasn't COMPLETELY dead before I started the conversion.)

After I recompiled 2.6.6rc6 kernel for it, it worked great, although the eyes seem to glow a bit funny, I wanted to go with the green zombie, but this is more purplish-hellfire then anything else. Oh,well.

Is there any head trama to speak of?

3. FriedRiceBob

Well i ran Harvey's Synapse scan, and it came up clean...but it said i only had 10-million free synapses.

how many synapses in your pupupy?

I'm beginnning to think this was an autistic badger.

4. chsh1ca

chsh1ca Golden Member

Lmfao, I saw that in an IRC channel earlier... ;)

5. drag

drag Elite Member

About a 130 million. Although I do think that a puppy is generally going to have more (not sure about that), but on a fresh install you should have at least 70 million free.

I am thinking that you badger may have suffered some head trama before it's untimely death, but I wouldn't worry about it to much. You just need to find the tumor (if it has one), releive any pressure on any anurisms surrounding the damaged tissue (I find jabbing with a pen to be good, however pencil lead can break off and cause problems later) and then solder in a couple jumpers.

If that doesn't work, then maybe you just need to find a new host. But that's ok, maybe you can graft a monkey head to your badger body and get something with more then enough intellegence and storage capacity, and still get the nice compact and power form factor.

6. FriedRiceBob

thanks for the advice drag.
    I just sniped a monkey brain on eBay. it fits the physical deminsions of my badger, it was a clean pull from a spider monkey. The seller said its a 2 billion synapse brain...so i can also use my badger as a file server now...sweet.

FriedRiceBob goes off dreaming of how he shall soon be able to call out "Boris, I want to watch Fear and Loathing...get away from the microwave"

7. Monoman

Monoman Platinum Member

WTF are you guys talking about? wtf? lol /me is tired :p

8. n0cmonkey

n0cmonkey Elite Member

Monkey rulz!

Puppy sux0rz!

monkey > *