Links Folder in your Favorites

Windex

Jun 9, 2000
Is it possable to make this folder dissapear for good? I have deleted it on many occasions, and it just keeps commin back. It dosnt come back for any given reason (IE: re-opening IE, restarting the computer) it would just reapear a random ammount of time later. Ive e-mailed every address i could find on the knowledge bas and have yet to receive a reply. Is there a way to kill it for good?

SaigonK

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2001
www.robertrivas.com
Right mouse click on the folder - check the "hidden" and "read only" boxes.
It should go away if you are not showing hidden files under folder options.
Or you can get TweakUI and do the same thing...

Windex

Jun 9, 2000
The problem isnt with deleting it as your post would imply, there is nothing wrong with the attributes of the file, as it deletes and stays gone for a random ammount of time. Otherwise it wouldnt have never let me delete it and instead complained about its attributes. The problem is it just re-apears but without any type of trigger to make it re-apear, ive restarted this thing a bunch of times right now and its still gone, but say i look in 5 minutes from now, it will just show up. Also ive cheacked tweekui and there is no option for what i want to do. Belive me this problem has been going on since ive been using windows 98. It has done it all the way through to windows xp and through IE 4 up to IE 6. Ive been going to the knowledge base for several years trying to find some type of artical, without any luck.

Logix

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2001
Well then, I think SaigonK's suggestion should work. If you keep deleting it, IE will keep puting it back. But, if you leave it there and just make it hidden, then IE won't try to bring it back, and it'll stay hidden.