Lindsey Graham's conscience

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
They say when you sell your nsould to the devil....you also sell any conscience you might have...……

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
I remember during the Clinton impeachment, January 1999, when I had just retired and was teaching. I was home grading papers and watching CSPAN. Then-congressman Graham was battling it out with Nicole Seligman, Clinton's lawyer, and from then on, I began referring to him as "Congressman Graham-Cracker".

All of those people, Graham and some of his senatorial colleagues, Jordan, Gaitz, Nunes and other outspoken GOP congressmen -- it's as though they're from some other galaxy. I couldn't tell some of the bald-faced lies and balderdash they spew on camera-- real-time, in the news -- and face seeing it reappear in clips on news broadcasts. Who do those people have around them? Really? Their families, personal associates and colleagues? So those people as well come from outer-space?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
I remember during the Clinton impeachment, January 1999, when I had just retired and was teaching. I was home grading papers and watching CSPAN. Then-congressman Graham was battling it out with Nicole Seligman, Clinton's lawyer, and from then on, I began referring to him as "Congressman Graham-Cracker".

All of those people, Graham and some of his senatorial colleagues, Jordan, Gaitz, Nunes and other outspoken GOP congressmen -- it's as though they're from some other galaxy. I couldn't tell some of the bald-faced lies and balderdash they spew on camera-- real-time, in the news -- and face seeing it reappear in clips on news broadcasts. Who do those people have around them? Really? Their families, personal associates and colleagues? So those people as well come from outer-space?
They should be featured on the television show -- Anceint aliens....lolol

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Who do those people have around them? Really? Their families, personal associates and colleagues? So those people as well come from outer-space?

Conservative society seems rife with alpha male family traditions. Where you do not question the "master" lest disowning immediately follows. Whoever remains in their lives are boot licking yes-men. Much like themselves.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Conservative society seems rife with alpha male family traditions. Where you do not question the "master" lest disowning immediately follows. Whoever remains in their lives are boot licking yes-men. Much like themselves.
I was just watching the Trump surrogate Jack Kingston on MSNBC's AM Joy this morning. It's as though these people have a love affair with Putin and Russia because they're captivated by Trump -- who has a love affair with Putin . . . and Russia . .

I had high hopes for Russia when Yeltsin was president. I've read many Russian classics -- Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Solzenitzen, Pasternak, Chekov -- in translation. Used to collect 33rpms of Mussorgsky, Tchaikovsky, Borodin, Rachmaninoff. I had Russian students in the '90s. My barber/hairdresser/stylist was a Russian woman until just after Trump won the election. [Her salon was about 2 miles from March ARB, and she just "disappeared" after Trump won. Maybe she had a Minox camera -- I don't know. But she was a nice lady, though noting that Russians liked Putin.]

But the Russians had always leaned to autocracy since being invaded by the Mongols. The Cold War never really ended. So as far as the Trump-GOP is concerned, I just can't wrap my brain around it. Like George Kennan said, the problem wasn't that they were communists. The problem was . . . that they were Russians. But we were always sold the Communist Monster Plot story.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I was just watching the Trump surrogate Jack Kingston on MSNBC's AM Joy this morning. It's as though these people have a love affair with Putin and Russia because they're captivated by Trump -- who has a love affair with Putin . . . and Russia . .

I had high hopes for Russia when Yeltsin was president. I've read many Russian classics -- Dostoyevsky, Tolstoy, Solzenitzen, Pasternak, Chekov -- in translation. Used to collect 33rpms of Mussorgsky, Tchaikovsky, Borodin, Rachmaninoff. I had Russian students in the '90s. My barber/hairdresser/stylist was a Russian woman until just after Trump won the election. [Her salon was about 2 miles from March ARB, and she just "disappeared" after Trump won. Maybe she had a Minox camera -- I don't know. But she was a nice lady, though noting that Russians liked Putin.]

But the Russians had always leaned to autocracy since being invaded by the Mongols. The Cold War never really ended. So as far as the Trump-GOP is concerned, I just can't wrap my brain around it. Like George Kennan said, the problem wasn't that they were communists. The problem was . . . that they were Russians. But we were always sold the Communist Monster Plot story.
Dont mind me asking, what did you teach?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Dont mind me asking, what did you teach?
Database theory, DB programming, information systems. Majority of my students were Asian -- Hong Kong, Taiwan, the mainland. I had a few Russians, and students from the Middle East. One of them -- Yulia Valerievna -- eventually matriculated at the Wharton School. Of course, I'm skeptical about Ivy League brands. Not sure how she would've afforded it, although I think it's part of U of Penn -- a public school. Her parents were Russian aerospace employees.

Reactions: cytg111

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The part I find most amusing is that these are the personal responsibility proponents and they have none. Moral slime.