Lincoln Project ads (new ads today 8-28/30) Chyna, Doc and School

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
That actually says more about America than Donald. The vast majority of our politicians (people we elect and appoint to office) are bullshit artists. They cant make anything work except a campaign. We see what we wanna see and vote for people who make us feel good.
Most of us are morons so our leaders tend to be morons or really good con-artists.
Dude.
Have a Christmas carol

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
LP is at it again.

I saw one yesterday, I think on CNN, featuring Rick Scott opening the RNC with the usual standard "what Republicans stand for" lie. In side windows they show all of the horrible things going on in the capitol simultaneously.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
About time. Ad is pretty clear. Like the orange menace, MoscowMitch is using his political seat
for personal enrichment. When he came in 35 years ago, he had not much money. Now he's worth
34-35M, while the citizens of Kentucky wallow near the bottom in many economic categories.

Ah, isn't that why all politicians get into politics to enrich their own bank accounts?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Ah, isn't that why all politicians get into politics to enrich their own bank accounts?

Joe Biden is actually...really, really, really poor by any kind of political reference, lol.

Obama even offered to pay for Beau's treatments for him because he knew that was something Joe would actually have to "figure out." That isn't common, at all, with any typical politician at that level. It just isn't.

Strange to think about, but you have to look at how he hasn't actually made money like a lot of them have (Obama was really only independently wealthy because his 2x memoirs, published several years before and the year-of his election, I think, were best sellers before he ever gained any real power. Post-Presidency of course puts you in "foundation" territory, which is an entirely new level of course, but usually it's marriage-into-wealth for a lot of them (Kerry, McConnel), or the usual dirty political money-shaving and money laundering (Well, Mitch again, lol))

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Joe Biden is actually...really, really, really poor by any kind of political reference, lol.

Obama even offered to pay for Beau's treatments for him because he knew that was something Joe would actually have to "figure out." That isn't common, at all, with any typical politician at that level. It just isn't.

Strange to think about, but you have to look at how he hasn't actually made money like a lot of them have (Obama was really only independently wealthy because his 2x memoirs, published several years before and the year-of his election, I think, were best sellers before he ever gained any real power. Post-Presidency of course puts you in "foundation" territory, which is an entirely new level of course, but usually it's marriage-into-wealth for a lot of them (Kerry, McConnel), or the usual dirty political money-shaving and money laundering (Well, Mitch again, lol))

Thats interesting, I had no idea Biden was like that. I figured every politician I’ve ever read about were just wealthy by trade, not for the people and just concerned about there own interests.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Biden gained wealth in the aftermath of his vice presidency-

He also rode Amtrak to work & back virtually his whole career-

Grey_Beard

Golden Member
Sep 23, 2014
I'm afraid that ads like this one are falling upon deaf ears.

Not sure they are deaf, as they will continue to the drumbeat of adds like this that continue to punch the point home. There are almost 200 of these they can produce. The powder is far from empty.