Lincoln Project ads (new ads today 8-28/30) Chyna, Doc and School

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
McConnell/Graham see's Trump is starting to circle the drain and they need to create a third “legislative” branch out of the judicial system by November, in the event Democrat’s win the White House and possibly the Senate. The GOP knows that the only way to fight the same tactics they use are lawsuits.
This much is very unfortunately true. Even assuming a democratic trifecta (which is assuming a lot!) whatever legislation they pass has a very high chance of being invalidated by the courts no matter what it is.

This is one of those things where when people say our health care plan should simply be to drop the age requirement of Medicare because Medicare has already been upheld by the courts I think ‘are you 100% sure about that?’ Not saying it’s a bad idea but at this point right wing judicial activism is so severe that I’m not entirely certain that they wouldn’t strike down Medicare if given the chance.

Caminetto

Jul 29, 2001
Lincoln Project did a nice job with the ad, and they're going a good job with all of them. I don't understand allocating resources to this one, however, as the chance of ever getting Mitch out of office in KY is essentially zero.
As someone who has donated to The Lincoln Project I can relate that they asked previous donors who they wanted them to go after from a list of sleaze bags. Moscow Mitch won in a landslide.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
About time. Ad is pretty clear. Like the orange menace, MoscowMitch is using his political seat
for personal enrichment. When he came in 35 years ago, he had not much money. Now he's worth
34-35M, while the citizens of Kentucky wallow near the bottom in many economic categories.

So, Mitch has socked away $35,000,000 in 35 years in the Senate. Pretty cushy for him. A million bucks a year socked away.

Reactions: JEDIYoda
Feb 4, 2009
Is there hope he’d lose his seat? He has a negative approval rating apparently in all but one state. But would be sweeter punishment for him to retain his seat but sit under a super majority dem senate. Make him totally a lame duck is worse that him just simply losing his seat.

per what I have read over the last few months Moscow Mitch is up for his toughest reelection ever. Young Democrat who is a former service member is going to give him a tough time. Projections predict it will be close but slightly favored to Moscow Mitch.

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
I think that treason flag ad is a waste of money. There are too many mainstream southerners who see that as a sign of southern pride rather than the flag of a government that rebelled against the country. I imagine a lot of those people will be offended by the ad and will feel attacked. 60 seconds isn't long enough to clearly convey that the confederate flag is a symbol of division and only deplorables should be embracing it along with their swastikas. Its like those statues that were taken down.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I think that treason flag ad is a waste of money. There are too many mainstream southerners who see that as a sign of southern pride rather than the flag of a government that rebelled against the country. I imagine a lot of those people will be offended by the ad and will feel attacked. 60 seconds isn't long enough to clearly convey that the confederate flag is a symbol of division and only deplorables should be embracing it along with their swastikas. Its like those statues that were taken down.

good. Having grown up in that south, southerners don't fucking know what that flag means. We learned garbage in history class, and it really takes getting out of the south to learn real US history. I love the south, but there needs to be a reckoning of sorts with what they really think "southern pride" means.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
The Lincoln Project has a beauty today. Inspired me for a third donation.

Another very good ad.
Man, I think its great that these are created in almost real-time.
Yes, another donation from me as well.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
should have gone with "this draft-dodging coward," but otherwise good. ....though I think a lot of that imagery and message will be cheered by the Trumpists.

I think they will rub a few out to American citizens being gassed and brained in the streets.

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
should have gone with "this draft-dodging coward," but otherwise good. ....though I think a lot of that imagery and message will be cheered by the Trumpists.

I think they will rub a few out to American citizens being gassed and brained in the streets.
Cheer the lights off and down to the bunker?
Probably, the trumphumpers are cowards too.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
These guys are fucking killing it. What’s crazy is I’m actually seeing these ads embedded in my TV on a daily basis (I have YouTube TV in NC.) I used to only see pro-Trump PAC ads, and I barely see any actual Biden ads.

Feb 4, 2009
Above is EXACTLY about what I mean when I say “play to win” these guys go dirty fast and target stuff that will irritate the President especially if it sticks like draft dodging and hiding in a bunker.
Figure it takes a Republican group to make a playing to win ad.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

esquared

Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Above is EXACTLY about what I mean when I say “play to win” these guys go dirty fast and target stuff that will irritate the President especially if it sticks like draft dodging and hiding in a bunker.
Figure it takes a Republican group to make a playing to win ad.
There is another group similar to the Lincoln Project. RVAT
Republican Voters against Trump

They have two videos I think.

End Trump’s American Carnage

The Panic Room President

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018
per what I have read over the last few months Moscow Mitch is up for his toughest reelection ever. Young Democrat who is a former service member is going to give him a tough time. Projections predict it will be close but slightly favored to Moscow Mitch.
I live and work rural KY, I do not hear any positives about Mitch, I think and hope this is the year they retire him.
He has failed KY a multitude of times, Coal is the big one, farming is the other. I have not been able to figure out how he has kept winning elections, I've been here since 2007.

I think is contempt that has been on blatant display recently may actually be cause for his loss. One can hope.

Unless the largest problem is the straight R ticket voters. Because they are lazy to go down the list and choose names.
The Fox propaganda machine is large here tho. Also RW radio. only left radio you can get is through siriusxm.

I do not trust the voting machines here though. I have witnessed the voting officials actually press the buttons for people.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Considering for the last 2 days I've seen a Trump ad pounding Biden on his China policy. What's Trump's China policy other than begging in private for favors, and then publicly insulting them at any politically advantageous situation.

He has been doing exactly what his attack ads on Biden are accusing Biden of doing. Everything that has Trump branding on it is made in China.