Lincoln County GA looks to eliminate all polling places but one

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Republican voter suppression continues. Let's just eliminate polling places in rural poorer parts of the state that have no public transportation. We've that same GOP playbook because they know the more people who vote the worse it is for them. Suppression 101. Remember those voting law changes passed by GA who some claimed were no big deal?

Forget the Democracy. Let's just go back to talking about shoplifters.

Lincoln County attempts to eliminate six of seven polling places (augustachronicle.com)

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Relocating voters from the county’s seven precincts to a single location will make voting “easier and more accessible” and eliminate the need to transport voting equipment and staff the remaining sites, according to a news release.

i really don't understand how people can say this bullshit and hold a straight face. the level of dishonesty is...astounding, to say the least.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Republican voter suppression continues. Let's just eliminate polling places in rural poorer parts of the state that have no public transportation. We've that same GOP playbook because they know the more people who vote the worse it is for them. Suppression 101. Remember those voting law changes passed by GA who some claimed were no big deal?

Lincoln County attempts to eliminate six of seven polling places (augustachronicle.com)

You've got to understand, it goes waaaaay deeper in suppression than just lack of transport.....for instance, ever consider what the boss says to the black dude who wants off half a day to go vote? Leave and you're fired is a common theme.

The white guy? Don't worry...we'll cover for you. Take all the time you need.

Reactions: dank69

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
I live in Georgia. When this law change came about I read the entire thing and reported to my friends my layman's analysis of it. It was VERY bad then. After reading more I realized I missed things. This law is not Jim Crow part 2, it's far more insidious than that. Republicans will literally now just throw out election outcomes they don't like. They literally now passed laws to let them ignore democracy. I now live in a fascist state.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I'm sick of them getting away with pulling this crap.
Sure, it's fine to get mad and outraged, but our outrage was not intended as the final solution.
I thought we had laws and a constitution and protections in place to stop the evil doers from running amuck ??????????
I feel like we're in a department store, people are looting like no ones business, cops are no where to be found, and the clerks are in the back playing on their cell phones.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
As was previously mentioned, the Repubs are operating a slo-mo coup of our gov't in DC. We all know what their plan is as they've been at it since Trump laid the groundwork for it from the day he took office, indicating that he and the folks who belong to that Putin aided kompromat party of theirs claimed victimhood for every failure Trump committed and laid at their feet. This fallacy gave them a contrived reason to instigate their acts of treason against the gov't, all while they legislated and executed laws and policies that suppressed and disenfranchised those of whom didn't see things their way, effectively muting their voices by stripping away their right to vote.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm sick of them getting away with pulling this crap.
Sure, it's fine to get mad and outraged, but our outrage was not intended as the final solution.
I thought we had laws and a constitution and protections in place to stop the evil doers from running amuck ??????????
I feel like we're in a department store, people are looting like no ones business, cops are no where to be found, and the clerks are in the back playing on their cell phones.
The Republican Party are a hopeless bunch of racist deplorables. The people to really get mad at are Sinema and Manchin. Those 2 punchbowl turds are sitting by and watching the slow boil of Democracy. They changed the fucking Senate rules to lift debt ceiling but voting rights, they don't seem to give a shit.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Consolidating the voting cites saves the county money……

They should just close that last site to save even more money.

And when the racist electoral college installs the next republican president, he can just eliminate all elections and install governors-general for all the states. How efficient! So much money saved!

There's definitely a power point floating around somewhere with a plan like this.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Just looked at Wikipedia and it said it is 68% red. And 31% blue

seems like they are just shooting themselves in the face.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Just looked at Wikipedia and it said it is 68% red. And 31% blue

seems like they are just shooting themselves in the face.
Not necessarily. Suppose the 68% live near that lone polling place. Now the opposition has an even lower chance of influencing elections whether at the local, state, or federal level

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
They should just close that last site to save even more money.

And when the racist electoral college installs the next republican president, he can just eliminate all elections and install governors-general for all the states. How efficient! So much money saved!

There's definitely a power point floating around somewhere with a plan like this.
Hey you have to fund the secret police somehow.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I live in Georgia. When this law change came about I read the entire thing and reported to my friends my layman's analysis of it. It was VERY bad then. After reading more I realized I missed things. This law is not Jim Crow part 2, it's far more insidious than that. Republicans will literally now just throw out election outcomes they don't like. They literally now passed laws to let them ignore democracy. I now live in a fascist state.

Friend of mine was going to Savannah for New Years with a few friends renting an AirBnB but just cancelled it as they think a lot of restaurants and stuff down there will be closed due to Covid, so they don't want to just be stuck in the house. When she was looking at stuff to do on New Years Eve, she saw they had Plantation Parties. Holy fucking terrible batman. But what do we expect from an area with so many regressive areas that think the Confederate flag is a dandy symbol.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Friend of mine was going to Savannah for New Years with a few friends renting an AirBnB but just cancelled it as they think a lot of restaurants and stuff down there will be closed due to Covid, so they don't want to just be stuck in the house. When she was looking at stuff to do on New Years Eve, she saw they had Plantation Parties. Holy fucking terrible batman. But what do we expect from an area with so many regressive areas that think the Confederate flag is a dandy symbol.
If they can't find black people to be slaves will they just go with blackface?? Can't wait for the social media posts

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Minorities really need to prove their strength of character to vote. This is a test.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Population < 8,000, and declining. In 2000 population 8348, 2020 population 7690, 67% white.

No interstate highway
Only one Federal Highway
Not even a Wal-Wart in the county.