Limbo PC Released

eadInc

Mar 31, 2009
http://store.steampowered.com/app/48000?l=english
Looking forward to playing it.

When its $5.

Exact same thought crossed my mind. I did go ahead and throw out the $10, though. I've been waiting for this game since it hit XBLA, which admittedly wasn't that long ago. But small games like this, Super Meat Boy and Bastion (when that debuts on Steam) I gobble up immediately with or without a sale.

Still I have no doubt by Black Friday or maybe even as late as some Winter Sale, this game will go on 50% if not 75% sale.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
I thought the game was ok on Xbox. Didn't understand all of the accolades it got frankly, but it was fun at least.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Heard it was good. Better than the $15 it's been on Live, but I'll still wait for a sale. I guess it's quite short so I want some bang for the buck here.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I think the artwork and the ambiance is awesome in it... play it in a dark room.

Replay value is low though so $5 is a better deal

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
I think Indie developers should be rewarded for their work by paying full price ($10) rather than cheaping out on them with "I'm waiting for $5 bargain bin".

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I think Indie developers should be rewarded for their work by paying full price ($10) rather than cheaping out on them with "I'm waiting for $5 bargain bin".

If the game was longer or the greatest thing everybody has ever played then it might be worth it, but it's not long enough and has no replayability. Why should I pay double what I feel is worth it just because it's an indie game?

I'm getting sick of this mindset of "indie devs deserve more money simply because they're indie devs and they need support". No, they get my money when their game is worth it. You know what I bought at full price? Super Meat Boy. DeathSpank. THOSE are worth the price of admission. Limbo isn't because of its length (for me). It's too short and I'll only play it once if that. It's hard for me to drop $10 on Limbo when not too long ago I dropped about the same $ for Borderlands + all expansions. Price vs. enjoyment ratio is huge to me.

Rakewell

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2005
If the game was longer or the greatest thing everybody has ever played then it might be worth it, but it's not long enough and has no replayability. Why should I pay double what I feel is worth it just because it's an indie game?

I'm getting sick of this mindset of "indie devs deserve more money simply because they're indie devs and they need support". No, they get my money when their game is worth it. You know what I bought at full price? Super Meat Boy. DeathSpank. THOSE are worth the price of admission. Limbo isn't because of its length (for me). It's too short and I'll only play it once if that. It's hard for me to drop $10 on Limbo when not too long ago I dropped about the same $ for Borderlands + all expansions. Price vs. enjoyment ratio is huge to me.

Listen to you go off on this game! You haven't even played it.

TakeNoPrisoners

Platinum Member
Jun 3, 2011
Wasn't it already on PC? I seem to remember playing a game very similar to it for free awhile back.

JoshGuru7

Golden Member
Aug 18, 2001
I played it on the PS3 and liked it, it took me about 3 hours to finish. It's hard to compare it against other games when it comes to value, because it competes on artistic value rather than just hour of entertainment per dollar. Hour per dollar is a tough metric anyway, since MMO players who play 20 hours per week pay about 18 cents per hour for their gaming dollar. Obviously that doesn't mean Limbo should have been priced at 50 cents.

I'd rather compare it to something else I can do with $10, such as see a movie. Playing Limbo was better use of $10 than many of the movies I have been to this year.

mcgetting

Aug 7, 2011
I'd rather compare it to something else I can do with $10, such as see a movie. Playing Limbo was better use of $10 than many of the movies I have been to this year.

Totally agree. I loved Limbo, and while I don't prescribe to the "indies need my money just 'cause they're indie" thing, I do believe in using my money to support art and entertainment I think is valuable.

The aesthetic is grimly beautiful, the sound design's unnerving, and some of the puzzles are really ingenious. I'll give that my money.

BD231

Lifer
Feb 26, 2001
This game should definitely be on android phones, people would love it.

datalink7

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
Well, that was a lot shorter than expected. Steam said I did it in 2 hours. I didn't do it in one session. Probably five or so.

Pretty cool. Loved the art direction. However, I was expecting closer to 5-6 hours.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
I am looking forward to picking this up. I will probably wait for the sale though. Even at $10 I don't see it as a bargain when there's only 3 hours worth of content; no matter how good that content may be.