Limbaugh: Women who receive contraceptives should have to post sex vids online

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Women can farm males for as long they want. Keep in mind.. a female has the same chance of conceiving a male vs a female.

Or they can clone as many sperms(with slight mutations to maintain diversity) they like.

So your point is that women could treat males like they do on an episode of Star Trek? I guess I am having trouble understanding why anyone would want to debate such a thing in the first place. If males farmed females (and thus treated them as inferiors) then yeah, maybe.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
No, no you didn't. A YouTube video of a Survivor episode supports absolutely nothing. You're belief that it does is not helping your case at all.

Keep telling that to yourself. It shows a group of men were able to accomplish a basic task, while the group of women failed to do so and then tried to help themselves from the men's group. You're either blind or in complete denial.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
uh, social Darwinism is completely debunked. trying to apply natural selection to economic or human social endeavors is not only incorrect, but essentially meaningless.

I know, you come from a world where you aren't aware of these things--I'm just trying to help you.

the last term is correct-it's because common usage has distorted the meaning of fitness, simply because of the confusion with "survival of."

Fitness is used constantly.

That doesn't change the fact the the term "survival of the fittest" was not coined by Darwin, and was not coined to represent natural selection. It's not my problem if you're incapable of understanding that simple concept.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Did you read that thread at all? The bill actually is trying to make abortion illegal.

which ends up treating women as cattle--more dumpster babies, and dead women from street-side coathanger abortions.

But no, certainly don't learn from history or anything. It's not like we already know what the world is like when abortions are illegal. No, we certainly should assume that making it illegal will actually decrease abortions, even though we know from history that it is patently false.

No way man, the ends always justify the means....despite the ends not changing, while the means become far more dastardly. As long as my false moral convictions are lightly satisfied, remaining ignorant of reality is perfectly acceptable.

* Conservative thought, 101.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That doesn't change the fact the the term "survival of the fittest" was not coined by Darwin, and was not coined to represent natural selection. It's not my problem if you're incapable of understanding that simple concept.

Oh, so you're ignoring my point by creating a semantic battle that I am already well versed in?

what exactly are you getting at, here? Nevermind that I work in an evolutionary genetics lab or anything, but feel free to continue with this debate you are having with yourself.

If it satisfies you so.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
Oh, so you're ignoring my point by creating a semantic battle that I am already well versed in?

what exactly are you getting at, here? Nevermind that I work in an evolutionary genetics lab or anything, but feel free to continue with this debate you are having with yourself.

If it satisfies you so.

I'm not the one insisting on applying one term to mean another. Apparently you're not as well-versed as you think.

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
Where's the video showing how these women go on the hunt just as the men do?

-Go to youtube.com
-In the search bar, type in "Women hunting"
-Smack yourself in the face for being unable to answer a stupid question.

Dude, just stop.

Maintain what little dignity and self respect you have left and just back out.

Don't get me wrong, it's entertaining. But you can only watch a guy get knocked on his ass so many times before it becomes sad.

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
-Go to youtube.com
-In the search bar, type in "Women hunting"
-Smack yourself in the face for being unable to answer a stupid question.

Dude, just stop.

Maintain what little dignity and self respect you have left and just back out.

Don't get me wrong, it's entertaining. But you can only watch a guy get knocked on his ass so many times before it becomes sad.

Oh snap, you caught me! Now google search "women bitching and whining about the patriarchy," "women demanding government pay for their contraceptives," "women complaining men don't want marriage," and "women demanding gender-equality hiring quotas." Please continue embarrassing yourself.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Women were always treated as inferiors..even to this day only a few % of women on this planet have the same rights/freedoms as men.

See, I don't get this point. How do conditions outside this country show anything except how great America is? Like I said earlier today, it's not that women couldn't (as they are able to and have shown the ability in this great country of ours), it's that many of them have the option but chose not to take on the same roles as males.

Feb 6, 2007
The level of misogyny on display from some posters has gone from mildly amusing to downright infuriating very quickly. No amount of logical argumentation is ever going to combat weapons-grade stupidity, which makes having a discussion kind of pointless.

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
Oh snap, you caught me! Now google search "women bitching and whining about the patriarchy," "women demanding government pay for their contraceptives," "women complaining men don't want marriage," and "women demanding gender-equality hiring quotas." Please continue embarrassing yourself.

Tell me how I'm embarrassing myself by pointing out how ignorant you're being?

-You post a YouTube link of a Survivor episode as *proof* that women aren't as good as men...at making fire, I presume.
-Myself (and others) point out that YouTube and Survivor videos prove nothing.
-You persist.
-I post a YouTube link of women making fire.
-You then ask for YouTube videos of women hunting, like the men do.
-I provide you a way to do that, (Fish for a man vs. teaching a man to fish and all that...) *and* an out, to save yourself further ridicule.

Now you're just rambling, and I think I can spot drool. So are women equal or not? Or are they *too* equal?

Does your "manhood" feel threatened?

Munky

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2005
Tell me how I'm embarrassing myself by pointing out how ignorant you're being?

-You post a YouTube link of a Survivor episode as *proof* that women aren't as good as men...at making fire, I presume.
-Myself (and others) point out that YouTube and Survivor videos prove nothing.
-You persist.
-I post a YouTube link of women making fire.
-You then ask for YouTube videos of women hunting, like the men do.
-I provide you a way to do that, (Fish for a man vs. teaching a man to fish and all that...) *and* an out, to save yourself further ridicule.

Now you're just rambling, and I think I can spot drool. So are women equal or not? Or are they *too* equal?

Does your "manhood" feel threatened?

You're too easy.
1. You deny that a video showing gender differences within the same demographic group presents anything valid.
2. You post a video of a completely different demographic group as *proof* that western women can do anything men can
3. I post how ridiculous your comparison is
4. You completely missed the point that flew over your head, and do a celebration dance of how you were right all along.

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
You're too easy.
1. You deny that a video showing gender differences within the same demographic group presents anything valid.
2. You post a video of a completely different demographic group as *proof* that western women can do anything men can
3. I post how ridiculous your comparison is
4. You completely missed the point that flew over your head, and do a celebration dance of how you were right all along.

I am actually surprised that you are able to operate a computer.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It amazes me how, rather than defend one's philosophical background against charges of rampant, unabashed misogyny, some have taken the opportunity to instead try and argue that women are actually inferior.

Again: how fucking precious.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
The level of misogyny on display from some posters has gone from mildly amusing to downright infuriating very quickly. No amount of logical argumentation is ever going to combat weapons-grade stupidity, which makes having a discussion kind of pointless.

:awe:

busydude

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2010
How do conditions outside this country show anything except how great America is? Like I said earlier today, it's not that women couldn't (as they are able to and have shown the ability in this great country of ours), it's that many of them have the option but chose not to take on the same roles as males.

Show me this world where women actually had the freedom to do anything they like? You have to keep in mind that women actually had any say whatsoever.. during 2nd half of the 20th Century.. which is a little more than 2 generations ago, fucking pathetic IMO.

Also, when compared with the rest of developing world, America is not so great when it come to treating them equally as well.

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Show me this world where women actually had the freedom to do anything they like? You have to keep in mind that women actually had any say whatsoever.. during 2nd half of the 20th Century.. which is a little more than 2 generations ago, fucking pathetic IMO.

Also, when compared with the rest of developing world, America is not so great when it come to treating them equally as well.

Busydude, we all answer to someone, this applies to President Obama (the American people) and Limbaugh (his listeners.)

Can you be a little more specific? Where in our generation has a woman wanted to do something and not been able to because she was female?