Like Flies to Feces

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
The problem is that all of these old farts like the so-called "biker gangs" can't produce enough testosterone from their sagging balls so they go to their old-fart, white, male doctor who is all too happy to write them a script for testosterone replacement drug.

Now, for the first time in their lives, they think that they actually have some . . ahem . . "balls" and feel empowered to act on the smoldering anger they've felt since middle school from getting passed by people with actual balls.

These people are all pussies who, for the first time in their lives, feel like they can finally stand up on their hinds legs and get pissed when still, no takes them seriously.

Haha good thing the internet exists or you'd have to say the above to a guy who looks like the below.
Guy looks like he'd serve a serious beating to most & all the others can get a knife.

I2IVMfH.jpg

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
Haha good thing the internet exists or you'd have to say the above to a guy who looks like the below.
Guy looks like he'd serve a serious beating to most & all the others can get a knife.
That's what I mean by posers. It's amazing the shit some men will do to try to appear bad ass. And it does work on most folks. I guess if it's really that important to you, hey, go for it.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Well, there's an easy test. Do you wear colors or "club" patches? If so - poser.

You're an idiot, there is no other explanation.
A biker is simply someone that rides a motorcycle. Where on earth did you come up with the idea that you have to be a member of a club to be a biker? What you're describing is a child's fantasy. Do you know what the largest motorcycle club in the US is? How about the second largest? Do you know what the requirements are for admission? Maybe you should look into that a little before displaying your ignorance.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
You're an idiot, there is no other explanation.
A biker is simply someone that rides a motorcycle. Where on earth did you come up with the idea that you have to be a member of a club to be a biker? What you're describing is a child's fantasy. Do you know what the largest motorcycle club in the US is? How about the second largest? Do you know what the requirements are for admission? Maybe you should look into that a little before displaying your ignorance.
You missed the point. What I said was that people riding with club ensignia or other markers, similar to the well know outlaw biker gangs, is a poser. If you don't understand what that means, it means that they are trying to create the impression that they are a gang too.

As far as largest biker groups go, I'd imagine you're talking about the one cops belong to. So what? Cops are another sort of gang, aren't they? That's one of the main reasons people join the police. Because they want that sort of connection and camaraderie with other people.

The fact that many of these groups also are involved in raising money for charities and doing other things we might admire, doesn't change the fact that they're capitalizing on the reputations of the outlaw gangs.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
You missed the point. What I said was that people riding with club ensignia or other markers, similar to the well know outlaw biker gangs, is a poser. If you don't understand what that means, it means that they are trying to create the impression that they are a gang too.

As far as largest biker groups go, I'd imagine you're talking about the one cops belong to. So what? Cops are another sort of gang, aren't they? That's one of the main reasons people join the police. Because they want that sort of connection and camaraderie with other people.

The fact that many of these groups also are involved in raising money for charities and doing other things we might admire, doesn't change the fact that they're capitalizing on the reputations of the outlaw gangs.

This is my goal when I dress like a banker. I wear at other times various masks that people project on me. I have caused several liberals to crap their pants by wearing my Vote for Trump button. Of course my eyes also glow red.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

HOG is the largest biker group in the US, about a million members. The Vietnam Vets might have been larger, but most of them are busy with old age now. There are dozens of Christian motorcycle clubs as well. None of them are trying to present themselves as outlaw gangs. Yes, a bunch of them dress up in leather and have patches, but that sure as hell isn't trying to pretend they're outlaws, it's fashion.
I know lots of those folks, none of them try to come across as a badass, they don't want to intimidate anyone, and they couldn't care less about street cred. They simply enjoy riding, eating, and drinking together.

I don't know anything about the outlaw gangs, (though I was friends with one of Sunny Bargers cohorts) they aren't anything I want to be involved with, and they are by far the minority of bikers.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
This is my goal when I dress like a banker. I wear at other times various masks that people project on me. I have caused several liberals to crap their pants by wearing my Vote for Trump button. Of course my eyes also glow red.

I always enjoy not fitting in my assigned pigeon hole.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
HOG is the largest biker group in the US, about a million members. The Vietnam Vets might have been larger, but most of them are busy with old age now. There are dozens of Christian motorcycle clubs as well. None of them are trying to present themselves as outlaw gangs. Yes, a bunch of them dress up in leather and have patches, but that sure as hell isn't trying to pretend they're outlaws, it's fashion.
I know lots of those folks, none of them try to come across as a badass, they don't want to intimidate anyone, and they couldn't care less about street cred. They simply enjoy riding, eating, and drinking together.

I don't know anything about the outlaw gangs, (though I was friends with one of Sunny Bargers cohorts) they aren't anything I want to be involved with, and they are by far the minority of bikers.
I'm sure they're the minority. At least I hope so. And I should try not to talk in absolutes. I'm sure not every member of every group is primarily concerned with appearance. But I think in most cases it's a consideration at the very least.

You have to understand that the vast majority of folks out there don't know the difference between an outlaw club and a legit club. I certainly don't unless I take the time to try to look at and identify the patches. And I think many if not most of the people involved in these sorts of groups realize that and enjoy feeling like they're the rebels.

But to get back to the original topic, the outlaw gangs aren't interested in politics. They're primary goal is the same as any criminal organization, to make a lot of money w/o doing much if anything. Traditionally, biker clubs have been involved in meth distribution but I don't know how true that is anymore. I suspect that the use of RICO laws over a couple of decades has probably cramped their style to a great extent. You can't be that easily identifiable and get away with shit forever unless you're operating from a safe zone.

But the idea that any of the legit clubs' members would be much of a threat is just laughable. The first time they kill someone at a rally or protest, the govt would be so far up their ass they'd have to get permission to swallow.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
We have a lot of bikers pass through my area to enjoy scenic drives through the mountains. When I see a I guy on a Harley wearing about $2,500 worth of leather Harley gear I think "doctor, dentist or lawyer".

The bankers I know are big on NASCAR.

Otherwise this area is well known as a hideout for serious criminal biker types. They don't ride bikes. They basically stay in the mountain retreat. They're sent up to let things cool down back at home.

Fern

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

I2IVMfH.jpg

Yeah that fanny pack is pretty intimidating, not that overweight old guys aren't already mind you.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
We have a lot of bikers pass through my area to enjoy scenic drives through the mountains. When I see a I guy on a Harley wearing about $2,500 worth of leather Harley gear I think "doctor, dentist or lawyer".

The bankers I know are big on NASCAR.

Otherwise this area is well known as a hideout for serious criminal biker types. They don't ride bikes. They basically stay in the mountain retreat. They're sent up to let things cool down back at home.

Fern

/this

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Then let me introduce you to one, so you can no longer feign ignorance:

I dunno, what bank do you think he works for? Wachovia? :rolleyes:
I'm guessing something on Wall Street. I recognize that attitude.

Motorcycle enthusiasts are a diverse group & come from all walks of life, 'tis true. Which among them can we expect to show up ready to rumble for Donald?
Haven't a clue, but assuming they care about politics, I am assuming mostly the responsible type.

You have to be alchemist.

I ride with a few of the posers you speak of. None of them are criminals, which is apparently what you equate to being a "real" biker. What they are is a couple contractors, a real estate agent or two, a banker, a fireman and a retired mechanic. Successful people with wives and children, most of us with grand children. We're not out to try and intimidate anyone, we're polite and well mannered. We tend to over tip. We ride because we enjoy it, and meet a whole bunch of others who do the same.
I recommend that in the future you pontificate on subjects that you know something about.
Well said.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
lol +1

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

They are a sneaky crowd.

20090926quarterlifecrisis1.gif

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
/internet

Not my fault you're easily intimidated, or did I offend another fanny pack aficionado? :biggrin:

I know an accountant and a real estate mogul who both look meaner when they go play dress up.

Save your trepidation for the ones who carry hammers. That's a better gauge of who not to mess with.

Feb 4, 2009
Not my fault you're easily intimidated, or did I offend another fanny pack aficionado? :biggrin:

I know an accountant and a real estate mogul who both look meaner when they go play dress up.

Save your trepidation for the ones who carry hammers. That's a better gauge of who not to mess with.

Same challenge to you go up to a stranger that looks similar and tell him your thoughts about his dress up time.
Internet tough guy is too easy of a position to have.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Trump, the serial bankruptcy pleader and reality TV celebrity turned Presidential aspirant, has been playing with fire by appealing to and even encouraging the worst impulses of certain segments of the dimwitted and disenfranchised.

He's either a shallow dilettante in over his head or a narcissistcally cynical demagogue who just doesn't care.

But watch out, because the chickens are coming home to roost. D:

48653362.cached.jpg

Worked out well for the Rolling Stones at the Altamont music festival.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-altamont-festival-brings-the-1960s-to-a-violent-end

Last edited: