Life is Feudal

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
Looks like another overly-ambitious Early Access game that will likely never go anywhere.

I'm pretty jaded about early access stuff anymore.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
Looks like another overly-ambitious Early Access game that will likely never go anywhere.

same. I'm OK with beta access, but this pay full $ for alpha stuff is getting out of hand. It's destroying what could be excellent games.

JumBie

Golden Member
May 2, 2011

Early access is the devil. It has turned game developers into money hungry savages who take more than they give. This idea of pay before you get it stupid. I would never pay someone 20k upfront to redo my kitchen, I'd give it to them in installments. Game developers want you to dish out $40 for something that is not complete, or that will end up being a piece of trash compared to what the blueprint outlined.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Early Access, no thanks.

I hate seeing something that looks interesting on Steam's Featured Page and I click it and find out it's Early Access. Total buzzkill.

Early Access games need to be restricted to their own section, where people who enjoy that stuff can go there and see it, don't like having it mixed in with actual completed games.

ThinClient

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2013
I was watching a friend of mine play this the other day on Twitch.

He goes "I ... I hear ... CHEWING? ... what?! Where is it? What is that? I think it's over here... What is it? It's... is that a ... AHH IT'S A WOLF. IT'S AFTER ME. RUN AWAY!! IT'S A WOLF CHEWING! SH--! IT'S A WOLF! AAAAAHHHHH"

loooool

It knocked him out but didn't kill him. He got back up and it attacked again, knocking him out again. The 3rd time it knocked him out, the wolf curled up and went to sleep right at his feet. When he got back up, he attacked it with his primitive axe and it knocked him out again. He got back up and attacked it with a sling... and it knocked him out again and then started chewing on his leg while he was unconscious.

It was really funny to watch and listen to him yell. :D

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
That is just wrong. So wrong. And funny.

Love it when game devs have a sense of humor! Makes for a much better gaming experience.

FuzzyDunlop

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2008
watched the video and was ready to click PURCHASE then I saw it was Alpha.

Nope.

lol-nope-1_zpsef54caff.jpg

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I'll give you early access to that car over there, but there's no wheels, no engine and no paint job on it. It has the frame though, can you give me more money please, so I can design and manufacture all the doors for a real start? The thing is I have that nice idea in my head but I don't have enough money.

I really have a hard time with "early access" and Pre-Alpha impressions (seriously what sort of ideas can anyone sane of mind can build from a game that's been coded for maybe 2 or 3 months if you're lucky?). Additionally I have lack of trust with almost anything of that nature. What if it fails and never even reaches "Beta" at all? There's been decent, and even good exceptions here and there but generally-speaking it's a question of trust and risks. I guess that we do need some gamers (consumers) out there with enough money to spare on things like that to help the independant studios complete their "cool idea that costs too much money otherwise".

But I won't be part of that club. I'll be part of the "wait until the 'final' version, then wait a couple of extra weeks or possibly months after the release when patch #17 has been released and most communities have expressed their honest opinions, and uploaded their personal video review-without-too-many-spoilers before making my decision and actually buy the game" club instead (I'm saying this because, since a few years now it IS also a risk to buy a 'final' version of a game on the actual release date, day-one purchase does not guarantee that the game you buy is actually "out of Beta" anymore, those years of gaming are gone).

Last edited:

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
With Steams new layout, you can remove Early Access from your view unless you search for it. I plan on doing it.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
https://play.lifeisfeudal.com/

They've released the mmo for this, massive map, massive bugs....if you already had a copy of Life is Feudal you should have a free ticket to the mainland (Free account). Survival mmorpg, terraforming, full loot, player created towns/keeps.

It's very buggy at the moment

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I was wondering why a three year old thread was necro'd but it seems it was necro'd with good intent.

That being said, I played the other Life is Feudal games and they were never anything more than a buggy mess. If they are trying to get an MMO going around those games, they should have fixed the preceding ones first. I can't imagine they are going to keep a decent player-base.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
It reminds me of Darkfall, everytime you cross a server line the game will crash

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
watched Ser Winter playing this. Seems incredibly grindy and boring. definitely not a game to play solo.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
You can't accomplish much in the game solo, it's meant for guilds. All the different regions are rich in a resource and must trade with or war against other regions for their resources. When you die you lose everything that you had on you plus you suffer some skill loss. The amount of terraforming available in the game is quite decent.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
B2fujRar.jpg

I thought this was an interesting castle one guild built....be a pain in the ass to attack that.