Life in Honolulu *SEXY*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
Originally posted by: rawoutput
You're awfully hostile. Hope they have counselors in that school.

I'm not hostile at all, I just don't have patience for people who flail for attention in threads I start. I merely suggested that he find a thread where people who are interested in his opinion would appreciate his input.

So, what makes you think your threads are special? This is OT and everybody can post what they want where they want. Get a life.

rawoutput

Banned
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Darein
I will probably be moving to Oahu to go to UH next year, UW is just too hard to get into EE. :( The education might not be the best, but life there is pretty good. The active volcano is on the big island, where I live. So going to Honolulu will be the big city for me, well a little smaller than Seattle is currently. I'm looking forward to it, get an apartment and a car, go to the beach a lot. Heh. :)

Yeah man, you said it. My ROTC scholarship should pay for tuition and a dorm room and meal plan will cover most of my expenses. Anything else I can just shop at the Navy Base and get everything pretty cheaply. What else is there to pay for? Shouldn't be too bad living.

SlowSS

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2002
Good. Ability to get along with others are definitely a good trait and should help you in Hawaii.
Good luck and enjoy the island.:)

rawoutput

Banned
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: HappyPuppy

I'm not hostile at all, I just don't have patience for people who flail for attention in threads I start. I merely suggested that he find a thread where people who are interested in his opinion would appreciate his input.

So, what makes you think your threads are special? This is OT and everybody can post what they want where they want. Get a life.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread about living in Hawaii. I'm sure everyone here is smarter for having heard your awe-inspiring revelation that this is a public forum.

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: slikmunks
but will he be sacraficed by a hot hawaiian woman wearing a grass skirt and coconuts......?

Hot hawiian women? Maybe at about 17 they are hot. The older they get the more you are reminded how beautiful the girls are back in CONUS.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999

Seems sorta hypocritical seeing you flail for attention with the *SEXY*title and then get all sh!tty with people having fun in your thread. ...and yes you were hostile with the name calling.

AUMM

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: flavio

Seems sorta hypocritical seeing you flail for attention with the *SEXY*title and then get all sh!tty with people having fun in your thread. ...and yes you were hostile with the name calling.

rolleye.gif
u guys are all morons

Darein

Platinum Member
Nov 14, 2000
Originally posted by: MadRat
but will he be sacraficed by a hot hawaiian woman wearing a grass skirt and coconuts......?

Hot hawiian women? Maybe at about 17 they are hot. The older they get the more you are reminded how beautiful the girls are back in CONUS.

Most of the half naked women I see on the beach are hot in Hawaii...

amnesiac

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Because they're *tourists* :)
The native women can be hot but deteriorate rapidly.
You want lasting beauty, find an Italian or Spanish woman. :D

And rawoutput, I'd recommend talking to other people from the mainland who go to school in hawaii, rather than locals. I've known some people who thought it would be *so cool* to live and study in HI but ended up getting massive bouts of island fever and went home. However, another one of my friends is going there for marine biology and LOVES it. It all depends on what you enjoy. If you could waste weeks on an island without a problem, then maybe it might work for you.

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Colt45
*aims a fart in general direction of thread starter

Well my thread met its retard quota, hopefully that'll be the end of the nerd answers.

Scarpozzi: What are the obvious reasons? I'm still researching the school.

As for living conditions, like I said, I'll have room and board and a meal plan. Any other expenses would be for entertainment mostly.

Rainsford: I know that hawaii schools dont have the best records, but this school is supposed to be pretty challenging. I'm going into the Air Force anyway when I graduate so my career plans are pretty set.

why dont you go into the air force academy then? its free!

rawoutput

Banned
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Ameesh

Well my thread met its retard quota, hopefully that'll be the end of the nerd answers.

Scarpozzi: What are the obvious reasons? I'm still researching the school.

As for living conditions, like I said, I'll have room and board and a meal plan. Any other expenses would be for entertainment mostly.

Rainsford: I know that hawaii schools dont have the best records, but this school is supposed to be pretty challenging. I'm going into the Air Force anyway when I graduate so my career plans are pretty set.

why dont you go into the air force academy then? its free!

How is that relevant?

Amnesiac: Thanks for the input. I'll probably go visit the island before I make a final decision. To be honest Hawaii is probably better than the hick town that I grew up in, so I'll be happy with the place if theres no more damn snow, so hopefully hell doesnt freeze over in that regard.

Xionide

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2002
Originally posted by: Broohaha

lol! two starts for originality =)

atot never ceases to crack me up

its called monty python and the holygrail

Aceshigh

Platinum Member
Aug 22, 2002
God I would love to move there. It sounds like a great place to live. Best of luck to you if you decide to do it.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: amnesiac 2.0

Because they're *tourists* :)
The native women can be hot but deteriorate rapidly.
You want lasting beauty, find an Italian or Spanish woman. :D

And rawoutput, I'd recommend talking to other people from the mainland who go to school in hawaii, rather than locals. I've known some people who thought it would be *so cool* to live and study in HI but ended up getting massive bouts of island fever and went home. However, another one of my friends is going there for marine biology and LOVES it. It all depends on what you enjoy. If you could waste weeks on an island without a problem, then maybe it might work for you.

You mean you are attracted to the idea of an extremely hot Italian or Spanish 300+ lbs granny instead?

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: voodoo33500
Originally posted by: Broohaha

lol! two starts for originality =)

atot never ceases to crack me up

its called monty python and the holygrail

Do you think he meant "stars"? Two "starts" makes me wonder.

Zugzwang152

Lifer
Oct 30, 2001
Hello all,

I'm considering going to college in Honolulu next fall (Chaminade University). Being a country boy from New York, I was just wondering if anyone here is living there or could share their experiences. I'll have my room through the school, and a meal plan so I don't expect expenses to be too crazy. How practical is a motorcycle over there? I have a car now, but i'd like to sell it before i go to Hawaii to make the move easier and just buy something over there.
Any opinions are welcome. I put sexy in there so would click on it. Yeah you. Pervert.

hawaii rules :)

I would consider getting a car though. You will cherish the air conditioning. Also, the freeways get really clogged, so you're not exactly going to be speeding along, might as well enjoy the traffic in an air conditioned car...i will be going back home there for college as well next year...PM me for any help with the city or area :)

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
Well, I sent you a PM...I am a non-local and I am going to college at UH of Manoa...if you have any questions, just PM me back :)