Lieberman Choice for President Dangerous?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pers
Originally posted by: etech
Originally posted by: woodie1
I guess you can put me down as a racist.

With the problems in the middle east I don't see any need to fan the flames by putting a Jew in the White House. If he was vp right now do you think we would have near the support we currently have over there.

I almost wish Lieberman would become president just so all of the neo-Nazi, skinheads and a few radical fundamentalist Al-Queda members would choke on their own bile.

That's the only reason. I don't agree with his politics and would not vote for him but the religion(or lack of) of a person is not the reason I would or would not vote for them.

oh and i'm sure if an arab were considering running for president...you'd be just as eager for him to get elected
rolleye.gif

If he was a good conservative and matched my political views then I would have no problem voting for an American of Arab descent. I really try not to pay any attention to what part of the world someone's ancestors came from. If they were born in America to American parents than they are American.

I qulify that only because I believe that giving American citizenship to any person solely because they happened to be born on American soil may have some flaws. I haven't made up my mind on the subject completely though.

Roll your eyes somewhere else mate. It only make you look like a fool when you make stupid assumptions.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
I think a persons religion is just as important as other aspects of their platform when running for President.

You are, after all, getting the whole package, not just the parts you like or dislike.

Pers

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Pers
Originally posted by: woodie1
I guess you can put me down as a racist.

With the problems in the middle east I don't see any need to fan the flames by putting a Jew in the White House. If he was vp right now do you think we would have near the support we currently have over there.

I almost wish Lieberman would become president just so all of the neo-Nazi, skinheads and a few radical fundamentalist Al-Queda members would choke on their own bile.

That's the only reason. I don't agree with his politics and would not vote for him but the religion(or lack of) of a person is not the reason I would or would not vote for them.

oh and i'm sure if an arab were considering running for president...you'd be just as eager for him to get elected
rolleye.gif

If he was a good conservative and matched my political views then I would have no problem voting for an American of Arab descent. I really try not to pay any attention to what part of the world someone's ancestors came from. If they were born in America to American parents than they are American.

I qulify that only because I believe that giving American citizenship to any person solely because they happened to be born on American soil may have some flaws. I haven't made up my mind on the subject completely though.

Roll your eyes somewhere else mate. It only make you look like a fool when you make stupid assumptions.

you may not pay attention to it, but others do. this inevitably leads to conflict and more "stupid assumptions" such as

"Oh, of course the Jewish president is helping the Israelis." Americans themselves may begin resenting the Jewish man helping

the israelis. If we continue using the white president, no one suspects anything. Anyway....get real, and wake up. not everyone is

as accepting of others as you are. In politics you take everyone's ignorance into consideration.