Licking the beaters and bowl

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
I just finished making a batch of blueberry muffins. :)

My favorite part of the whole thing is licking the beaters!! The raw ingredients taste better than the finished product. Does anyone else think so?

guyver01

Lifer
Sep 25, 2000
Ded... i agree... but nothing beats raw cookie dough... i know it sounds corny.. but i do love raw cookie dough...

Lord Evermore

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I used to do that all the time when I was younger. Then one day I suddenly became nauseous from the smell of raw blueberry muffin mix and I can't lick the beaters/spoon or bowl for anything anymore (except mashed potatoes, but that's different). And no, the eggs weren't bad or anything in that batch of muffin mix, I don't know why I got sick, but now when I bake I have to try to avoid smelling whatever I'm making.

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
I agree, but I don't do it any more because it's dangerous... Salmonella is fairly prevalent in raw eggs...

l2c

sweetrobin

Golden Member
Jan 20, 2000
the way to be safe is to get the batter that you just have to add water too .. then you can lick the beaters till your hearts content ... there are even these candies that are chocolate chip cookie dough bites in chocolate ... oh my goodness they are yummy ...