Libre/Open Office and Google Docs integration?

oynaz

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Hi,

Is there a way to integratie Google Docs in Libre or Open Office? ooo2gd worked fine before, but is unable to open documents now. Probably since Google Docs have changed their URIs.

Any other suggestions?

gmaster456

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2011
Save your files in docx, pptx, etc. upload them to Gdrive and have them convert when you upload.

oynaz

Platinum Member
May 14, 2003
Yeah, but that is more of a workaround. The oo2gd upload part still works, actually, so that part is taken care of.
The problem is opening Google Docs documents. I can of course download the document, open it in Libre Office, and use the working part of the integration to upload them again, but that is rather clunky.

Google Docs support OpenDocument, by the way, so there is no reason to save tyour documents in MS format before uploading them to Google Docs.

gmaster456

Golden Member
Sep 7, 2011
Yeah, but that is more of a workaround. The oo2gd upload part still works, actually, so that part is taken care of.
The problem is opening Google Docs documents. I can of course download the document, open it in Libre Office, and use the working part of the integration to upload them again, but that is rather clunky.

Google Docs support OpenDocument, by the way, so there is no reason to save tyour documents in MS format before uploading them to Google Docs.

I don't know what to tell you then. I use MS Office, skydrive and google docs and it all works seemlessly. Probably just one of the downsides of using Libre Office. Perhaps you could try contacting one of the developers to see if they could perhaps integrate better support.