Liberal talk-radio just over the horizon? Franken Signs Deal With Progressive Media.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
This should be interesting. Franken is hysterical.
In an interview, Franken said the format of the show was still evolving, but he said he was certain that it wouldn't be akin to that used by his rival Rush Limbaugh, which Franken described as "non-guested confrontation."

"He has no one on the show but it's confrontation," Franken said. "His show is just him railing for three hours."

Franken said he planned to use a mix of interviews, calls from listeners and scripted comedy. He said he planned to have a co-host with long experience in radio, but he said that role had not been finalized.
:D

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
As long as he doesn't go as extreme as Rush or Medved (sp?).

Franken is one funny guy!

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Al's a good guy :) It's a nice alternative to the blowhards that infect talk radio at the moment.

Fausto

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2000
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Al's a good guy :) It's a nice alternative to the blowhards that infect talk radio at the moment.
Agreed. I'm really not a talk radio fan at all anyway, but at least he's funny and not so self-important as everyone else with their own show.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
I'm not a fan of most talk radio. The aim seems to be to spout off some nonsense and have people that agree with you call in. This does not sound like it will be much different.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: tnitsuj
I'm not a fan of most talk radio. The aim seems to be to spout off some nonsense and have people that agree with you call in. This does not sound like it will be much different.

You must be reading something different. From what I read, Al's biggest beef with what' out is IS what you described. It sounds to me like he plans to actually have differing opinions offered by callers.

In an interview, Franken said the format of the show was still evolving, but he said he was certain that it wouldn't be akin to that used by his rival Rush Limbaugh, which Franken described as "non-guested confrontation."

"He has no one on the show but it's confrontation," Franken said. "His show is just him railing for three hours."

Franken said he planned to use a mix of interviews, calls from listeners and scripted comedy. He said he planned to have a co-host with long experience in radio, but he said that role had not been finalized.

Al doesn't strike me as someone that would squelch out a caller that had an opposing view AND facts or intelligence to back them up. You'll never really be able to prove it, but I think that shows like Rush's hand pick their callers intentionally to get the dumb ones on there with differing views. With this show though, you may actually get some good debates.