Liberal/moderates have a new talk show champion to compete with Rush...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
Quit the clown act, Caddy. The search wasn't for truth, the intention was to smear the President of the United States out of political hate, jealousy, and envy by small fry egotistical and country destroying scum whose placed their own interests above those of the Nation. Try to see things in perspective instead of reacting like a yo yo on a string. You make the most absurd associations because you aren't grounded anywhere, damn it. Get real.

Care to answer the question? I guess not - since you had to resort to trying to incite a reaction;) No again - please answer the question. Is Clinton above the "truth" you say God commands us know?

CkG

Hijacking another thread I see. The Clinton witch hunt was a search for the "truth" in the same sense as the McCarthy hearings, the Inquisition, and the Salem witch hunts were searches for the truth. Moonbeam is exactly right. You yourself have acknowledged that they were excessive.

I see that doesn't get in your way when changing the subject to dodge responsibility for the BS from the right.

Ah yes - Bowfinger making accusations - go figure
rolleye.gif

Excessive? sure - but unwarranted? No. An accusation was made(it wasn't unfounded either) - the truth was being sought but during that pursuit - Clinton directly LIED. Sure I don't agree with all the tactics, but that isn't the question here. Is Clinton above the "truth" which moonbeam says God commands us to know? Now take your whining elsewhere Bow - moonbeam should be able to handle this himself...if he has the balls to do so.

Now I don't see where you get off saying that I'm changing the subject - there is a point being made here - you are just choosing to ignore it;)

CkG
Bush lied. He lied about Iraq's nuclear program. He lied about the Iraq's connections with 9/11. He lied about his connections with 9/11. He lied about Iraq's WMDs. He lied about Iraq's UAVs. He lied about the aluminum tubes. He lied about the environment. He lied about his tax cuts. He lied about the economy. He lied about the Democrats. He lied about the pretzel. He lied about pretty much everything.

Those are all points. They have nothing to do with this thread, however, or at least not beyond Limbaugh's lies about Bush's lies.

I didn't say you weren't trying to make a point, Cad. It just has nothing to do with this thread. You changed the subject ... as usual.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Quit the clown act, Caddy. The search wasn't for truth, the intention was to smear the President of the United States out of political hate, jealousy, and envy by small fry egotistical and country destroying scum whose placed their own interests above those of the Nation. Try to see things in perspective instead of reacting like a yo yo on a string. You make the most absurd associations because you aren't grounded anywhere, damn it. Get real.

Care to answer the question? I guess not - since you had to resort to trying to incite a reaction;) No again - please answer the question. Is Clinton above the "truth" you say God commands us know?

CkG

Hijacking another thread I see. The Clinton witch hunt was a search for the "truth" in the same sense as the McCarthy hearings, the Inquisition, and the Salem witch hunts were searches for the truth. Moonbeam is exactly right. You yourself have acknowledged that they were excessive.

I see that doesn't get in your way when changing the subject to dodge responsibility for the BS from the right.

rolleye.gif

Excessive? sure - but unwarranted? No. An accusation was made(it wasn't unfounded either) - the truth was being sought but during that pursuit - Clinton directly LIED. Sure I don't agree with all the tactics, but that isn't the question here. Is Clinton above the "truth" which moonbeam says God commands us to know? Now take your whining elsewhere Bow - moonbeam should be able to handle this himself...if he has the balls to do so.

Now I don't see where you get off saying that I'm changing the subject - there is a point being made here - you are just choosing to ignore it;)

CkG
Bush lied. He lied about Iraq's nuclear program. He lied about the Iraq's connections with 9/11. He lied about his connections with 9/11. He lied about Iraq's WMDs. He lied about Iraq's UAVs. He lied about the aluminum tubes. He lied about the environment. He lied about his tax cuts. He lied about the economy. He lied about the Democrats. He lied about the pretzel. He lied about pretty much everything.

Those are all points. They have nothing to do with this thread, however, or at least not beyond Limbaugh's lies about Bush's lies.

I didn't say you weren't trying to make a point, Cad. It just has nothing to do with this thread. You changed the subject ... as usual.

rolleye.gif
again you aren't willing to listen, but it doesn't matter since the question was for moony. The point that I'm making if moony would answer the question - is that both sides try to vilify the other. Moonbeam says that God commands the truth - then why do the libs blame it on a "right-wing conspiracy"? They can't handle the truth? Or do they think that by having a "liberal" talk radio voice they can spin it so they won't get beaten so badly? Do you really think that a Liberal voice on the radio is only going to tell the truth without the spin? Buahaha:p You libs have shown that you don't care about the truth and only want to vilify the "right". Now before you get your panties in a bunch(again;)) - just because I'm pointing out that the left won't be "truthful", doesn't mean that I'm saying the "right" always tells the whole story.;) The Clinton thing was just to show that moonbeam's left really doesn't care about the truth- only the blame.

Now go wipe your nose.

CkG

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

CkG

rolleye.gif

CkG

rolleye.gif
again you aren't willing to listen, but it doesn't matter since the question was for moony. The point that I'm making if moony would answer the question - is that both sides try to vilify the other. Moonbeam says that God commands the truth - then why do the libs blame it on a "right-wing conspiracy"? They can't handle the truth? Or do they think that by having a "liberal" talk radio voice they can spin it so they won't get beaten so badly? Do you really think that a Liberal voice on the radio is only going to tell the truth without the spin? Buahaha:p You libs have shown that you don't care about the truth and only want to vilify the "right". Now before you get your panties in a bunch(again;)) - just because I'm pointing out that the left won't be "truthful", doesn't mean that I'm saying the "right" always tells the whole story.;) The Clinton thing was just to show that moonbeam's left really doesn't care about the truth- only the blame.

Now go wipe your nose.

CkG

I believe I mentioned that there was no search for truth. It was only a search for sleeze to bring down the President. The search for truth is not the search for sleeze. See if you can comprehend that. I know it's not easy.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Bow - Bush lied about the pretzel?!? Holy crap, I took him at face-value on that one. Now I'm really disillusioned. What, did Laura smack him up or something? I need the truth here...

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Compete with Rush? Yeah right. There are not 20 million Americans that will listen to this guy.

Yeah, but there's at least 261,421,906 who DON'T listen to him. Thank god the majority knows what's what.

Hmm....Rush IS right...no doubt in my mind about that. Most people that are against rush or believe he is inaccurate, hateful or a communist, are not regular listeners. If you listen to stuff you believe all the time, how can you say you have an open mind. On the rare occaisions when I get to listen to him, he makes me think and defend my beliefs based on logic, not a "sheep's" mentality.

Also, I've noticed on his show that when liberals or people that disagree with him call in, they get on. Trouble is, there just aren't that many liberals that want to argue with one of the great minds of our time.

Gravity

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: daniel1113
Wow... you just proved my next point. I disagree with your IQ attack
You're right, instead of stupid, I should have called people ignorant or lazy.

; however, either way, you make conservatives sound good.
God knows they don't do that themselves.

Rush, Sean Hannity
There's another winner there. Guy spews so much bullshit that I'm surprised Colmes can handle the smell.

, and the other conservatives in the media
You mean the clones? You can say it, the ones that get their talking points bulletin in the morning from the RNC (or the DNC) that gives them their beliefs.

want the majority of their listeners to understand what they are saying.
Bullshit, they want their listeners to agree with them so they appeal to base emotions.

After all, that is the point of a radio show.
It would be one thing if they made an honest attempt to inform and educate their listeners, but they don't.

If it was all about IQ, Stephen Hawking would have a daily radio show in which he discussed the latest findings in regards to anti-matter and more advanced physics.
Would that be a bad thing? Hell I'd settle for someone having a show where they weigh the positives and negatives of supply-side economics or free trade, you know something important. But nope we have conservative talk show host being chicken littles. The sky is falling, the sky is falling, Madonna kissed Britney and corrupted our youth, the sky is falling.

So, do you really believe that 20 million Americans have an IQ below room temperature
Maybe, what was the rating for Joe Millionaire again?

and that you, and other liberals, are above them?
Your first mistake here is assuming I'm a liberal. I hate Democrats almost as much as I hate Republicans. This liberal voted for McCain as a write-in in 2000, voted for Lazio for state senator over Clinton. Is against most gun-control laws, for concealed permits and is for smaller government in general. That must make me the worst liberal in the world. Secondly am I above them? It's not for me to decide, I don't give a crap about being better than someone. I only give a crap about being the best person I can be.

Man, it's just not like liberals to believe that they are better than someone else.
That's because I'm not a liberal.

So much for fighting for the common man... after all, his IQ is probably below room temperature, so why waste your time on him?
Why should I waste my time on him? If he chooses to be ignorant and elect someone based on the party nominating that person then he gets what he deserves.

This reminds me of a quote.
"He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."
Albert Einstein
That about sums it up.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Why do talking heads like to say "The fact of the matter is:" before they lie.
It's like clock work. If you hear them say it, you know there is a lie coming.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperTool
Why do talking heads like to say "The fact of the matter is:" before they lie.
It's like clock work. If you hear them say it, you know there is a lie coming.
They move their lips and my BS meter goes off!

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
On the rare occaisions when I get to listen to him, he makes me think and defend my beliefs based on logic, not a "sheep's" mentality.

which is funny, since if you'd bother to look into his arguments they aer 99% fallacy and distortion. so much for critical thinking, listening to him hurts if you know what he's doing.

Also, I've noticed on his show that when liberals or people that disagree with him call in, they get on. Trouble is, there just aren't that many liberals that want to argue with one of the great minds of our time.

Gravity

wrong, no strong liberals appear on his show, he screens for the most pathetic liberals so that he can handle them easily. why do you think he doesn't go on tv toe to toe with someone who knows what they are talking about? let alone answer questions by a real journalist to answer for his countless lies and personal attacks. he'd end up looking the fool. the only place he pulls his cr@p is where he has full control, his little radio show.

conservatives love to talk about how theres moral decay, but with people like limbaugh lowering the level of discussion and integrity, its rather hipocritical. man has divorced.. atleast twice from what i remember. he got out of vietnam by pointing out his @ss pimple, the same genetic condition that didn't bother his father in ww2. and this is the man that called chelsy clinton the white house dog.

when even a comedian al franken can have his way with you in his book "rush limbaugh is a big fat idiot" then somethings seriously wrong.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Rush should write a Diet Book. I saw him on ESPN and I didn't recofnize his he slimed down so much. I guess he stopped eating Ruth Crisp Steaks for dinner.

kaizersose

Golden Member
May 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Rush should write a Diet Book. I saw him on ESPN and I didn't recofnize his he slimed down so much. I guess he stopped eating Ruth Crisp Steaks for dinner.

ruth's chris...there is no need to drag them into this! mmmm...ruth's chrissss.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

Yeah - he's been slimming down for a while now;)

OrooOroo - Rush could handle anyone who the libs could put up against him. He is very well informed on a wide variety of issues and would easily beat them in a debate on the issues. Rush does put liberals on - you can spout about call screening but it doesn't change the fact that their "voice" is heard. HE has stated many times that he doesn't wish to silence them - but rather, convert them;)

CkG

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
OrooOroo - Rush could handle anyone who the libs could put up against him. He is very well informed on a wide variety of issues and would easily beat them in a debate on the issues. Rush does put liberals on - you can spout about call screening but it doesn't change the fact that their "voice" is heard. HE has stated many times that he doesn't wish to silence them - but rather, convert them

your so full of sh*t its not even funny.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
OrooOroo - Rush could handle anyone who the libs could put up against him. He is very well informed on a wide variety of issues and would easily beat them in a debate on the issues. Rush does put liberals on - you can spout about call screening but it doesn't change the fact that their "voice" is heard. HE has stated many times that he doesn't wish to silence them - but rather, convert them

your so full of sh*t its not even funny.

Do you listen to his show?

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Rush's fact-challenged and critical-thinking impaired spew has tapped into the vast anger and resentment of a misogynistic, ragaholic, white male population who lacking any sympathetic audience for their hateful little rants against humanity, find solace in the shadow of the fat man.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i have on occasion, just like how i read ann coulters slander book and others, i keep up on the enemy camp and its distortions, fallacious reasoning, and plain twisted lies.

look up fallacy. now check off fallacies you hear him use per hour, you'll be busy. and thats ignoring blatant dishonesty.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002

Yeah - he's been slimming down for a while now;)

OrooOroo - Rush could handle anyone who the libs could put up against him. He is very well informed on a wide variety of issues and would easily beat them in a debate on the issues. Rush does put liberals on - you can spout about call screening but it doesn't change the fact that their "voice" is heard. HE has stated many times that he doesn't wish to silence them - but rather, convert them;)

CkG
Limbaugh handles liberals the same way the YABAs here do: make stuff up, change the subject, deny-distort-distract, attack the source, blame Clinton, etc. He wins by declaring he's won and by controlling the microphone. The dittoheads think he's God; they fawn over his every word. To everyone else he is a dishonest windbag.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
I like the guy in this thread (daniel) who kept asking for proof of anything Rush has ever said that was false....the funny thing is that when someone wrote an article of 42 different inaccurate things Rush has said, he responds to only 4 of those points....so did he acknowledge that he was wrong about the other 38 points?

Rush is one of the brilliant minds of our time? God help us all.

The Spin-Dr's work on both sides, liberal and conservative - saying they don't exist just proves your stance on one side or the other. My problem is with people who judge events based on what the party line is - if X happens, then my response must be Y, since that is the stance of our party/idealogy. What happened to thinking for yourself? For the people that elected you?