LIBERAL MAJORITY IN ONTARIO... ***WOOT***

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
already declared 16mins after polls closing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye bye conservatives!!! it's been a long time comming
no more cuts to healthcare and education...

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
i'm so fed up of the PC gov't ...
I don't want the province to go the way of the USA... private hospitals, education, hydro.... all bad ideas..
It's about time the rich did their fair share.. no more of these "ol boy" tax cuts.

Dec 27, 2001
Originally posted by: Kaiser__Sose
I don't want the province to go the way of the USA... private hospitals, education, hydro.... all bad ideas..
It's about time the rich did their fair share.. no more of these "ol boy" tax cuts.

Hooray for the poor, lazy and bitter. Yay Canada!

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor

who's poor??? not us..
who's lazy??? certainly not us.
and we are definately not bitter.. what's their to be bitter about?? I live in the best city in the best country in the world.

Dec 27, 2001

who's poor??? not us..
and we are definately not bitter.. what's their to be bitter about?? I live in the best city in the best country in the world.

I'm not talking about Candians...I'm talking about you. Maybe you should stop worrying about other people and start looking at yourself. Stop worrying about going the way of the USA. Stop worrying about the rich. Get your own pathetic life in order and you'll stop blaming everybody ELSE for your problems.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
already declared 16mins after polls closing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bye bye conservatives!!! it's been a long time comming
no more cuts to healthcare and education...

Now all you have to do is pay for it.

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999

who's poor??? not us..

I'm not talking about Candians...I'm talking about you. Maybe you should stop worrying about other people and start looking at yourself. Stop worrying about going the way of the USA. Stop worrying about the rich. Get your own pathetic life in order and you'll stop blaming everybody ELSE for your problems.

who's complaining.... I probably pay more taxes in a year than you make in a year ... I am "rich" ... but i just don't have the "old white boy" mentality.. one: because i'm not old, two: because i'm not white...
And i DO worry about other people because i feel that others should have benefits such as free health care and the right to a good affordable education... even if it means i have to pay more taxes....
sorry i'm not like you and the rest of the rednecks who just want to take take take and not give anything back to the everyday joe...

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: MartyTheManiak
I take consolation in the fact that the NDP lost their official party status.

I think Dalton will lower the number of seats for official party status from 8 to 7.

Mike Harris lowered it from 12 to 8 when the NDP only got 8 seats in the last election.

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000

I think Dalton will lower the number of seats for official party status from 8 to 7.

Mike Harris lowered it from 12 to 8 when the NDP only got 8 seats in the last election.

Even if he does, its still hilarious that they lost their status, when two days ago HH was saying how he would capture 30 seats and become the official opposition. *snicker*

The NDP are truly a pathetic bunch.

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999

Even if he does, its still hilarious that they lost their status, when two days ago HH was saying how he would capture 30 seats and become the official opposition. *snicker*

The NDP are truly a pathetic bunch.

Yea.. i think people still remember the Bob Rae government
...they had no hope of becoming the official opposition...

Dec 27, 2001

who's poor??? not us..

who's complaining.... I probably pay more taxes in a year than you make in a year ... I am "rich" ... but i just don't have the "old white boy" mentality.. one: because i'm not old, two: because i'm not white...
And i DO worry about other people because i feel that others should have benefits such as free health care and the right to a good affordable education... even if it means i have to pay more taxes....
sorry i'm not like you and the rest of the rednecks who just want to take take take and not give anything back to the everyday joe...

Riiiiiight.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: sandorski
I'll probably find out later, but how big a Majority was it?

72 seats Liberal
24 seats PC
7 seats NDP

That looks good. As long as it wasn't like the BC Libs nuking of everyone else. :)

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999

who's poor??? not us..

Riiiiiight.

what's wrong??? no smart answer this time???
that's what i thought.

don't get mad at us because your gov't prefers to spend 600billion taking over foreign countries for oil, rather than using that money to help it's citizens.

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000

Your country, your call. Personally if i held your views i'd rather pay less in taxes and have more to give to charities which were devoted to your causes, but different strokes for different folks...

don't get mad at us because your gov't prefers to spend 600billion taking over foreign countries for oil, rather than using that money to help it's citizens.

Not that it really matters, but I thought Canadians were subjects, not citizens. Queen Elizabeth II is still your head of state, isn't she?

Kaiser__Sose

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: glenn1

Your country, your call. Personally if i held your views i'd rather pay less in taxes and have more to give to charities which were devoted to your causes, but different strokes for different folks...

I agree that people can have different opinions on how they want their tax funds spent, and your view is very valid. What i do not appreciate is people (HeroOfPellinor) just spewing nonsensical comments.
That said, I don't think charities have the infastructure or funds to support public healthcare, education and public utilities (hydro, water, etc)

Not that it really matters, but I thought Canadians were subjects, not citizens. Queen Elizabeth II is still your head of state, isn't she?

I'm not sure if we are considered "subjects" or citizens but it doesn't really matter. The Queen has virtually no say in our political policies. She is there as a figureheard and nothing more.

blackhawk

Platinum Member
Feb 1, 2000
The conservatives had it coming ever since the hydro privatization a couple years ago. I said then, "they're finished!"

Harris bailed and Ernie just isn't there anymore since his divorce and loss of his son. His campaign strategy was a disaster! Someone was clueless in his strategy for the re election.

A change is as good as a rest I say.

BTW, the only time I ever voted liberal was for trudeau in the early seventies.
For a conservative gov't, I thought they were too fiscally irresponsible, maybe the "pointy headed kitten eater" will do better.

Colt45

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
so is the state going to regain control of the utilities or what?

private utilities = the evil

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
What's a good Canadian newspaper online? I've been reading the guardian to get the British line, but would also like to get a middle-of-the-road Canadian viewpoint. But anyway, its nice to see at least one government in North America going the fair, sane route.