Liberal (entertainment) media bias

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
I tend to avoid any kind of "news" coming out of Comedy Central but I watched the daily show tonight along with mind of mencia and the colbert report.

Mind of Mencia: Republicans are racist, Mccain is Old
The Daily Show: McCain is Old, Hillary has no chance and is pathetic
Colbert: McCain is Old, Hillary has no chance and is pathetic.

Seriously, to get a show on Comedy Central, do they take the performer into a secret room surrorunded by candles shaped like Bush and cut their right hand, swear an oath to uphold liberalism and then go out and perform an abortion to secure their contract?

That channel is so biased for liberalism it's not funny.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
For what it's worth, Mind of Mencia is just a bad show, it's not a news parody like the others it's skit-based comedy. His jokes always boil down to playing stereotypes, and a poor job at that. In other words, there's no conspiracy involved with him, he's just a moron.;)

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Duwelon
I tend to avoid any kind of "news" coming out of Comedy Central but I watched the daily show tonight along with mind of mencia and the colbert report.

Seriously, to get a show on Comedy Central, do they take the performer into a secret room surrorunded by candles shaped like Bush and cut their right hand, swear an oath to uphold liberalism and then go out and perform an abortion to secure their contract?

You're problem is that you're looking to COMEDY CENTRAL for the news....

psst. I also heard that the FOOD CHANEL is a libby stronghold!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Everyone is on the bandwagon to kick the GOP out of the White House in November.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: Vic
Then don't watch it if you don't like it.
How come the left doesn't take that advice when it comes to Fox News?

They know Fake News when they see it. They figure that such a long setup is gonna have one hell of a punchline. So they continue watching in order not to miss it.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
How come the left doesn't take that advice when it comes to Fox News?

Who says they don't?

Anyway, this thread is about a rightie whining about the lib-uh-ral bias of the comedy channel, so no more DUH-versions...

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
I also hear that the Discovery channel is full of "libs."

AHHHHH!!!!

they teach *SCIENCE* and *EVOLUTION* of the Discovery channel.

LIBERALS!!!! AHHHH!!!!!

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004

Trust me, i don't watch it much at all. Usually it's non-stop bush bashing but I was curious to see what they'd do with the elections. In usual fashion, they painted Obama positively and Mccain as a demented old bat that nobody liked.

The subtly of comedy central's left wing bias is nothing but a brain washing, entertainment machine. People naturally keep coming back for entertainment and there's no chance they'll leave with anything but negative views on Republicans and positive views on Democrats if all they do is get their news from entertainment.

Most young people, do not watch cspan or even the regular news so their worldview is shaped largely by the entertainment they consume. Comedy central has a large part of the adult comedy market corned as well as young adults. Basically, it's indoctrinating kids and young adults who don't know any different into thinking all republicans are racists who want to hoard all their money for themselves.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I haven't watched TV in years literally like 10 so i don't know what you're talking about.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

The best thing that comes out of this is that it doesn't seem to have crossed your mind for a minute that maybe McCain is old, Hillary doesn't have a chance, and what she's doing right now is sort of pathetic.

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: sandorski
hehe, oh man, you should apply to the show.

Yeah, "hehe", if it is funny to you, your lack of a capability to actually present a real debate while resorting each and every time into adhominum defense tactics does your side no good, except for those of who are as indoctrinated as you and go along with "the joke" whatever that may be.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
yeah but hes a republican you know. All they want is peace on earth and the split government so neither party can make to much trouble. It's what jesus would want.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

Trust me, i don't watch it much at all. Usually it's non-stop bush bashing but I was curious to see what they'd do with the elections. In usual fashion, they painted Obama positively and Mccain as a demented old bat that nobody liked.

The subtly of comedy central's left wing bias is nothing but a brain washing, entertainment machine. People naturally keep coming back for entertainment and there's no chance they'll leave with anything but negative views on Republicans and positive views on Democrats if all they do is get their news from entertainment.

Most young people, do not watch cspan or even the regular news so their worldview is shaped largely by the entertainment they consume. Comedy central has a large part of the adult comedy market corned as well as young adults. Basically, it's indoctrinating kids and young adults who don't know any different into thinking all republicans are racists who want to hoard all their money for themselves.

Well thank God someone is thinking of the children.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Yeah, "hehe", if it is funny to you, your lack of a capability to actually present a real debate while resorting each and every time into adhominum defense tactics does your side no good, except for those of who are as indoctrinated as you and go along with "the joke" whatever that may be.

hehe, take your Meds dude.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

The other thing that is totally obvious is that McCain and Hillary, stiff aged politicians, are way way easier to make fun of then Obama is. The Daily Show makes fun of those who are in power. Why don't you go back into their archives and see how much airtime they devoted to making fun of Clinton when he was president? (hint: a lot)

It's fair to say that they've made more fun of Bush then they did of Clinton, but jesus christ who hasn't? (and they still got Clinton plenty) Those guys are simply a non stop gold mine of things to make fun of... and Clinton at his worst never came anywhere close to the amount of pigfuckery that Bush and Cheney have visited upon the world.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: eskimospy

The best thing that comes out of this is that it doesn't seem to have crossed your mind for a minute that maybe McCain is old, Hillary doesn't have a chance, and what she's doing right now is sort of pathetic.

LOL! thanks for keeping it real eskimo :thumbsup:

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Why can't they be smart and get their brainwashing entertainment from Fox like you do?

:roll:

Duwelon

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: eskimospy

The other thing that is totally obvious is that McCain and Hillary, stiff aged politicians, are way way easier to make fun of then Obama is. The Daily Show makes fun of those who are in power. Why don't you go back into their archives and see how much airtime they devoted to making fun of Clinton when he was president? (hint: a lot)

It's fair to say that they've made more fun of Bush then they did of Clinton, but jesus christ who hasn't? (and they still got Clinton plenty) Those guys are simply a non stop gold mine of things to make fun of... and Clinton at his worst never came anywhere close to the amount of pigfuckery that Bush and Cheney have visited upon the world.

Going back to your previous post about Mccain's age, yeah he'd old, how is that a bad thing if he is in good shape? It is nothing but a good thing yet still the left wing entertainment media constantly portrays him as a demented old man who just today stayed up past 7pm for the first time this year or something like that.

I understand political humor and i've witnessed clinton get reamed a lot but just watch the divide that will present itself on shows like the daily show when they portray McCain and Obama. As he was tonight, I have no doubt that Obama will get handled with kid gloves and even when they do crack a joke it's always in some cleverly good way.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001

They're producers and that's what their consumers want to purchase. If they started losing ad money because people stopped watching their show, they'd change their format.

Exactly :thumbsup: