Liberal Bias In Media And Hollywood Exposed!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
I always thought that John Wayne and Moses, what's his face, were pretty much Liberal at heart and only adopted a more Conservative 'face' to placate the Directors like Ford... and DeMille... Oh Well...
Charlton Heston.

Liberal bias is also why Tom Selleck never gets any roles...

bononos

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2011
Hollywood or other favourite targets of the right can be broadly liberal on 'cultural' issues like gay marriage but also be strongly conservative on economic ones. The liberal/conservative bias argument usually miss or ignore this point.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Hollywood or other favourite targets of the right can be broadly liberal on 'cultural' issues like gay marriage but also be strongly conservative on economic ones. The liberal/conservative bias argument usually miss or ignore this point.

I'm Socially a Liberal and Fiscally a Conservative... I can't ever find the money to fund the projects I'd support. It is very difficult to separate the long from the short term wherein the long term might be better served by tending to the more Liberally Social considerations today than tomorrow. And, it never makes sense to delay to some mid term those considerations because when that time arrives its own long term issues present themselves more important... Ergo, the liberally social funding never gets met... And that seems to be a Conservative approach...

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Charlton Heston.

Liberal bias is also why Tom Selleck never gets any roles...

In the business of making money, I figure they'd hire the Devil if he could do the job better than whoever.

IF a Tom Selleck does not get work it MAY be because of reasons other than Liberal bias... There is an informal Black List that has been in operation at least back to the talkies start... I think. There are a few ways to get on that list, I'm told.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
A) Many individuals in the media and Hollywood are personally liberal in their beliefs. This is pretty obvious from surveys that are conducted and the fairly obvious fact that media and the arts generally attract more liberal types. "Duh" seems like a good response here ;)

B) Anyone who thinks this directly translates into a major "liberal bias" in the industry clearly is paying more attention to people griping about liberal bias than the actual media itself. Hollywood produces TONS of movies and TV shows supporting conservative points of view (particularly when it comes to war). Hell, '24' was basically the Republican anti-terrorism wet dream...although you could argue that Jack Bauer's laughable ineffectiveness against terrorists was subtle liberal commentary, I suppose :p And conservative film stars are hardly shut out of Hollywood, just ask Chuck Norris, Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson (well, until he went ape shit), etc, etc. Liberal bias in the media is even less supportable if you look at the big picture instead of just focusing on individual stories you don't like.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
...IF a Tom Selleck does not get work it MAY be because of reasons other than Liberal bias...
Check your sarcasm meter. Mr. Selleck has never lacked for roles despite his well known conservative views.

Karl Agathon

Golden Member
Sep 30, 2010
Not an avid watcher of Martin Bashir's program. However, whenever I do happen to watch it, all ive seen him do is bash Mitt Romeny for practically the entire length of his show. He should re-name his show to "I hate Mitt Romney"

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Artists and entertainers are liberal, news at 11...

OP would do well to realize the difference between media and news-media.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
There is indeed a liberal/neocon bias in the MSM. However, Dr. Paul won't never be our next President so the MSM will never be exposed for all of their lies and for their war propaganda.

added bolded statement for reference accuracy

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Did you even view your link? Do you ever? He makes a lot of claims, several of which the host refutes quite nicely, and offers no proof. And the funny thing is, it's not like anyone ever says that Hollywood isn't left leaning. But when the guest tries to claim that Fox News is primarily news not entertainment and isn't right biased, I nearly lost it.

Apr 27, 2012
Did you even view your link? Do you ever? He makes a lot of claims, several of which the host refutes quite nicely, and offers no proof. And the funny thing is, it's not like anyone ever says that Hollywood isn't left leaning. But when the guest tries to claim that Fox News is primarily news not entertainment and isn't right biased, I nearly lost it.

The host didnt refute anything, he is a partisan hack.

Hollywood and the media are left leaning and they need to be exposed

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Many in the media are liberal, they helped oboma win

The reality is that the majority of States will vote Republican or Democrat regardless of who the candidates are... Genghis Khan could be on the Democratic ticket and get the nod from certain States..

It is always those States with an Independent bent and equal Red and Blue voters. I don't think an Independent gets forced fed. They look beyond the rhetoric to facts... It is why Romney can't do much with his interpretation of truth... And why he'll lose...

The more Romney says the worse off he becomes in the minds of folks who think.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000
The host didnt refute anything, he is a partisan hack.

Hollywood and the media are left leaning and they need to be exposed

Exposed as what? Why can't Hollywood be liberal? Why are you surprised at a field composed primarily of artists and actors would lean towards liberalism? What does a fascist like yourself plan to do about it?

Apr 27, 2012
Exposed as what? Why can't Hollywood be liberal? Why are you surprised at a field composed primarily of artists and actors would lean towards liberalism? What does a fascist like yourself plan to do about it?

I am not a fascist, but thanks for your sheer ignorance

From Abroad

May 11, 2012
When George Walker Bush was in the office (or even his father), Hollywood and media in general was liberal biased? Or otherwise?

Anyway, the most clear example that I have down here (despite of George Clooney engagement in Obama`s campaign) is the TV Series The Simpsons, in which it constantly "critic" (in lack of a better word) the conservative ideas or believes. You know, like that:

Fox-News-Racist-Simpsons_0.jpg

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
The media is mostly liberal not conservative and McCain was a progressive and just the same as obama

I think it use to be that the media that reported the 'news' was unbiased then moved to the left and then with all the mergers and what not that media moved Right...

But, I think the greater point is who listens to what... IOW, the Right leaning folks listen to their preacher and so too do the Left leaning folks. IF you'd include Hollywood types, our little princes and princesses, you'd probably be right that there are more liberals there than conservatives but who listens to them but the liberals and they are scoffed at by Rush, et. al.

What gets folks elected are the population of no more than 10 States (currently).... and they are so evenly populated that money speaks louder than the news.... The independents within those States are either swayed by the facts or the bazillions poured in to introduce them to the new facts...
It is really nothing more than that... Alabama will probably always vote for a Wallace regardless if all the media was liberal... Same with the other Conservative States... and California cherishes its royalty but there are quite a few anti monarchists here....

Swing the State win the election... the biggest factor today is money buying time to tell us during the Stanley Cup Finals what the truth is...

To some small extent are the voter friendly acts our friendly Right leaning folks wish to enact.

But, the media.... used to be but not any longer, me thinks.