Not open for further replies.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Lian Li PC-Q25B
$30 off coupon EMCXWVV34 exp.1/28
$20 rebate exp.1/28
free shipping

This is a mini ITX case. It is somewhat large for ITX because it can take any graphics card your wallet can afford (including dual GPU GTX 690 or Radeon 7990), ATX power supplies (but normal sized, not extra long) five hot swap 3.5" bays and three 2.5" SSDs, not that ITX motherboards have that many SATA ports. You can even shoehorn liquid cooling in there if you get one with a slim radiator and a slim 120mm fan.

Note that it does not have any external drive bays.

cbunn

Sep 1, 2011
I bought this when it was $120. It's a very well-made case. But there are a few caveats. You will probably need to use a stock cooler, since there are very few worthwhile aftermarket coolers that will fit beneath the power supply. A modular power supply would be nice to keep the cable mess down, but from what I have heard, most modular PSUs are too long to fit. Also, the I/O backplate is a bitch to get installed. I used the butt of my screwdriver to jam it in there. And perhaps it's just me, but normal PCI brackets seem too long to fit. I was swapping out the UIO bracket from a Supermicro HBA card with a compatible PCI bracket, but even then the narrow end of the bracket had nowhere to go like in most cases. I'm not sure what that's about, but my card is mounted without a bracket for now. I also worry about dust. The fans each have a filter mounted on them, but getting to that filter requires a bit of disassembly.

Having said that, I really like the case. The hot-swap drive bays are awesome. It's tight to work inside of, but it pays off when you have a 5-drive (or more) NAS in such a small footprint. I can't speak to the stock fans much, because I tested them once and then swapped them for Cougar fans I had already purchased.

Great case for a NAS.

I am curious if this will fit the Corsair H100?

Well, if you took out the drive mounting plate on the bottom of the case, there are holes for another fan. So if you can fit the radiator with fan there, it might work. There's only about 2-3" of height to work with, though. Or less if you have a PCI card.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
I am curious if this will fit the Corsair H100?

One common cooling solution is to use one of the AIO coolers with a thin 1x120mm radiator such as the Corsair H50 or similar, and NOT a thick radiator like the Corsair H80.

Then, use a thin 120mm fan such as the Scythe Slip Stream Thin, which is only 12mm thick.

Put the thin fan on the thin radiator, and mount on the top 120mm fan spot above the PSU.

A modular power supply would be nice to keep the cable mess down, but from what I have heard, most modular PSUs are too long to fit.

A simple solution is to use a PSU that is just enough wattage and not more than necessary for the parts going into the computer. You will find that doing so will result in fewer excess cables, and thus no need for modular cables.

cbunn

Sep 1, 2011
Put the thin fan on the thin radiator, and mount on the top 120mm fan spot above the PSU.
I'm not sure if that would fit in the given space, even with a thin fan. I think you'd block the PSU or some cabling.

A simple solution is to use a PSU that is just enough wattage and not more than necessary for the parts going into the computer. You will find that doing so will result in fewer excess cables, and thus no need for modular cables.
I went with the lowest wattage efficient PSU from a reputable manufacturer (SeaSonic 300ET), which gets complaints from some builders as having cables that are too short for some ATX cases and there's still a lot of excess cabling. Fortunately, most of it can be shoved behind the motherboard mounting plate and then stuffed down by the bottom. But I still have a couple strings of SATA power plugs I don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.