Oct 13, 1999
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811112154

Lian Li Lancool PC-K7B

$99.99
-$10 instant discount
-$20 coupon code EMCKFHD38 (exp.5/2)
FREE shipping
= $69.99

For a few more days I'm using this case for my main rig. The PC-K7B is pretty decent for a standard layout ATX mid tower (PSU on top). What I like about this is the front/top/sides are all aluminum so it looks like a million bucks. Okay, more like a $150 all aluminum case, but the inner chassis is steel to make it more budget. It has one 120mm exhaust and two 120mm intakes that are filtered. Love those filters! It also uses rubber grommets for the five HDD mounts. Also, the ODD mount is toolless and the best toolless design I've encountered for ODDs, and I've seen quite a few (even better than those found on more expensive Lian Li cases).

PRO
Looks really nice for the price.
Can fit big graphics cards.
Plenty of ventilation that is filtered.
Grommets for HDD mounts.
Top front panel ports for easy access when sitting on ground.
Removable motherboard tray.

CON
Sharp corners like old school Lian Li cases. I've cut my knee on them numerous times.
Some have complained about the motherboard being slightly misaligned in this case. I have this issue a bit, but not a show stopper.
PSU on top. Makes cabling easier, but most like the PSU on the wrong, sorry, bottom of the motherboard.

Pic of my motherboard being slightly misaligned.
100_1277.jpg

Cable clips for cable management on back of motherboard tray.
100_1282.jpg

All HDD bays filled, 10.5" long GTX 285 installed.
100_1285.jpg

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Plenty of space. I think there's almost an inch, and the card is one of the longer ones on the market. Only some dual GPU cards are longer.

Dec 26, 2007
I just built a system for a friend with this case. It was actually fairly good to work in. The mobo is slightly misaligned (at least on the one I had), there are some corners that can scrape, and the aluminum is thinner than I like.

That said, it's a great case for that price. I would buy it again.

JonathanYoung

Aug 15, 2003
Not a bad case, but I did encounter an issue in 1 of the 3 cases I ordered. The motherboard tray standoff holes weren't threaded, so there was no way to screw in the standoffs. Weirdest QA issue I've ever encountered...

wsaenotsock

Jul 20, 2010
Is the inside of the case made out of steel (it looks that way)? It's probably a good idea for them to bring costs down while still having the same high-quality aluminum panels on the outside.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Not a bad case, but I did encounter an issue in 1 of the 3 cases I ordered. The motherboard tray standoff holes weren't threaded, so there was no way to screw in the standoffs. Weirdest QA issue I've ever encountered...

Heh, at BFG we got in a Phobos chassis with that problem once. I just tapped my own threads by using a normal screw with same threading and forcing it in.

Is the inside of the case made out of steel (it looks that way)? It's probably a good idea for them to bring costs down while still having the same high-quality aluminum panels on the outside.

Reading comprehension fail. I did write "the inner chassis is steel to make it more budget" in the OP. :p

compcons

Platinum Member
Oct 22, 2004
OP forgot another Con:
- Case is called "Metal Boned". This is simply unacceptable.

Looks like a decent design and relatively cheap.

EH

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Love Lian-Li cases. They are mostly all I use for builds for myself, family, and friends (though I did a build with the CM 690 Pure for my kids a few months ago that was a pretty impressive case too).

Nice cable mgmt by the way... :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.