News LI DMV offices packed with immigrants seeking driver's licenses

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Another Shit and run thread.

I think these type of threads should be locked and the links removed. It does nothing other than funnel traffic to their propaganda web-ring.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Another Shit and run thread.

I think these type of threads should be locked and the links removed. It does nothing other than funnel traffic to their propaganda web-ring.
Boomerang just wanted a thread about anything that isn't his hero being impeached for treason.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Almost made illegal aliens = to legal migrants. Omit a few words and the narrative completely changes.
I'll note that the OP's article asserts that 'illegal aliens' are seeking drivers' licenses, without ever actually providing proof. Just vague references, some quotes in that horrid foreign language, and then some talk about how widespread this horrible outbreak has become. It's FUD in its simplest form.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I'll note that the OP's article asserts that 'illegal aliens' are seeking drivers' licenses, without ever actually providing proof. Just vague references, some quotes in that horrid foreign language, and then some talk about how widespread this horrible outbreak has become. It's FUD in its simplest form.
So basically what brandonbull falls for every single time.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

We've been told ad nauseum that it was too difficult for people to get an ID that would be required to vote yet people are lined up to get driver's licenses? I know that I show my drivers license to vote. A drivers license is ID - right?
You always get your rocks off misrepresenting facts?? I bet you are friends with Tucker Carlson......

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The Republican rationale for voter ID laws has nothing to do with voter fraud, and everything to do with discouraging legal citizens from legally exercising their Constitutional right to vote. Because your policies don't appeal to the majority of the voting populace, the only way to keep elections is to ensure that some voters stay home.

Yes exactly, they just can't come out and say they don't want poor people and minorities to vote because they would vote for Democrats because that's not politically acceptable.

In yet another contrast between the parties it is generally believed that absentee ballots skew Republican overall AND are far more vulnerable to fraud yet to the best of my knowledge there is no concerted campaign by Democrats to limit absentee ballots. This is both encouraging from a good governance standpoint and discouraging from an 'actually winning' standpoint as it appears only one of the two parties actually values democracy as a concept.
The Republican rationale for voter ID laws has nothing to do with voter fraud, and everything to do with discouraging legal citizens from legally exercising their Constitutional right to vote. Because when your policies don't appeal to the majority of the voting populace, the only way to keep winning elections is to ensure that some voters stay home.

It is kind of amazing that in a democracy Republicans have essentially given up on the idea of appealing to the majority of citizens.