LGA775 load plate chipping CPU

fliguy84

Jan 31, 2005
Okay, I've just built my first LGA775 system few days ago. While installing the cpu, I noticed that the load plate exerts a lot of pressure on the cpu, and thus slightly leaving some marks on the CPU. At the place where the load plate contacts the IHS of the CPU, I found a bit of the IHS was chipped.

Is this normal or I'm just being paranoid? :p The cpu works just fine by the way.

fire400

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2005
I say if your system runs the way it should, you're fine. Be careful to not bend the pins of 775's, 'cuz they're worse than trying to fix when compared to the 478's.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
Originally posted by: fire400
I say if your system runs the way it should, you're fine. Be careful to not bend the pins of 775's, 'cuz they're worse than trying to fix when compared to the 478's.

775 cpus are pinless.

defeintely dont bend the pins IN the socket though. though you'd have to be a real moron to accomplish that i think as its pretty hard to do.

Kakumba

Mar 13, 2006
Originally posted by: hans007
Originally posted by: fire400

775 cpus are pinless.

defeintely dont bend the pins IN the socket though. though you'd have to be a real moron to accomplish that i think as its pretty hard to do.

No matter how hard it may be, its still worrying the first time using an LGA coming from something like a 939.... Anyways, sounds like crazy mounting, but this is one of those things where I reckon, if it still works, run with it.