LG tv won't turn on after new WEBOS update today.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
UH7700, just set it up 2 days ago. this morning it said there was an update. 4.30.xx, (don't remember the exact version) it took about 10 minutes to download and told me it would finish installing when the TV has been restarted. I restart it and nothing, the red LED goes from solid to blinking, but it never turns on. I Googled the hell out of this, any ideas for anything I can do? I bought the TV off QVC and can only imagine if I have to send this back it'll be a royal pain.

ANY ideas would be awesome.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I called, they told me 2 things to try, neither works. Sucks big time, but they have on site repair and have a tech in my area who will come tomorrow to fix it. Absolutely crazy how bad my luck is. theTV was awesome sauce for the 2 days it actually worked lol.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I did not, the LG tech came today. After about 5 minutes of fiddling with the remote and plug he said it either needed a new power supply or main board. Found it odd he didn't take it apart to see which it was. Going to bring both parts next time he comes. He didn't even try or suggest what you said, Looking at Lgs site The TV needs to come on to do a manual update, oh well. Thanks for the idea though