LG monitor base removal

luger

Mar 26, 2013
Posting this up for the benefit of anyone who has an LG monitor and wants to remove the base, but can't figure out how - and judging by the search results, plenty of people bought these VESA compliant monitors and are wondering how to remove the base. The manual suggests you swing the base at an angle. Maybe that works for some of their models, but if you found this page, you realize that this is not applicable for your monitor.

To access the screws holding down the 'neck' of the base inside the monitor, you will need to remove the back cover of the monitor. And yes, there are no screws to make removal of the back cover simple. It's connected to the front bezel via plastic tabs. Fortunately, it isn't hard to remove, though tiny bits of plastic will inevitably break off, but if you're careful, this won't damage the tabs enough to prevent you from reattaching the back cover and front bezel.

I started at the bottom edge using my fingers to pull the back cover off. Once I got the bottom edge partially separated, I switched over to using a flat blade screwdriver as it was easier to control the amount of force I was using. You want to use the minimum amount of force required so that you don't break off the tabs. Using the screwdriver, I worked my way around the edge, prying off the back cover.

P1000545.jpg

P1000546.jpg

Now simply remove the screws.

P1000547.jpg

Reattach the back cover to the bezel, working your way around the edge and pressing down to snap the tabs into place.

The base design on these LG monitors is retarded. Why build a VESA mount compliant monitor and then make it so difficult to remove the base???

Anyway, hope this helps some people.