Lexington, KY - Indoor Flag Football League.....anyone interested?

Oct 19, 2000
Hey guys. This is a post to hopefully find anyone who is interested in joining an indoor flag football league. This is open to anyone who lives in the Lexington, KY area, as all games are played in Lexington, with an occassional game in Nicholasville.

Here is what you want to know:

- This is arranged by Kentucky Indoor, which is located on Reynolds Road beside Meijer and near the Fayette Mall.
- They have different "sessions", which basically go according to season. We are looking to start a team in the league in the Spring session, currently scheduled to start approximately mid-April.
- Rules are here.
- Fee to enter a team is $600 for the Spring session. With atleast 10 people on our team, this averages to $60, if not less with more people. If it goes well, there are 2 Summer sessions at $500 a team. We hope to play a lot.
- We are looking to compete in the recreational league, NOT the competitive league. Why, you ask? I was wanting to compete in the competitive league, but it comprises of college players, Lexington Horsemen players (the local arena football team), and members of the Louisville Fire (Louisville's arena football team). We aren't that good to compete with these guys.

I have 4 guys (including myself) confirmed wanting to play, with another 3 or 4 that might join up. We are looking for atleast 10 to start, and may be able to add just a couple more. Everyone involved right now with trying to start up a team range from 22 years old (myself) to 26. One of our confirmed players even played college ball. Don't get the wrong idea about me. Even though I'm posting on the internet, I'm not a 5' pimply faced geek teenager. I can hold my own on the field, so don't worry about joining a team of losers. We are in it to win. We all love playing football.

For anyone interested, please let me know. We are looking for a few good men (sorry, no women) who would be helpful to our team. I have been communicating back and forth with the football director at Kentucky Indoor, and have learned a lot about the leagues.

Thanks.

Oct 19, 2000
Bump.

Mods, if it's ok, I plan to bump this atleast once a day :D. I figure there's someone out there interested.

ErmanC

Oct 25, 2001
Hmm... Another local. What days and times are the games normally on and roughly what's the time frame ( I.e. X games over 2 months or what?) I might be interested in joining.

ZOXXO

Golden Member
Feb 1, 2003
You can try posting this at KSR if you don't get enough response here.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: ErmanC
Hmm... Another local. What days and times are the games normally on and roughly what's the time frame ( I.e. X games over 2 months or what?) I might be interested in joining.
The Spring session will begin roughly in the middle of April (by my calculations). In one session, you play 8 games during the regular 'season'. All games are played on Sunday's, currently game times are 6:30, 7:30, 8:30, and 9:30pm. The football director I've been speaking with says that depending on participartion, they may go to an all-day Sunday (2pm-9pm roughly), but that will not be decided until close to the start of the session. There are no bye weeks that I am aware of, it is a straight 8 weeks of play, one game a week.

At the end of the season, you will have playoffs. Currently, this is played all in the same day (which I don't necessarily like). Meaning, if you win the playoffs, you will be dog tired after playing for about 4 straight hours.

If you have any more questions, I will answer them.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: ZOXXO
You can try posting this at KSR if you don't get enough response here.
Link Zoxxo? I'd like to see who is interested. I still have 3 months, but it's nice to get started on everything.

ZOXXO

Golden Member
Feb 1, 2003
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Originally posted by: ZOXXO You can try posting this at KSR if you don't get enough response here.
Link Zoxxo? I'd like to see who is interested. I still have 3 months, but it's nice to get started on everything.

Kentucky Sports Report

Definitely a lot of Lexingtonians posting there. I assume not all are armchair athletes.