Letting your nerd colours fly

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
I remember playing Drugwars and Tetris on my TI-83 in study class. Getting games onto my TI-83 was actually more important to me than dating (and I guess it still is, though I don't play games on my TI-83 anymore.)

JeepinEd

Dec 12, 2005
I mentor a First Lego League robotics team.
I also mentor an FRC robotics team
I've spent the last few months restoring my old computers and game systems - Pong, Vectrex, Commodore 64, Amiga 2000 (I even rebuilt the power supply, to keep it stock). Still trying to get the Vic-20 back up and running
High level Overwatch player.
Built my first PC in the 286 days and still build my own computers.
I do own a Jeep and go 4-wheeling pretty often, so that must count for something....

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
I remember playing Drugwars and Tetris on my TI-83 in study class.

lmao... data cable FTW!
i remember uploading games i found on my 85, and transferring it to friends.

However my Ti-85 was probably my ultimate cheat sheet, as i date from the generation where not many teachers knew just how powerful a calculator like that was, and didnt expect you to write all the math formulas as a program to use on a test.

Oh wait.. if any of my teachers are here reading it, please skip over this post.

• Haha
Reactions: highland145

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
lmao... data cable FTW!
i remember uploading games i found on my 85, and transferring it to friends.

However my Ti-85 was probably my ultimate cheat sheet, as i date from the generation where not many teachers knew just how powerful a calculator like that was, and didnt expect you to write all the math formulas as a program to use on a test.

Oh wait.. if any of my teachers are here reading it, please skip over this post.
I had just finished the final exam for my second semester of college physics and was talking to the prof. I was one of the last to finish because I sucked at remembering formulas. The prof was laughing about a calculator left behind by a student where the case looked like the Rosetta stone, there were so many formulas written on it. I was like, "well shit, if I had done that I'd a had ten credits of A's instead of ten credits of Cs." The prof was going to hang out for awhile to see if the student came by to remain it.

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Had plans to nerd out for 2020, covid and stuff has me wearing a pentacle pendent hoping some stupid ass bible thumpers may get a hint and step back when in stores. Hmm maybe nerd out in 2021?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
This should speak for itself.

fwXpyci.jpg

Reactions: mopardude87

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Building your own Alexa?
Been working on some arcade games and making harnesses for em, wiring up sound amps on em, reflowing bad solder joints, and other stuff. There are 5 arcade games on that table there. 2 of em are running on normal computer hardware with IO boards that convert em to JAMMA. Fun stuff.