Let's talk about comedians who aren't funny...

Art&Science

Nov 28, 2014
Aziz Ansari
Gabriel Isglesias
Amy Schumer
Kevin Hart
Tom Segura

I've watched all these people's specials and they just aren't funny.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
lets see you do better.

post up some youtube links.

I used to write for TV and film and you would be surpirsed how hard their job is.

Is only 10 percent of your audience finds you funny your doing pretty well.

let me guess you german?

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
It isn't the comedians that aren't funny, it comes down to subject matter. For instance, I don't like comedy about sports, so I tend not to like much of what Norm MacDonald does. There's also that issue that a comedian is funny, up until they make fun of something 'you' have big emotional attachments to and get offended.

I watch/listen to a lot of comedy and can normally find something I find funny in their sets be it low brow or high brow. Some people just need to lighten up.

Last edited:

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
I don't watch a whole lot of standup but I do find Aziz's material amusing. Not out loud laughing but gets a chuckle out of me. For me the most unfunny famous comic has to be Dane Cook.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Will Farrell

Adam Sandler

Jim Carrey

See, this is a distinction that is tough. Obviously they are comedic, and started as stand up, but when was the last time any of them did standup?

Their standup is a bit different than the personas they have in movies. Much like Ben Stiller (can't stand most of his movies).

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Dennis Miller is freaking hilarious, it's just over a lot of people heads.

Most unfunny comic ever is Andrew Dice Clay.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Dennis Miller is freaking hilarious, it's just over a lot of people heads.

Most unfunny comic ever is Andrew Dice Clay.
Dennis Miller used to be very funny. Now he has fifteen (maybe twenty) year run as being a bitter old man.

phucheneh

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2012
Aziz is funny. Always? No. But deserving of the label 'can feasibly generate actual laughs.'

Amy Schumer can, too. In fact, probably only like 50% of her act is vaginal slut humor, which is remarkably low for a female comic.

The fat Mexican guy definitely deserves a label of 'completely not funny and should die,' though. He's as bad as Carlos Mencia. Kevin Hart is also fucking terrible. Throw in Kat Williams, too.

And can't forget the classics, like Dane Cook and Jeff Foxworthy (and those other Jeff Foxworthy types who aren't even worth looking their names up).

So what do most shit comics have in common? They do the racial stereotype bullshit, be it redneck, Mexican, or black.

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Adam Sandler has always been one of the first ones that comes to my mind, but several have went that way over time.

Dane Cook is another. College humor only lasts so long.

Dennis Miller I liked for a short while at one time, he was on a Bill Maher level back then.

Was irritating as hell on Monday Night Football when they did that.

Bill Maher has the presence of mind to know he's not going to maybe be popular forever, and has been investing and producing other things for the future, good for him.

Saying Robin Williams is just sacreligious in my mind, was one of the most off the cuff fast thinking comedians ever.

Just IMHO, I guess.

Last edited:

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
lets see you do better.

post up some youtube links.

I used to write for TV and film and you would be surpirsed how hard their job is.

Is only 10 percent of your audience finds you funny your doing pretty well.

let me guess you german?
You don't have to be good at something to know that someone else is doing it wrong.

If I go to a doctor because I've got a compound fracture and he busts out some Bondo, fiberglass sheets, and zip-ties, I should be able to say that he doesn't have any idea what he's doing, despite the fact that I also don't know how to fix the problem.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Robin Williams

yPINpGv.png

Mar 10, 2005
i don't recognize any of the names in the op, but everyone else listed has my total agreement. adam sandler is king of these shitbums

ViperXX

Platinum Member
Nov 2, 2001
Gabriel Isglesias - 404 funny not found.
I have no clue how this guy makes a living off his lame ass act.

Now who's funny? That's' the question.
George carlin (RIP)
Eddie Murphy
Sam Kinison (RIP)
Jim Breuer
Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
To name a few.

Last edited: