Let's say you are interviewing a female...

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
depends on general hotness. if ur hot enough u can get away with most anything.

zebano

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2005
First off, what type of job is it? I work in a white collar professional world. That said, I am a programmer in IT. For my past two interviews I wore suit and tie and dockers + navy blue oxford shirt + tie respectivly. Both times I was told I was over dressed, but I landed both jobs. I don't meet any customers face to face, so I generally wear shorts + sandals + polo shirt to work but those of us who do deal with our customers (or other parts of the company) do dress up. That includes hose for about one third of the women. I admit to noticing hose, but it doesn't bother me either way. Then again, I look at legs like other men look at chests...

As part of a team of interviewers, I will admit that we have dinged for sloppy dress, but never for something such as hose vrs. no hose. Tie vrs no tie isn't even an issue for us. It all depends on the culture of the company and the particular job you are applying for. In my opinion dressing up shows that you are serious about the job and are a professional. Underdressing can hurt you, overdressing cannot.

ArchCenturion

Aug 6, 2006
I haven't been to Michigan, but from what i understand, its cold and probably not that sunny.

I am sort of tan, and I go to the beach every day here in Ca.

How are you so tan?? Do you go to like tanning boothes or something?

L

Lola

Originally posted by: ArchCenturion
I haven't been to Michigan, but from what i understand, its cold and probably not that sunny.

Yes i do. It helps to keep a base tan when we go on vacation.

ArchCenturion

Aug 6, 2006
Originally posted by: LolaWiz
Originally posted by: ArchCenturion

Yes i do. It helps to keep a base tan when we go on vacation.

Ahhh tanning booths, always make me think about that Final Destination movie were the girls got stuck in side the booths and like melted to death.

Im sure its perfectly safe though.

Good Luck interviewing.

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
Pantyhouse are for hiding ugly legs. If you have nice legs then forget about them.

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Frankly, I wouldn't care. I can't remember the last time I've seen a woman of any aqe wearing it, anyway.

bwnv

Feb 3, 2004
As long as you don't do the Sharon Stone thing with no panties you should be good to go. Out here in Vegas no one would ever wear pantyhose, and I doubt anyone cares. Good Luck in your interview.