Let's go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!

themightyplatypus

Oct 31, 2000
Mikal,
I'm not crapping on baseball just the yankees.I was raised in Baltimore and currently call Atlanta home. The last thing I want to hear about is the Yankees. Times are tough for O's fans. It will get better once Ripken retires.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
Bwahahaha Pettites on the DL!
GO SOX!!!!
THE 1st PLACE BOSTON REDSOX !!!!!!!!!

Mikal

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2001

<< Mikal,
I'm not crapping on baseball just the yankees.I was raised in Baltimore and currently call Atlanta home. The last thing I want to hear about is the Yankees. Times are tough for O's fans. It will get better once Ripken retires.
>>

I too, am an O's fan. You should have specified! Gonna miss the Ripster.

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Anyone see the sox win against Atlanta last night? Great game, could've gone either way. Thought Boston handed the game over to atlanta, and atlanta (being the nice folks they are :)) gave it right back.

spaceman

Lifer
Dec 4, 2000
I saw that one ;)the 1st place BOSTON REDSOX!!!

:):):):):):):):)
This is our year.
too bad about Pettite there Spanks fans.

geno

Lifer
Dec 26, 1999

<< Bwahahaha Pettites on the DL!
GO SOX!!!!
THE 1st PLACE BOSTON REDSOX !!!!!!!!!
>>

I Second that!!! :D

GoldenBear

Banned
Mar 2, 2000

<< Bear,

That's already old in this thread. Platy got it first. :p
>>

He didn't word it like me in which case I worded it like you.

ace31216

Golden Member
May 22, 2001
Looks like the Mariners are unstoppable this year.... Scary .... check out the pace their at. ALready over 50 wins!

Carbo

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2000
Petite's on the DL..........El Duque, too..........and yet the BoSox, and their fans, keep lookin' over their shoulders.
I sense another fabled Red Sox September Swoon..........

goldboyd

Golden Member
Oct 12, 1999
1918...1918...1918. For all you redsux fans, do you realize how bad the yankees are playing right now? 2 of the top pitchers in the league are on the dl, none of their hitters are remotely hot...check that bernie is. Justice one of the top home run hitters last year is on the dl... I could go on and on, they are just flat playing terrible, yet they are only a game and a half back. The sux on the other hand, are playing great, everybody is playing well, manny is hot, pedro is pedro... Wait till the sox cool down just a bit, and the yanks heat up, then we'll see what both teams are capable of. I see the yanks winning the division by 5 or 6 games.

goldboyd

Golden Member
Oct 12, 1999
BTW, i hate interleague play. The subway series last year during the regular season took much of the luster of possibly (in my very biased opinion) one of the best world series' ever. How much more intense would the series have been if they hadn't played during the regular season. Also, what at all do the yankees have to gain by winning (or even sweeping) the subway series this year, NOTHING AT ALL. If they win and sweep, it's no big deal, they are &quot;supposed to win.&quot; If they lose, OH MY GOD THE METS BEAT THE WORLD CHAMPIONS, and all the stupid met fans will go crazy. Yanks have nothing to gain and everything to lose. And thats just the tip of the iceberg on my hatred of interleage play.

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
redsux, that one's original. Glad to see the yankee fan braintrust isn't losing anything lately. Keep that list of excuses for your boys handy, you're gonna need it for a while.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
How fitting is it that the Mets play in a place named Flushing

hey now....i live in Flushing