Lets get like a kabillion Ebola threads going?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Playing catchup with this reactive ebola response is such a hard thing to do without some folks dying, some folks blaming themselves, others making themselves look like idiots playing CYA and pointing fingers and then we have our politicians playing political whack-a-mole with it. I took a couple of steps back to take a wider view of it all and damn if I didn't scrunch my face up with that classic WTF look followed by that other gem of a face you get when you hit the crapper with that all time favorite "gaseous assisted ejective propulsive squirts with intermittent case hardened projectiles". You know, the kind you get when you eat nothing but cold MRE's for a week.

Money, being the root of all evil, was re-directed away from the agencies that could have preemptively prepared a proper response mechanism given that there's never enough it to go around and keep everybody happy. Add to that how those $$$ always gets put through a magical sieve whereby only a fraction of the targeted funds actually goes toward the intended use, especially so when some of it gets used for bonuses and conventions in Vegas.

Then, you got those folks who hear opportunity when it comes-a-knocking and start angling in for the quick buck, especially when these folks have a well invested choke chain around the necks of their pet politicians, and on and on and on.

Ring it all up and Voila! The vaunted American response to the world-wide ebola pandemic threat.

Last edited:

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Playing catchup with this reactive ebola response is such a hard thing to do without some folks dying, some folks blaming themselves, others making themselves look like idiots playing CYA and pointing fingers and then we have our politicians playing political whack-a-mole with it. I took a couple of steps back to take a wider view of it all and damn if I didn't scrunch my face up with that classic WTF look followed by that other gem of a face you get when you hit the crapper with that all time favorite "gaseous assisted ejective propulsive squirts with intermittent case hardened projectiles".

Money, being the root of all evil, was re-directed away from the agencies that could have preemptively prepared a proper response mechanism given that there's never enough it to go around and keep everybody happy. Add to that how those $$$ always gets put through a magical sieve whereby only a fraction of the targeted funds actually goes toward the intended use, especially so when some of it gets used for bonuses and conventions in Vegas.

Then, you got those folks who hear opportunity when it comes-a-knocking and start angling in for the quick buck, especially when these folks have a well invested choke chain around the necks of their pet politicians, and on and on and on.

Ring it all up and Voila! The vaunted American response to the world-wide ebola pandemic threat.

Read all of that, and went :|