Let's clear the air on something. Trump never called white supremacists or neo-Nazis "very fine people."

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's worth pointing out that the air can never be clear as long as the worst swamp creature in the history of humanity still occupies the Oval Office.

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
This never happened, it was a fake news narrative by leftist media outlets. CNN and such simply used footage of a neo-Nazi protest from the night before the statue removal protests, some of those neo-Nazis were at the protests the next day, but on that next night was indeed a mixture of people, many of those protesters were NOT white supremacists or neo-Nazis but simply people protesting the removal of the statues.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media...eo-nazis-very-fine-people-in-charlottesville/

I saw this story today and figured I'd start a thread. I see people here all the time make the suggestion that Trump is racist and this is evidence towards that. Time to set the record straight.

Yeah, he did. Video doesn't lie Sparky.

1556637617006.jpeg

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yes he did... and then walked it back the next day. Thats the entire fcking MO, cross the line* make sure the base hears the whistle, then walk it somewhat back the next day.
Fuck Slow is slow.
Is Trump a dedicated white supremacist ? Likely not. Will he pretend to be one to win trump tower moscow? Fuck yea. Trump will run anyone over for a buck. He has certainly done a number on poor Slow.

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
So you're saying if someone wanted the statue to stay, they must be bigots? Perhaps you missed the pic I posted earlier in the thread, a mixed groups with a person of color that were for keeping the statue? Is he a bigot? There are lots of people through American history that had terrible qualities, slave owners that are on our currency. If I hope we keep George Washington on our dollar bills (though I personally don't care) that wouldn't make me a bigot.
You are pathetic. Just like a Trump staffer. He lies and you twist yourself into a knot trying to squeeze a grain of sand out of a boulder.

That picture was not tiki torch carrying night where there we no "very fine people"

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
As I'm reading this thread full of Trump apologists trying your best to come up with an explanation where Trump is technically correct because there might have been some non-nazi people at the rally, as I'm reading this thread I want to ask a rhetorical question.

Did you give the same benefit of the doubt to Hillary's deplorable comment, or did you spin it as if Hillary called half of the country deplorable?

Anyone care to comment?

Did you give her the benefit of the doubt? Did you ever quote her completely where Hillary clearly referred only to the "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic" half of Trump supporters as deplorables, and that the other half was people "who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them... those are the people we have to understand and empathize with as well". Were you ever truthful in talking about Hillary's comments, or did you completely take them out of context and twist them into a big fat lie?

I'm sorry, but you're not fooling anyone except yourself. You completely misrepresented Hillary's comments into a lie, and you completely misrepresented Trump's comments.

Here's Hillary's full quote by the way:
I know there are only 60 days left to make our case — and don’t get complacent, don’t see the latest outrageous, offensive, inappropriate comment and think well he’s done this time. We are living in a volatile political environment. You know, to just be grossly generalistic, you could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamaphobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that. And he has lifted them up. He has given voice to their websites that used to only have 11,000 people — now how 11 million. He tweets and retweets their offensive hateful mean-spirited rhetoric. Now, some of those folks — they are irredeemable, but thankfully they are not America. But the other basket — and I know this because I see friends from all over America here — I see friends from Florida and Georgia and South Carolina and Texas — as well as, you know, New York and California — but that other basket of people are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change. It doesn’t really even matter where it comes from. They don’t buy everything he says, but he seems to hold out some hope that their lives will be different. They won’t wake up and see their jobs disappear, lose a kid to heroine, feel like they’re in a dead-end. Those are people we have to understand and empathize with as well

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018
Garbage like this is partly why Trump won. The melodrama, the exaggerations, crying wolf... Comparing Trump to Hitler only shows how little perspective and understanding of history you have.

If the shoe fits...

"I say in my talks it takes two things to make it happen again, a new Hitler and social conditions similar to those in the 30s. But that's not true. It takes three things: the Hitler, the conditions... and the people to follow the Hitler." -- Ira Levin

1556649240152.png

Did Trump really say that? Let's go to the video..

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/politics/trump-illegal-immigrants-infest/index.html

I guess it's safe to say you'll be first in line to follow.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Again you lying racist motherfucker here are some of the ads for the event...
1556421120725-jpeg.5650
1556421144718-jpeg.5651
1556421166093-jpeg.5652

Come'on man, the Nazi and WS imagery, it's somewhat subtle, I mean Confederate soldiers and flags, Nazi iron eagles, but no swastikas.

It's totally plausible some random history teacher/clueless academic type would randomly go to a small town in VA on that particular weekend, out of concern for history's artifacts. Yes, a monument to treason, slavery and white supremacy, but that's just details man. It's about heritage.

And slow's not saying they didn't get their hair mussed, but they were there for your children man. So they would know our history.

All the murdering, and racist chanting and beating people with Nazi flags was not expected!
Who knew Klan rallies could be so violent? Learning lessons for both sides here on this one.

And that did not represent everyone there. Which was exactly Trump's point, that there were decent people on both sides as well as extremist troublemakers on both sides. Somehow you lefties took that stance as Trump is a Nazi sympathizer.

Last edited:

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I'll give him credit he was concise but he's definitely getting teleprompter assistance.

Also does the audio seem to not match the video? Not saying its been altered it just plays kind of funny.

That was the part where he was just reading what someone with some measure of sense wrote for him.

When he got into ad-libs and Q&A we knew Trump's true thoughts and defense of both sides.

Reactions: compcons

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
My 'favorite' bit of Trump's lying about his Charlottesville remarks is that when cornered, he complimented Robert E. Lee... you know, the Confederate general who enthusiastically, explicitly defended slavery. It's like he can't help but take the side of racists when given the chance.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Actually, Trump won because people simply don't like Hillary. I knew women who would not vote for her, and voted for Trump just because he wasn't Hillary even though they knew he was an asshole. That speaks volumes. They already knew what Hillary was, and held out hope Trump was different. They stand by that stance even today. "Hey he was that 'you're fired guy!' he'll get rid of the trash!" *cough*

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
If the shoe fits...

"I say in my talks it takes two things to make it happen again, a new Hitler and social conditions similar to those in the 30s. But that's not true. It takes three things: the Hitler, the conditions... and the people to follow the Hitler." -- Ira Levin

View attachment 5719

Did Trump really say that? Let's go to the video..

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/19/politics/trump-illegal-immigrants-infest/index.html

I guess it's safe to say you'll be first in line to follow.

You could at least verify your internet memes on Snopes. But, yeah, Trump doesn’t like illegal immigrants unless they work for his empire.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-animals-hitler/

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Actually, Trump won because people simply don't like Hillary. I knew women who would not vote for her, and voted for Trump just because he wasn't Hillary even though they knew he was an asshole. That speaks volumes. They already knew what Hillary was, and held out hope Trump was different. They stand by that stance even today. "Hey he was that 'you're fired guy!' he'll get rid of the trash!" *cough*

The “but Hillary” line doesn’t work around here. If dems don’t get their shit together he’s going to win in 2020. Biden might have a chance.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The “but Hillary” line doesn’t work around here. If dems don’t get their shit together he’s going to win in 2020. Biden might have a chance.
That's correct. We don't coddle gullible fools that think Hillary is a criminal.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
It's truly amazing how many totally not-nazi "conservatives" around here are willing to go to the mat in defending a white supremacist POTUS and his shameless support of actual, very real Nazis.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
he lumped them all together, did not differentiate between the 'good' from the 'bad' and so, yes, he did call nazi and WS very fine people.

you can't really walk that back by his actions and words since.

op is just to boneheaded to admit that.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
he lumped them all together, did not differentiate between the 'good' from the 'bad' and so, yes, he did call nazi and WS very fine people.

you can't really walk that back by his actions and words since.

op is just to boneheaded to admit that.

This thread is a perfect demonstration of the hoax funnel, you are literally arguing with transcript and video. Your narrative is devoid of reality, you can read words and see nothing, you are Trump derangement made flesh.
https://blog.dilbert.com/2019/04/30/the-fine-people-hoax-funnel/

The left loves to talk about lies and "fact checks", and that's the clue that they intend on being the most guilty of crimes against reason.

Reactions: HurleyBird

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
This thread is a perfect demonstration of the hoax funnel, you are literally arguing with transcript and video. Your narrative is devoid of reality, you can read words and see nothing, you are Trump derangement made flesh.

The left loves to talk about lies and "fact checks", and that's the clue that they intend on being the most guilty of crimes against reason.
You mean the statement that he walked back the next day?

Reactions: Meghan54

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
- CNN Aug 2017.

about 2:02
"And I'm not talking about the Neo-Nazis and white nationalists. They should be condemned, totally."

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

So where were the "very fine people" at the Tiki rally? Where were the chants to save the statue? Fox News loves condradicting the so called left narrative if these fine people were to be found from that night they would have found them.

If you are so gullible to swallow Trump's load of lies and take his statement at face value why did he disavow that very statement within days??

Keep digging. When you get tired I'll cover you up.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
My own take on this thread is that some people who, in all of their arguments, define the whole world of nearly 8 billion human individuals into a few monolithic blocks of their own choosing (left, right, black, white, Christian, Muslim, Jews, etc), want you to know that they're not racists.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
- CNN Aug 2017.

about 2:02
"And I'm not talking about the Neo-Nazis and white nationalists. They should be condemned, totally."

Then he was talking about ghosts. Because the ONLY people from the right-wing at the rally that day where Nazis and white nationalists.

And no one has supplied a picture of that event that shows otherwise for a reason: Because that's the only people who were there.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Please supply evidence of any people at the rally that day on the right-wing side who were not Nazis or white nationalists.

This is the fact that checks your nonsense. There was NO ONE ELSE THERE. It was a white nationalist rally.

Reactions: dank69