Let's clear the air on something. Trump never called white supremacists or neo-Nazis "very fine people."

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
Yes, there were Nazi types there, absolutely no one denies that those undesirables were there.

Those aren't the people Trump was referring to, and he made that abundantly clear to anyone without blinders on.

I asked earlier and I know this has been an active thread.
Where can I find this abundantly clear clarification from the President?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Again you lying racist motherfucker here are some of the ads for the event...
1556421120725-jpeg.5650
1556421144718-jpeg.5651
1556421166093-jpeg.5652

Why did you post the same poster twice, trying to make it look like more than it actually was?

And it looks like they have dessert covered, "BAKED ALASKA" is listed there...?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I asked earlier and I know this has been an active thread.
Where can I find this abundantly clear clarification from the President?

I will see if I can find it, but I watched several of his pressers after this, they are on Youtube. In the video I watched, there were no two ways about it. He condemned the violence and said there were very fine people on both sides, right after he plainly said something to the effect of, "and I don't mean the white supremacists."

Let me see if I can find it.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Where did my differing opinion touch you? If you silence me then this will be a safer space for you and your bubble will be better insulated. You are a microcosm of the left today.

every second thread here is yours pouring your mental health problems out, while I sympathize with your condition its also fucking annoying.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Why did you post the same poster twice, trying to make it look like more than it actually was?

That's the web name for Anthime Gionet, a neo-Nazi. (and Trump supporter!)

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

"Tim Gionet, the alt-right’s resident Goofus. As “Baked Alaska,” Gionet was one of the MAGA movement’s loudest, clumsiest trolls, a man just as likely to hit on 13-year old girls as he was to tweet out gas chamber memes and neo-Nazi dog whistles. (Those are seriously all things he did.) Yes, it seemed like Baked would do anything to own the libs, including, apparently, executing the task of “being alive” so miserably that he’s been forced to move from L.A. back to his home-state in Alaska, seemingly broadcasting out of his childhood bedroom. "

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Yes, absolutely. There were people there that had nothing to do with Nazism. The only way the left has anything to hang on here would be if the entire crowd was filled with Nazis. That plainly was not the case, leftist projection filled in the rest as they saw fit, and now we have this thread today because of leftist propaganda.

So what this boils down to is that the poster who is constantly regurgitating right wing propaganda that paints "the left" with the same extremist brush is upset that "leftist propaganda" is painting "the right" with the same extremist brush?
Is that it?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So what this boils down to is that the poster who is constantly regurgitating right wing propaganda that paints "the left" with the same extremist brush is upset that "leftist propaganda" is painting "the right" with the same extremist brush?
Is that it?

So you're saying the left acts like me? How does that make you feel?

Feb 4, 2009
Not the one I was looking for, but I don't know how much clearer he can be on his condemnation of violence and racism:

I'll give him credit he was concise but he's definitely getting teleprompter assistance.

Also does the audio seem to not match the video? Not saying its been altered it just plays kind of funny.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Yes, there were Nazi types there, absolutely no one denies that those undesirables were there.

Those aren't the people Trump was referring to, and he made that abundantly clear to anyone without blinders on.
Serious question for you. How much credibility should someone have after they have said that is perfectly okay to knowingly tell a lie - for years - because someone else started the lie?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The night before the statue protests there was some neo-Nazi gathering. The next night there were the statue protests, and some of the neo-Nazis from the night before were there, but the crowd was mixed. There were some decent people in that crowd and some Nazis, people you and me both don't like. On the other side there were peaceful protesters and people looking to create violence. Trump made it quite clear over the next few days he did not support the neo-Nazis and condemned the violence, he also said some of the crowd on both sides were "very fine people." It is a lie to keep suggesting he was calling Nazis that, it has been made abundantly clear over the next few press conferences that Trump does not support or side with them.

At least get the time line right-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unite_the_Right_rally#August_11

You could even scroll up & read the whole thing from the beginning.

Decent people don't march with Nazis & White Power assholes under any circumstances. When events are not what they anticipated they distance themselves. To say otherwise is to deliberately mischaracterize those who did march.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
So you're saying the left acts like me? How does that make you feel?
No, I'm saying that you have no credibility, and even explained why you have no credibility. How does that make you feel?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I'll give him credit he was concise but he's definitely getting teleprompter assistance.

Also does the audio seem to not match the video? Not saying its been altered it just plays kind of funny.

I don't know, it is CNN's channel (not exactly pro-Trump). I doubt they doctored it. And with or without a teleprompter, if he supposedly sides with those people and needs their votes (according to some here), he wouldn't unapologetically condemn them and label racism as wrong and evil. I don't get why he'd give that statement if he was so much on the side of the white supremacists.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
CNN is not left wing. CNN is plutocratic corporate propaganda. It is very very strongly anti-left.

CNN is profit-driven, and their base are leftists. CNN gives their base what they want for the sake of profit. Right now that happens to be a strong leftist agenda.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

So where are the ads advertising saving the statue?

So where were the fine people in the coverage? Again, Fox News would have found them if they existed.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So where are the ads advertising saving the statue?

So where were the fine people in the coverage? Again, Fox News would have found them if they existed.

Why did there have to be "ads?" These things go around social media.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I don't know, it is CNN's channel (not exactly pro-Trump). I doubt they doctored it. And with or without a teleprompter, if he supposedly sides with those people and needs their votes (according to some here), he wouldn't unapologetically condemn them and label racism as wrong and evil. I don't get why he'd give that statement if he was so much on the side of the white supremacists.
He didn't condemn white nationalism. Here is why: https://www.businessinsider.com/richard-spencer-says-trump-didnt-condemn-the-alt-right-2017-8

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Not the one I was looking for, but I don't know how much clearer he can be on his condemnation of violence and racism:
and then a few days later he says "I should not have made that statement."

Keep digging dirtbag

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
No, he clearly says in other quotes that he is NOT talking about white supremacists. There were peaceful protesters that did not want to see the statues removed that had nothing to do with Nazism or white supremacy. It was clear Trump was referring to them, he's made this more than clear. If you are going to run with a narrative that he did refer to Nazis with that comment, than you are a liar. A liar looking to push a narrative that is emotionally based, not based in truth.

Did you even read the link in the OP?

This is simple:

Show us pictures from the Unite The Right Rally in Charlottesville that day who were on the right, but NOT linked to white supremacists or neo-nazis.

I've been waiting for two years to see pictures of these "very fine people" who were NOT neo-nazis.

I have yet to see a picture.

This is the point: He tried to claim something that is NOT true while at the same time trying to give white nationalists credit.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Why did there have to be "ads?" These things go around social media.
So no ads inviting "fine people". Why was there no coverage of the so called "fine people" Friday night. Again Fox would have found them.

Seems Trump made them up.