SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This never happened, it was a fake news narrative by leftist media outlets. CNN and such simply used footage of a neo-Nazi protest from the night before the statue removal protests, some of those neo-Nazis were at the protests the next day, but on that next night was indeed a mixture of people, many of those protesters were NOT white supremacists or neo-Nazis but simply people protesting the removal of the statues.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media...eo-nazis-very-fine-people-in-charlottesville/

I saw this story today and figured I'd start a thread. I see people here all the time make the suggestion that Trump is racist and this is evidence towards that. Time to set the record straight.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
If someone is protesting the removal of a Hitler statue, would you consider them white supremacists? Or does it only imply that if they have a swastika tattoo?

Also, you get your news from Breitbart?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
breitbart lol

What else? He can't afford to examine truth.

Here's the absolute truth that he must spin to justify Trump.

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"
Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

The question explicitly was about the neo-Nazis and Trump explicitly says that some of them were very fine people.

Game over.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
OP, Are you learning impaired?

Nevermind, don't answer that, we already know!

ecogen

Golden Member
Dec 24, 2016

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"
Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

The question explicitly was about the neo-Nazis and Trump explicitly says that some of them were very fine people.

Game over.

Yup

As soon as you find it acceptable to march alongside Neo-nazis and white-nationalists you're done. Any people who were there legitimately to protest the statue being removed and didn't share these disgusting beliefs should have left as soon as they saw those pieces of shit comprising most of their "side". There were no fine people on both sides, period.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Feb 4, 2009
Even the Briebert link brings up a bunch of neo Nazi's and a bunch of normal people were there to protest.
I ask:
If you are protesting something and a bunch of neo Nazis are standing with you. Don't you think its time to leave or at minimum re-evaluate what you are protesting?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Seems like the Trumpers aren't proud to be in the same basket as the deplorables anymore.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Seems like the Trumpers aren't proud to be in the same basket as the deplorables anymore.

Or perhaps they are tired of being found out as such so they are compelled to compound their egregious natures?

Of all deplorable people these folks belong on the set which contains all deplorables in the political sense AND are proud of it or lie to deny.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005

Game over.

No, he clearly says in other quotes that he is NOT talking about white supremacists. There were peaceful protesters that did not want to see the statues removed that had nothing to do with Nazism or white supremacy. It was clear Trump was referring to them, he's made this more than clear. If you are going to run with a narrative that he did refer to Nazis with that comment, than you are a liar. A liar looking to push a narrative that is emotionally based, not based in truth.

Did you even read the link in the OP?

Nov 29, 2006
This is one of the cases i actually agree with the OP. I hate Trump with a passion as in if he died, id smile, but i dont think he was calling Neo-Nazis and WS "very fine people" in all the videos, tweets ive seen. He does utter those words, but he is talking about the people who showed up to protest peacefully on both sides. Of course you had people looking to start fights on both sides, but they were not all of them, and he condemns those people specifically.

In this instance at least. But im pretty sure he supports that stuff outside of this instance and dog whistles to them, etc.

Edit: Damnit people you made Slow like my post...grr lol

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This is one of the cases i actually agree with the OP. I hate Trump with a passion as in if he died, id smile, but i dont think he was calling Neo-Nazis and WS "very fine people" in all the videos, tweets ive seen. He does utter those words, but he is talking about the people who showed up to protest peacefully on both sides. Of course you had people looking to start fights on both sides, but they were not all of them, and he condemns those people specifically.

In this instance at least. But im pretty sure he supports that stuff outside of this instance and dog whistles to them, etc.

I do not think Trump supports white nationalism at all, that isn't his displayed track record. But none the less I thank you for being honest, Trump obviously was not siding with Nazis when he said that.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
Well he does explicitly say in this video 'there were very fine people - on both sides' so i mean....let's be real. Do we really think 'white supremacists' are very fine people in any circumstance? to say he didn't say it is a lie. He did say it. It is right there.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Well he does explicitly say in this video 'there were very fine people - on both sides' so i mean....let's be real. Do we really think 'white supremacists' are very fine people in any circumstance? to say he didn't say it is a lie. He did say it. It is right there.

No, he made it very clear he was not talking about the white supremacists. Again, there were a mixture of protesters there, many were there simply to protest the removal of statues of historical figures.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I don't get how some can continue to push an obvious false narrative. Trump did not claim white supremacists were "very fine people." The media and leftists build that narrative.

Reactions: 0roo0roo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
No, he made it very clear he was not talking about the white supremacists. Again, there were a mixture of protesters there, many were there simply to protest the removal of statues of historical figures.

nope. there were only white supremacists there, protesting their participation statues that celebrate slavery and jim crow. That is why they were there. That was their well-publicized message.

it is no other way. Those are the actual facts. Trump supported the KKK and Nazis. Fact. It is profoundly indisputable.

You're a pathetic loser.

Nov 29, 2006

Right, but he goes on to explain who the very fine people were. "the peaceful protestors that didnt start commotion etc. Just there to protect with no affiliation to NN or WN, or Antifa etc. Could have been a history teacher who was protesting from a dont destroy history stand point. He did say it, but as we Dems like to point out to the right a lot. Context matters. Have to take it all in and not just 1 sentence etc.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Right, but he goes on to explain who the very fine people were. "the peaceful protestors that didnt start commotion etc. Just there to protect with no affiliation to NN or WN, or Antifa etc. Could have been a history teacher who was protesting from a dont destroy history stand point. He did say it, but as we Dems like to point out to the right a lot. Context matters. Have to take it all in and not just 1 sentence etc.

I'm not aware of any evidence that there were such people there marching with the conservatives.

Reactions: DarthKyrie