Let's be realistic. Sandy 2600k is 8 core vs Bulldozer 8 core discussion thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
Soo my dad was telling me how his Premiere says he has 8 processors

Look guys ,, HT pretty much means extra 4 cores , threads call it what you want when used with a 64 bit HT app ..

Games might not care about the 4 extra threads which act as cores with right app but not games.

Photoshop
Premiere
Sony Vegas
Sonar X1c Producer

For these apps its simply 8 core vs the bulldozer 8 core. :awe: :) random thoughts sorry!!!,,

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Let's be realistic. Sandy 2600k is 4 core vs Bulldozer 4 core discussion thread!

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Why not stop saying my processor has X cores and start saying my processor can process X threads instead.

Oh wait because the 8 thread bulldozer gets flattened by its 4 thread and 6 thread rivals the 2500k and phenom II X6 which makes no sense. Back to the cores/modules/HT ambiguity :)

ThatsABigOne

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 2010
Posting in another useless tweakboy thread. thx, gl, bye bye

Personal attacks are not allowed.
this gets you an infration
markfw900
Anandtech Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
The cores and threads are completely dependant on the color of the motherboard's PCB. Intel simply uses the better colors.

jhu

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Soo my dad was telling me how his Premiere says he has 8 processors

Look guys ,, HT pretty much means extra 4 cores , threads call it what you want when used with a 64 bit HT app ..

Games might not care about the 4 extra threads which act as cores with right app but not games.

Photoshop
Premiere
Sony Vegas
Sonar X1c Producer

For these apps its simply 8 core vs the bulldozer 8 core. :awe: :) random thoughts sorry!!!,,

I guess that would make the Ultrasparc T4 a 64-core chip, eh?

Rvenger

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator <br> Video Cards
Apr 6, 2004
I never said it looked good. But you have to think of those asthetics back in the day, things are much more refined now ;) I had one of those boards and it was stable as a rock.

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Why not stop saying my processor has X cores and start saying my processor can process X threads instead.

Oh wait because the 8 thread bulldozer gets flattened by its 4 thread and 6 thread rivals the 2500k and phenom II X6 which makes no sense. Back to the cores/modules/HT ambiguity :)

In other words, Bulldozer gets Bulldozed by the Phenom and 2500k [ok that was bad I admit it].

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
Let's be realistic! 2 fast cores + HT > 8 slow cores.

starcraft.png

dirt3.png

metro.png

crysis.png

farcry.png

The thread for using your CPU as a 2nd heater in your house is this way --------> Click.

AMD should have released their 'special edition' 1-module dual core 8.4ghz World Record FX-2150. Would have been better than MOAR cores models.

Vesku

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2005
ZOMG, Intel Atom with HT is like 4 core cpu. Who needs Sandybridge?

Intel Sandybridge 4 core with HT is on average ~5 (fastest x86) cores, AMD Bulldozer CMT is on average ~6.4 (meh) cores.

Lazlo Panaflex

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2006
Posting in another useless tweakboy thread. thx, gl, bye bye

Yep, polluting the forums with more useless drivel. Just like in that other thread:

Go for the gold, Go for 5Ghz , raise voltage to 1.42v like the chap said.....

Heck go higher,, try to 5.5Ghz @ 1.5v oh but you need extreme cooling to do this, like WC or a loud powerful HSF,,, gl

Personal attacks are not allowed.
this gets you an infration
markfw900
Anandtech Moderator.

Last edited by a moderator:

lOl_lol_lOl

Oct 7, 2011
AMD Insider here.

Iam sorry but I cannot hold my silence any more.

Bulldozer was the biggest and most successful piece of trolling humanity has ever witnessed. It was part of a bet b/w the shareholders and the engineers to make a cpu with more cores, GHz slower.

They even had a spambot called Jfamd.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
This thread is just asking for problems, and I have already given 2 infractions. I am locking this, as its only attracting insults.

Status
Not open for further replies.