Let me get this straight.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Obama has been in like 25 Democratic debates. Written 2 autobiographies. Debated McCain twice. Sat for over 100 unscripted interviews. Has had every last thing in his life investigated over and over again by the both the right wing and left wing media for the last 18 months.

Palin has been in the national spotlight for 6 weeks. She gave 1 or 2 interviews and was in one vp debate.

And Palin says we don't know who Obama is?

Does anyone have a problem with this????

Pacemaker

Golden Member
Jul 13, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
Obama has been in like 25 Democratic debates. Written 2 autobiographies. Debated McCain twice. Sat for over 100 unscripted interviews. Has had every last thing in his life investigated over and over again by the both the right wing and left wing media for the last 18 months.

Palin has been in the national spotlight for 6 weeks. She gave 1 or 2 interviews and was in one vp debate.

And Palin says we don't know who Obama is?

Does anyone have a problem with this????

Not really. She's a moron who isn't going to every see the white house anyway.

Caecus Veritas

Mar 20, 2006
well, i have an issue with the media not taking this up. they don't seem to be pressing the issue of her qualifications hard. regardless of whether one is a republican or a democrat, you are an american first. these candidates are running for the 2 highest offices in this country, and we can't afford an unqualified (regardless of their political beliefs) person in that spot. i expect the media to pose hard questions to every single candidate. palin is evading this and the media is letting it slide.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Caecus Veritas
well, i have an issue with the media not taking this up. they don't seem to be pressing the issue of her qualifications hard. regardless of whether one is a republican or a democrat, you are an american first. these candidates are running for the 2 highest offices in this country, and we can't afford an unqualified (regardless of their political beliefs) person in that spot. i expect the media to pose hard questions to every single candidate. palin is evading this and the media is letting it slide.

I definitely agree with you that Obama is unqualified. And there are certainly more qualified candidates than Palin.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
It's analogous to a clown slandering and wishing they were the acrobat in the circus, yet can't climb up the ladder because her shoes are too big. ;)

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dphantom

I definitely agree with you that Obama is unqualified. And there are certainly more qualified candidates than Palin.

Except that's not what was said. Nice duhversion tho... :roll:

Caecus Veritas

Mar 20, 2006

aside from your idiotic post, i truly do believe the obama, mccain and biden are pretty much the same. capable politicians. all 3 have proven their qualifications/flaws through one mean or another.

however, palin is an entirely different story.

it seems you are so entrenced in your own ass that you are unable to truly put our country ahead of political games.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005

aside from your idiotic post, i truly do believe the obama, mccain and biden are pretty much the same. capable politicians. all 3 have proven their qualifications/flaws through one mean or another.

it seems you are so entrenced in your own ass that you are unable to truly put our country ahead of political games.

I never play games when our country is at stake.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I have a lot of problems with Palin. This is one of them. The

Actually who am I kidding, Palin has been a gift to people who want to see the democrats win, hasn't she? Should we really kick this gift horse in the mouth? She is a complete disaster for McCain's campaign.

frostedflakes

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2005

Kind of OT, but what's with referring to candidates as "the ___"? I know I've heard Obama and Biden do it, and I think McCain as well. It sounds retarded.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Ive been holding this in for a long time.

But here it goes

I CAN'T STAND PALIN!!!!

gawd she is soooo annoying! THERE IS NOTHING REDEEMABLE about her, NADA!!

she is less than an empty suit, at least an empty suit is charming and likeable.

why the hell does ANYONE like her!?? her cutesy-fartsy bullshit is sooo fake. She is degrading everyone's intelligence every time she speaks. She thinks she gets away with blowing smoke up everyone's ass. I am amazed her favorability numbers have remained as high as they are...

I can't wait for her to be out of the public eye.

/rant

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Most items found out about Obama came from bloggers, because the media likes him. Also the media never ever asks him any hard questions. He is the golden child and always gets a free pass. However, within 2 weeks there were teams of lawyers investigating anything they could find about Palin. Where were all the investigators investigating what Obama did in his past???

I am from Illinois and even I know Obama is just another crooked Chicago politician. If you believe he will give the middle class a tax break you are on crack. That will never pass muster for a vote in the House. You can believe he will do that if you want to. However, it will never ever ever ever happen. This is what Bill Clinton promised to get elected; free health care and a tax cut for the middle class. Dream on Baby!

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: piasabird
Most items found out about Obama came from bloggers, because the media likes him. Also the media never ever asks him any hard questions. He is the golden child and always gets a free pass. However, within 2 weeks there were teams of lawyers investigating anything they could find about Palin. Where were all the investigators investigating what Obama did in his past???

Hillary hired them. Found bupkis.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000

that investigating was done months and months ago when HRC was still kicking EVERYONE's ass in the polls.

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
In 2006 Obama was at my community college in Illinois. When we asked him about the cost of prescription drugs he looked us dead in the eye and said we should just live healthier. He does not care about giving anyone health care. He is a liar.

AreaCode7O7

Mar 6, 2005

I don't think the media is letting it slide, per se. They continue asking questions; what else are they supposed to do? Depending on which media you consume, they are pointing out the fact that she evades questions.

Qualifications; I started a thread on this several weeks ago and nobody actually wound up listing qualifications for president. If we don't have a defined idea of what qualifications are, the media aren't going to spend any time on them.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
In 2006 Obama was at my community college in Illinois. When we asked him about the cost of prescription drugs he looked us dead in the eye and said we should just live healthier. He does not care about giving anyone health care. He is a liar.
Well good then, there goes an argument to counter any concerns that he'll jack spending in the healthcare arena. Yet another reason a republican should not be worried about Obama.

Caecus Veritas

Mar 20, 2006
Originally posted by: frostedflakes

Kind of OT, but what's with referring to candidates as "the ___"? I know I've heard Obama and Biden do it, and I think McCain as well. It sounds retarded.

typo, my friend. sometimes you just gotta ignore the grammar mistakes :)

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005

Link.....plz