*Let me Die already*stupid quick question: what kind of credit card is my banana republic card?

RIGorous1

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2002
I signed up for this stupid card to save $20 bucks off of my first purchase, then I learned that for every $350 in purchases I get $15 back in BR cash. I'm gonna use this credit card at a online retailer like newegg or something, but I don't know what to enter under card type... there isn't a logo on it so I can't tell.

is it mastercard? visa? not even a credit card?

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
i'm sure it's some form of in-store credit. Call the issuing bank on the back and ask for sure.

-=bmacd=-

RIGorous1

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2002
Originally posted by: melly
it's their own store type of card, you nerd.

sorry! Geez I told you it was a stupid question... I didn't know, god, does it hurt to ask?

Thanks bmacd for treating me civil, unlike some other people here...

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: RIGorous1
I signed up for this stupid card to save $20 bucks off of my first purchase, then I learned that for every $350 in purchases I get $15 back in BR cash. I'm gonna use this credit card at a online retailer like newegg or something, but I don't know what to enter under card type... there isn't a logo on it so I can't tell.

If the card does not have any Visa or Mastercard symbol, then it is only an instore card.

melly

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002

sorry! Geez I told you it was a stupid question... I didn't know, god, does it hurt to ask?

lol sorry i forgot to add the smiley! ---> :)

btw, a tip for you: those store cards are high on interest so it would be wise if you paid the bill in full each month. :D

RIGorous1

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2002

lol sorry i forgot to add the smiley! ---> :)

btw, a tip for you: those store cards are high on interest so it would be wise if you paid the bill in full each month. :D

Oh, ok... man without the smiley the tone of the message was entirely different. Hehehe you are pardoned from my wrath :)

have a cold one :beer:

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
nope not a credit card... but they checked your credit history... :D better not apply for anything for awhile... :confused:

EDIT: i use that card too but i stopped going there... everytime i walk in i end buying something... :frown:

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
How the hell could you be that stupid? I saw you ask this question in another thread. Since when did Banana Republic become a bank or lender? Do you even understand the concept of credit or credit cards?

ddwbi0

Jun 22, 2002
Originally posted by: Mill
How the hell could you be that stupid? I saw you ask this question in another thread. Since when did Banana Republic become a bank or lender? Do you even understand the concept of credit or credit cards?

who needs that trivial information when you can have the most l33t computer AND look good using it?;)

Babbles

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2001
I really don't want to slam you; however, you should probably find out what you are getting yourself into before you sign away on things.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
WTF is wrong with some of you?

It's a department store revolving line of credit, only valid @ BR (and possibly their affiliate stores).

Can you use your Sears card to buy gas at BP? Fsck no.

RIGorous1

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2002
Geez, Why won't you guys let this thread die?! I said it was a stupid question... I'm a friggin youngin' here... turning 21. This is my first store credit card and I didn't know, that's why I asked! Or would you have preferred that I find out the hard way.

Besides I warned you it was a stupid question, since most of you know the answer... so stop pounding on a guy who's not as "knowledgable" as you.

ddwbi0 is right, this is trivial stuff... because most of care only about how it works for us. Sorry for being a noob, you old geezers....

:disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust:

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Geez, Why won't you guys let this thread die?! I said it was a stupid question... I'm a friggin youngin' here... turning 21. This is my first store credit card and I didn't know, that's why I asked! Or would you have preferred that I find out the hard way.

Besides I warned you it was a stupid question, since most of you know the answer... so stop pounding on a guy who's not as "knowledgable" as you.

ddwbi0 is right, this is trivial stuff... because most of care only about how it works for us. Sorry for being a noob, you old geezers....

:disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust::disgust:

I'm 21 as well, but I knew that I couldn't use a store card as universal card when I was 13.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
I always assumed those store CCs were just rebranded Visas, Mastercards, etc, and would work as those cards. I would have made the same mistake as him.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
If you wanted the thread to die, why dind't you just erase your post and change the title to something like <== lock me

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
I always assumed those store CCs were just rebranded Visas, Mastercards, etc, and would work as those cards. I would have made the same mistake as him.

holy crap. don't ever say you go to UT again.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Hammer

Tell me how in the hell I would know that they are proprietary without having experience with them? Do they say in the ads? No. Do they say in the store when they offer them to you? No.

Zombie

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 1999

I hope you are kidding because that card is only good at BR. lol.

Normally those cards are not worth it unless you are saving more than $50 on your purchase.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Hammer

Tell me how in the hell I would know that they are proprietary without having experience with them? Do they say in the ads? No. Do they say in the store when they offer them to you? No.

One it is common sense... two, I really think credit should be a class in HS.