Lest there be any doubt, THIS tells you all you need to know

Format C:

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
NEWS

<< The Bush campaign called on the Gore campaign to concede. But the Gore campaign responded, saying, *&quot;This is just the beginning.&quot; >>

*Emphasis added

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
.. and conversely, I have no illusions that if the situation was reversed, the Bush campaign wouldn't be dragging the country through the same mud as the Bore campaign is. At least that is still speculation, while the Bore people have laid all doubts to rest as to whether their candidate is worthy of the title of 'leader' of the country.

ride525

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
The Bush campaign is nuts, to think that someone should concede with a 327 vote margin, and possibly thousands of absentee ballots not counted yet.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
WhyTF would Gore conceed when he is down by only a few hundred votes and bush is down by 200,000 on the popular? Sure, popular doesn't matter - but clearly more people in the US want gore instead of bush, so with being down by only 300, I sure as f**k wouldn't conceed either.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Refresher on history.... In 1960 the race was also extremely close between Nixon and Kennedy. In that race, there were widespread indications of not just 'irregularities', but outright fraud in many close races. Kennedy ended up winning by a very small margin in Illinois, and Nixon was urged by his camp to file suit..... He refused, saying privately that the needs of the nation are more important than the needs of him and his party. He conceded (even with a tiny margin and possible fraudulent votes against him). Whether you like the man or not, that was the right thing to do. I don't think EITHER candidate we have today would have the balls to bow down for the good of the nation.

ride525

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999
Well, I wouldn't want EITHER candidate to concede, until it can be established for sure who has won the election.

Things are so close in Florida, that hasn't been established yet.

fdiskboy

Golden Member
Sep 21, 2000
I predict that if Gore continues on his present course, his political future (win or lose) is over. All the Reagan Democrats who voted for Gore will quickly abandon him, there would be a huge Congressional landslide in 2002, and more to follow in the Pres. race of 2004.

Aceman

Banned
Oct 9, 1999

<< bush is down by 200,000 on the popular? Sure, popular doesn't matter - but clearly more people in the US want gore instead of bush >>

By my calculations .2% POINT 2 PERCENT of the voting Americans favor Gore over Bush. Yep that's clear....CLEAR AS MUD!

Bush spent no real time in NY becasue he knew it would not get the electorial votes. How many New Yorkers agreed and decided not to vote. California is pretty much the same way. How many Californians just didn't vote because they figured their vote wasn't going to matter? How many other states can we reveal complete f ups? If it was close to a 1% lead for Gore, I would say you might have a case, but .2%????

My prediction.... Bush will take the Presidency. He will have a rough time the first two years and then the next round of elections will hit and we may see a more lopsided House and Senate where things might get done.

If Gore takes the Presidency NOTHING will get done as the slight majority Republicans will make sure of this and commit political suicide.

wiin

Oct 28, 1999

Tagej wrote:
Refresher on history.... In 1960 the race was also extremely close between Nixon and Kennedy. In that race, there were widespread indications of not just 'irregularities', but outright fraud in many close races. Kennedy ended up winning by a very small margin in Illinois, and Nixon was urged by his camp to file suit..... He refused, saying privately that the needs of the nation are more important than the needs of him and his party. He conceded (even with a tiny margin and possible fraudulent votes against him). Whether you like the man or not, that was the right thing to do. I don't think EITHER candidate we have today would have the balls to bow down for the good of the nation.

Tagej: There is no reason for President Bush to bow out. He won.

Double Trouble

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
<<Tagej: There is no reason for President Bush to bow out. He won.

My point is that if the situation was reversed, his campaign people would be likely to do the same. Of course this is speculation -- Gore on the other hand has proven it already with his actions.

ride525

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999

<< It's simple. He lost. >>

How can you say that yet? They haven't even counted all the absentee ballots yet.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
ride525,

The absentee ballots will only widen Bush's winning margin.

Russ, NCNE

ride525

Golden Member
Oct 14, 1999

<< The absentee ballots will only widen Bush's winning margin. >>

Well that's true if they go the way they did in Florida in 1996.

However, I've read a couple of places that there were efforts to get US citizens living in Israel (there are apparently 6,000 from Florida) to vote. Common thought is that the Jewish vote there would go for Gore/Lieberman. It remains to be seen how many ballots were sent, and how many will be returned, and whether is will have any effect.

But as far as the military vote, I'd be surprised if that didn't go for Bush.....We'll see though, after they are all counted...

This is definitely an interesting election.....

EDIT: There is a post elsewhere that the extra time for overseas ballots only applies to the military....so not sure about all of this

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

<< I predict that if Gore continues on his present course, his political future (win or lose) is over. All the Reagan Democrats who voted for Gore will
quickly abandon him, there would be a huge Congressional landslide in 2002, and more to follow in the Pres. race of 2004.
>>

Now thats dreaming.

<< What do you expect when we choose to nomiate such cowardly men as Bush and Gore to run for the President. Neither has a detectable spine
and both are a great embasrrassment to our country.
>>

[/b]GTMA!:)

Tagej,
Again thanks for being tagej, I agree, the other camp would do the same thing and as a back up to &quot;a loss&quot; in FL. they have/are exploring possible re-count by machine or hand in Iowa and/or Wisconson, its pathetic...I will keep on saying it though, the two party system is suck, you have no &quot;real&quot; or &quot;substantial&quot; choice for candidates, it's either BAAAA-BA or BA-BAAAA, thats it.

Russ, I ask again, I thought you said you were voting for Browne.......

SHUX

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
How is that this problem only occured in a Democratic county, in State run by Bush's brother, that has a history voter fraud and messed up elections? Jeb &quot;hooked&quot; his brother up and that's what I believe. Bush is not only behind in the popular but electoral also at this present moment. Why would Bush want to oppose a hand count? Its amazing that all the states that were announced that night that only Florida was mysteriously changed. What they used a different system for determining who won only in Florida? Dan Rather said that had never happened before. Hmmmm? After hearing the announcement that Gore had won the state, Jeb, governor of Florida, made a &quot;few&quot; phone calls. Who did he call? Where did he call? And more importantly why did he call?

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
classy, you are fogetting a few facts.

• The &quot;confusing&quot; ballots were created by Democarats.
  • The election was run by Democrats.
  • The attorney general is in charge of the recount. He is also Gore's campain manager in FL.
  • Jeb has backed off and is staying out of the mess. The attorney general will not, despite a clear conflict of interest.

Capn

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
Classy he obviously called Elvis (who is still alive) and the guys who forged the moon landing to help him out. Ever heard of reality?, maybe you want to visit it sometime.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
A few facts. Hmmmm............Here's some reality.........
Overturned elections in Florida

More than 50,000 Felons registered to vote.
More than 40,000 registered voters in Florida with 2 addresses in Florida.
More than 17000 dead people still registered to vote in Florida.

The ballot according to Florida state law is wrong. The ballot is supposed to list the party that came in second in the governors race second on the presidential ballot. Who's second on the ballot Gore or Buchanan?
That ballot caused so much confusion that a memorandum was printed up and distibuted after the election started.
The ballot was only used in that county which is heavily, heavily Democratic. Want some more facts?
How about these.
Fact: Bush recieved less than 10% of the African American Vote exit polls
Many of those 19000 votes were from African American Communities in Palm Beach Florida. Why do think the NAACP is now involved. Fact, this is why he lost Pennsylvania and Michigan. Why do think the Republicans moved to get the polls closed in Missouri so fast after a judge had given an order for them to stay open. St Louis is a heavily populated African American City. How about a few more facts?
Fact there is a large rise in liberal voters in Florida. But the fact is less than 400 are actually registered to vote to Palm Baech Florida.
Fact the day of the election more 5000 callls were placed to Democratic headquaters complaining of the ballot in Palm Beach Florida.
Fact Janet Reno recieved hundreds of complaints from the residents in Palm Beach Florida about the voting situation in Palm Beach Florida. She to said the situation will have to monitored closely.
Fact Bush still has not won.
Fact now Bush wants to fight a hand count.
Fact Jeb Bush didn't call to find out why is brother was declared a loser in other state when it was announced but his own, Florida.
These are all facts.
Fact is many of you have no facts at all.

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Sigh......., classy, you didn't really reply to any of my points. The democrats created the &quot;confusing&quot; ballots, they ran the elections, and Gore's campaign manager is in charge of the recount.

More than 50,000 Felons registered to vote.
More than 40,000 registered voters in Florida with 2 addresses in Florida.
More than 17000 dead people still registered to vote in Florida.

The ballot according to Florida state law is wrong. The ballot is supposed to list the party that came in second in the governors race second on the presidential ballot. Who's second on the ballot Gore or Buchanan?
That ballot caused so much confusion that a memorandum was printed up and distibuted after the election started.
The ballot was only used in that county which is heavily, heavily Democratic.

Again, the democrats created the ballots and they pretty much ran the show for this election. They created this mess!!! It goes against all common sense to blame this on anyone other than the democrats.

dirtboy

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Why should Gore concede? Because if he has any honor he will. Gore's an &quot;Indian Giver&quot;. He conceded the election once and then later called back and took it away.

If you think about this for five minutes, is this really the person we want dealing with foreign affairs. Will he change his mind about things or take promises back? Probably...he already lies through his teeth badly, just add that last concession to the list.