Leopard not booting up!

rikadik

Dec 30, 2004
For some strange reason Leopard is no longer booting up on my MacBook. It just goes to a light blue screen with the mouse pointer on it then moves no further. That said I haven't tried leaving it for more than 5 minutes but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

I've tried botting in safe mode and repairing the OSX partition using Disk Utility on the install DVD to no avail. Anything else I can try?

Fortunately, I've got Tiger installed on an external drive so hopefully I'll be able to boot from that, back up from files from Leopard to do a format and clean install.

But still, it'd be nice just to get it sorted in a less annoying way. Any ideas?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
did you try resetting your SMC or PRAM?

Resetting SMC
1. If the computer is on, turn it off.
2. Disconnect the AC Adapter and remove the computer's battery.
3. Press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds and then release the button.
4. Reconnect the battery and AC Adapter.
5. Press the Power button to restart the computer.

Resetting PRAM and NVRAM
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command, Option, P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
3. Turn on the computer.
4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.
5. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
6. Release the keys.

rikadik

Dec 30, 2004
Thanks for the help.

I tried your suggestions but unforunately to no avail. :(

rikadik

Dec 30, 2004
Originally posted by: umrigar
Try holding SHIFT on boot? (Safe boot)

Yeah I've tried that, no luck. Not looking good.

I've also left the laptop for an hour to see if would boot up, and it wouldn't.

I should point out I'm still managing to boot XP on bootcamp, which is how I'm typing this. The irony, lol.